Atmosphere

It wouldn't be any use me or the lads I went with going as i'm the only one to have gone to a game all season and that's only twice. I do agree that someone should attend and make their point in front of other fans etc. Perhaps if they share their issues/thoughts directly in front of people that don't know what goes on it will be harder for certain people to wriggle out of it. Assuming the club are making it difficult....

I was more highlighting how it worked a few seasons ago and that if (as has been suggested) problems are being made by the club/stewards then it is a shame.
Exactly mate. U have support, people want a decent atmosphere, but it’s vital someone attends, then answers have to be given, and any solutions are made in front of loads of witnesses. If things then still don’t improve more people want to know why. If no one goes the question might get asked and answered and put down to sulking or something

Have the Ultras (from memory, LucaBrasi and TBFUTH?) signed up here since the forum moved?

LucaBrasi and OxfordUltras (the two I used was referring to in my original post) no longer attend matches and have not signed up to this forum. We meet up regularly but both have found other things to do with their time and money. Not too sure about TBFUTH who has been the key driver (as far as i'm aware) in pushing and organising the Ultras in the last 12 - 18 months.

It wouldn't be any use me or the lads I went with going as i'm the only one to have gone to a game all season and that's only twice. I do agree that someone should attend and make their point in front of other fans etc. Perhaps if they share their issues/thoughts directly in front of people that don't know what goes on it will be harder for certain people to wriggle out of it. Assuming the club are making it difficult....

I was more highlighting how it worked a few seasons ago and that if (as has been suggested) problems are being made by the club/stewards then it is a shame.
Questions are bound sure to be asked re flags/ultras/ 'enthusiastic' stewarding in certain parts of the breeze block at Wednesday's Oxvox members meeting.... though it would be better if the questions were asked by some of those at the sharp end so to speak

EDIT ..... Ultras/East stand is an item on the agenda for Wed nights Oxvox members meeting

Last edited:
To get an atmosphere you need songs, real football songs and we just seem to have yellows yellows and that's about it!

Not sure why a club should be expected to pander to a group of supporters to be honest. I also believe that if there is anything sinister in the stewarding then that is wrong too and should not be tolerated by the club but surely the whole purpose of any fan (whether they seem to consider themselves superior to everyone else or not) is to get behind the team. Forget the flags argument, if they sing and get behind the club when there are flags why is is different if there is not ?

I think we all need to remember that all paying fans are the same and no group should expect some sort of special treatment

Just my view
Spot on. And I don’t care if they throw their toys out of the pram. They can come and go as they wish. So can I.

LucaBrasi and OxfordUltras (the two I used was referring to in my original post) no longer attend matches and have not signed up to this forum. We meet up regularly but both have found other things to do with their time and money. Not too sure about TBFUTH who has been the key driver (as far as i'm aware) in pushing and organising the Ultras in the last 12 - 18 months.
A real shame if the attitude of the club has contributed to this feeling of losing interest in the club by our more passionate younger fans.

As said repeatedly in this thread, a massive own goal from a club which has come on leaps and bounds in recent years. Anyone from the club reading this really should take note and do the right thing.

Darryl Eales makes much of countering negativity and creating a community. Perhaps a locally based MD with experience of encouraging the potential of young people might wish to take this on as a project.

The PR alone would make it worthwhile, aside from merely improving atmosphere, revenue and generally being the right thing to do.

Would lo

Would love a good anti Reading song ;)

some from back in the mists of time.....

"you even run from Sw*nd*n...."

"Where were you when you were s**t?.... "

" Train stop near Didcot, you're just a train stop near Didcot...."

"You're just a bunch of mockneys..."

"Small TOWN in Berkshire, you're just a small TOWN in Berkshire..."*

EDIT- * the plastics have (Still), not, as yet, been bestowed City status, proving that Madjeski can't buy everything for them!

Last edited:
Its quite sad really that in a crowd of 7k home fans, if the regular 10 or so people don't start the songs then it will be completely quiet for 90 mins. Even when block 21 was doing good and we had a big number in there, the rest of the east stand was still silent. Bradford away was poor, tried to get a few chants going and not many people were interested. Blackpool (H) was dreadful though. Left 30 mins in because honestly it just felt like no one cared. The club are ultimately why the atmosphere is in this position, if the stewarding team actually had common sense, weren't enforcing hard ticket checks in the emptiest part of the east stand, yelling at the youngest kids we have in the block, and actually supported the group like they publicly stated they would, then we wouldn't be in this position of the Kassam actually feeling like a soulless stadium.

Rochdale away was woefully quiet without any of the Ultras present.
Barely any noise at all when the players came out. And a handful of songs at best.

Even the chaps who used to be the "singers" a few years back before the Ultras really took off seem to have downed tools
and don't "lead" the singing anymore.

Football fans and singing is a strange situation. Plenty of people will join in with songs once they are started by a recognised person/group but seem reluctant to start one off themselves. It's almost feel like their status isn't high enough to be starting songs.

It is a shame if the stewarding at home games has dampended the spirit of the Ultras especially as I feel like they were in a fantastic position to really become one of the leading groups of their kind in the country.

However, if none of them turn up at this meeting that gives them a perfect opportunity to discuss their issues/grievances etc in an open environment with more representation than just the club and themselves then the question must be asked - why?

Its quite sad really that in a crowd of 7k home fans, if the regular 10 or so people don't start the songs then it will be completely quiet for 90 mins. Even when block 21 was doing good and we had a big number in there, the rest of the east stand was still silent. Bradford away was poor, tried to get a few chants going and not many people were interested. Blackpool (H) was dreadful though. Left 30 mins in because honestly it just felt like no one cared. The club are ultimately why the atmosphere is in this position, if the stewarding team actually had common sense, weren't enforcing hard ticket checks in the emptiest part of the east stand, yelling at the youngest kids we have in the block, and actually supported the group like they publicly stated they would, then we wouldn't be in this position of the Kassam actually feeling like a soulless stadium.
Absolutely. The club has really shot itself in the foot over this.

Good news. Tiger is setting up a zone with enormous big-titted bitches to lead the singing and serve mojitos when we finally get properly gentrified.

I wonder if this a situation where the club and Ultras are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Unreserved seating comes with monitoring issues and individuals who are loosely organised don't want to be forced into a structure.

Although £8 for a Mojito is a touch steep.
I heard that the mojitos would only cost 3 quid. But they plan to use stinging nettles instead of mint.

I wonder if this a situation where the club and Ultras are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Unreserved seating comes with monitoring issues and individuals who are loosely organised don't want to be forced into a structure.

Whatever happens, I hope one of the Ultras make it to the meeting this week. Would be very easy to dismiss the topic if there are no people there to put their point of view forward.

Back
Top Bottom