At what point does the button get pushed?

gofish2

32 games and 33 points
7 wins from 32 games, 13 losses and 12 draws
48 goals conceded and a -10 goal difference.

14 games remaining, and 42 points available

Current average, 1 point per game so we might get another 14 points, thus a total of 47 points.
At what point does Tiger/the board intervene?

32 games and 33 points

Current average, 1 point per game so we might get another 14 points, thus a total of 47 points.
What button? Why didn’t you say this after the Sunderland game?

Well I have said similar prior to the Sunderland game, since then I was hoping for the best. The button reference is fairly easy to work out....

32 games and 33 points

When/if we get relegated, then he’s a goner (unless he walks first).

Would be nice to think they organise themselves but I think the reality is that the day to day running of the football is of no consequence to the board.

Why would they need to organize themselves to have a meeting about releasing the manager if it's not what they wish to do/?

Why would they need to organize themselves to have a meeting about releasing the manager if it's not what they wish to do/?
Might have missed my point there! I am not convinced that the entire board are there with the intent of running/overseeing the football club. If Tiger were to say Robinson out, then I would guess that that is all it would take. Ain't going to happen, as we have all pretty much surmised, so academic really.

We have taken 43 points from 41 league games under Robinson’s management, not pulling up trees is he?

Under a normal ownership he would be gone or under big pressure but this isn’t that so I should imagine he is here till the end, just have to hope he can pull something out of the bag and keep us up by the skin of our teeth.

We have taken 43 points from 41 league games under Robinson’s management, not pulling up trees is he?

Under a normal ownership he would be gone or under big pressure but this isn’t that so I should imagine he is here till the end, just have to hope he can pull something out of the bag and keep us up by the skin of our teeth.
Even if we get relegated he’ll still be here. He’s as much a part of the management structure at the club as Tiger and NM. I think they all come as a package until when and if Tiger departs.

You’re not allowed to use facts. Same as you’re not allowed to dislike the manager after the team has played well or maybe won a game, even though next time you are ‘allowed’ to moan you’ll have it thrown at you how you didn’t after the win. Even though you weren’t ‘allowed’ to moan then either.

Understand? No, neither do I.

Even if we get relegated he’ll still be here. He’s as much a part of the management structure at the club as Tiger and NM. I think they all come as a package until when and if Tiger departs.

If we get relegated then he will be sacked. They have previously talked to him about going on his own accord but he wasn’t interested.

Just think Tiger will walk if the Board wanted Championship Football and then the dream they would of invested in the last window would love to know why the big players (directors) are hear. Not sure we should blame Robinson.

32 games and 33 points

Tiger has been pushing our buttons since he arrived with his bullshit. However much he has allegedly invested it just isnt enough and the well MUST now be empty. Same old crap on deadline day - any old signings to appease the fans but seemingly most of them signed for the reserves (U23) rather than to be real impact players in the first team. He is a complete charlatan (person practicing quackery or some similar confidence trick or deception in order to obtain money, fame or other advantages via some form of pretense or deception. Synonyms for "charlatan" include "shyster", "quack", or "faker"). Until there is a complete overhaul at board room level we will never regain credibility - I shudder to think of the type of applications we might get if he does get rids of silly B*****s Robinson. Wonder what yarns they will spin this year to get the season ticket renewals in early. And why do we suddenly have no direction? Very odd to hear Neil pre match saying that he was working so hard to find a sustainable blueprint for the club that works, when 2 years ago we were the envy of many for picking up players and developing them quickly to be sold at huge profits. Everything has imploded since the beer bandit and his "calm down" sidekick slithered into town. We don't pay our bills and we cannot attract decent young talent

Last edited:
I’ve pondered this question this evening. Whilst I’ve posted in a mild form of support in our manager in some capacity, I don’t think we should totally dismiss the idea of sacking him.

Cast your mind back to 2005-06. Talbot as manager was allowed to limp on as manager until mid-March. Whilst there were opportunities to arrest our slide after that under Jim Smith and Talbot wasn’t totally to blame as his hands were tied by a shoestring budget from FK (in an alternate universe, Patterson could have kept us up and FK continued as owner for longer), it was the occasional draw and win followed by a couple of defeats that kept him there for so long. We looked ok at times but ok slid us down the table when we needed to be better. How long do we put up with ‘positive’ draws that don’t pull us up the table when we really need wins?

Any incoming manager would have this group of players at their disposal and no others. There’s no opportunities for reinforcements. I do think that there are some good players in our current bunch even if the squad is unbalanced. Would a new manager be able to generate anything different from them? Maybe some different tactics, creative set pieces or motivation could help.

One to ponder especially when we continue to waste opportunities to pull away and KR plays the same rigid system that looks good but doesn’t deliver game after game.

You’re not allowed to use facts. Same as you’re not allowed to dislike the manager after the team has played well or maybe won a game, even though next time you are ‘allowed’ to moan you’ll have it thrown at you how you didn’t after the win. Even though you weren’t ‘allowed’ to moan then either.

Understand? No, neither do I.
I grant that you have been clear and consistent in your dislike of Robinson. What annoys me is that if the ball bobbles wide from a last minute chance everyone moans about Tiger, but if it bobbles in then people talk about a plucky comeback and too good to go down. Some perspective is needed, and to separate the team from the backstage shenanigans

You can't push a button if there is no button there to be pushed...

Back
Top Bottom