At what point does the button get pushed?

I agree he must.
We’ve had some better results recently and a win against Boro would’ve made us look comfortable.
Plymouth have stuck with Derek Adams and they are improving.
Certain teams are crashing down the table, Accrington and Walsall.
Difficult place to go, but three points tomorrow anyone?

I know a lot of rubbish gets posted on the OM comments section but someone’s said that Robinson’s record is 17 wins from 55 matches?! What a shocking statistic. In the cut throat world of football management he must wake up every morning pinching himself about how lucky he is.
KR's league wins is much more worrying:
10 out of 42 games win ration of 24% points per game 1.04

I agree though this is not the right time to sack a manager. Especially if Tiger is going to run the process to recruit another one (if he even go round to it this season).

I think we have now just got to tough it till the end of the season, and hope we can apply some of our better performances to weaker teams. This has to start on Tuesday.

Last edited:
As I have said on another post, it is too late to get rid of him now. Even though I don't think it was ever on the agenda.
If it was going to happen it should have been well before Xmas to give the new bloke a chance to bring his own players in.
They just need to tough it out. Surely they should be good enough to scramble clear shouldn't they with the players that they have.
If they slip into League 2 with this group of players then they would deserve the sack.

As I have said on another post, it is too late to get rid of him now. Even though I don't think it was ever on the agenda.
If it was going to happen it should have been well before Xmas to give the new bloke a chance to bring his own players in.
They just need to tough it out. Surely they should be good enough to scramble clear shouldn't they with the players that they have.
If they slip into League 2 with this group of players then they would deserve the sack.

there in lay the answer who were these players that a new manager would identify that would either not be snapped up by higher clubs or want to come here ? that's assuming funds for such players were available in the first place.

Agree it's too late but, let's face it, we couldn't afford to buy out his contract anyway, unless it's a Hibs/Mapp style one which I very much doubt.

He won’t get sacked, his record here is poor enough to deserve it but who is going to sack him?

With two away games coming up, hard to see a win from them going by Robinson’s record here, we could well be going into a huge home game with a manager who has won one in twelve, has taken only a point a game from 40 plus league games but is under no pressure from above, I doubt that would’ve happening at any other club in the country, which shows what a basket case we are.

KR's league wins is much more worrying:
10 out of 42 games win ration of 24% points per game 1.04

I agree though this is not the right time to sack a manager. Especially if Tiger is going to run the process to recruit another one (if he even go round to it this season).

I think we have now just got to tough it till the end of the season, and hope we can apply some of our better performances to weaker teams. This has to start on Tuesday.
10 wins from 42.. and still some people are saying ‘chill out we only have to win 6 of our last 14 games’. I admit I’m worried but see the logic of sticking with what we have.

Robinson will probably puff his chest out and pat himself on the back if we do avoid relegation. Citing bad luck and bad referees as the reason for our struggles and telling anyone who’ll listen how well he’s done to overcome all the adversities. It’s been a shambolic season whatever happens from here on in.

What a damning indictment it is when we are saying he should have been replaced but now cant be, and we are relying on some statistical luck as the answer to League 1 survival

Reading through this thread (any others), there seems to be a repeating theme that relegation is by far the likeliest option, and any deviation from that opinion is mindless optimism.

I don't think that is a fair position. People tend to focus too much on the problems in our court, and underestimate problems other teams are experiencing. Looking at the table now, from my view, taking into quality of squads, mid term form, remaining fixtures and our decent performances against top teams, there isn't a single team in the bottom 8 I would change position with (possibly with Bristol rovers in a similar position to us). This is both backed up by the bookies where we are currently 9th most likely to go down, and from stats sites such as experimental361, where we are predicted to have a 15% chance of relegation (https://experimental361.com/2019/02/17/e-ratings-update-league-1-17-feb-2019/). Interested to hear which teams in the bottom 8 people think are in a better position in terms of risk of relegation and why.

So to get the topic of the original post. It isn't time to push the button. The disruption caused by a manager change would see us more likely for relegation than if we remain on the path we are on. Our manager situation should only reassessed come the end of the reason. The hysteria and pitchforks that result from every time we lose a game is getting very repetitive.

(cue irritating and overused "ostrich" comment coming my way)

I agree, radicalox, we are still in a good position to stay up. March is the key to that. Every game in that month is winnable. Do well in that month and we could be practically safe. I think some are worrying based upon our lapses in form (most concerning was the Christmas period which was another bunch of winnable fixtures all thrown away). Whatever happens now we are passengers. therefore I see little point in fretting about it.

However I agree with yellowbow this season, no matter how it ends, has been a bit of a disaster. I would love to see us mathematically safe then wack the heck out of the button that fires KR (still don't think this will happen though). I do not want another farcical transfer window like the last 2. Heavens if KR is in charge next season I bet we end up with a squad with no defenders, no strikers, and dozens of injury prone midfielders all welded to his fixed formation which now everyone has sussed out. KR seems to have proved himself to be a very limited manager and is extremely unpopular. It will take something to fix that.

For me, it's as simple as this. If Robinson picks up results, I will tolerate him as manager. I think he's far too gone with everything for me to respect him and appreciate him as a manager no matter what he does during his remaining time at the club. If he doesn't get the results, I want him gone.

In terms of sacking him, I think there was an opportunity 11 games in, when we picked up only at total of 5 points. In our next 11, we picked up 20. So we went from relegation form to play-off form. KR stayed on, then we hit a little blip. But it was close to the window, so KR had time to reach the January window to 'fix' the problems in the squad. In our last 10 games, we've picked up 8 points. So it's looking like we're back to relegation form once again. I think our only saving grace is hitting these remaining games with the form we saw in the second quarter of the season. Whether KR will stay on or not I really don't know, as any other manager would've been sacked long ago.

Reading through this thread (any others), there seems to be a repeating theme that relegation is by far the likeliest option, and any deviation from that opinion is mindless optimism.

I don't think that is a fair position. People tend to focus too much on the problems in our court, and underestimate problems other teams are experiencing. Looking at the table now, from my view, taking into quality of squads, mid term form, remaining fixtures and our decent performances against top teams, there isn't a single team in the bottom 8 I would change position with (possibly with Bristol rovers in a similar position to us). This is both backed up by the bookies where we are currently 9th most likely to go down, and from stats sites such as experimental361, where we are predicted to have a 15% chance of relegation (https://experimental361.com/2019/02/17/e-ratings-update-league-1-17-feb-2019/). Interested to hear which teams in the bottom 8 people think are in a better position in terms of risk of relegation and why.

So to get the topic of the original post. It isn't time to push the button. The disruption caused by a manager change would see us more likely for relegation than if we remain on the path we are on. Our manager situation should only reassessed come the end of the reason. The hysteria and pitchforks that result from every time we lose a game is getting very repetitive.

(cue irritating and overused "ostrich" comment coming my way)
Walsall have lost their last five, scoring once. That includes a home loss to AFC Wimbledon.
Rochdale have 4 points from their last 8 games, which includes a win against Walsall.
Accrington have (like us to be fair) won once in the league since boxing day, though have had a much easier (on paper) schedule.
Shrewsbury haven't won a league game since before Christmas.

Absolutely no doubting we need to pick up, but I think there are reasons to believe we will, and I don't think those teams will. Agree very much about the pitchforks.

If we get relegated Robinson goes.
If we stay up he (probably) stays.
Not sure which is the best outcome!

If we get relegated Robinson goes.
If we stay up he (probably) stays.
Not sure which is the best outcome!

Always rather stay up, we have never bounced back straight away from a relegation and with the current ownership that seems even more unlikely.

Can always press the gold button on the desk on X factor see what happens ? See if TIger or Kassam comes out on top?

What we’re basically saying here is Clotet is a better manager than Robinson.

Clearly Clotet built a better squad and had better tactics than KR, as just over a year ago he left when we were in 10th. We haven’t been that high since.

I believe the current squad has better individuals but possibly now seeing that Clotet’s squad was better.

I never thought I’d say this, but I actually wish we had Pep in charge.

What we’re basically saying here is Clotet is a better manager than Robinson.

Clearly Clotet built a better squad and had better tactics than KR, as just over a year ago he left when we were in 10th. We haven’t been that high since.

I believe the current squad has better individuals but possibly now seeing that Clotet’s squad was better.

I never thought I’d say this, but I actually wish we had Pep in charge.
Preferred Jim Smith myself

Back
Top Bottom