At what point does the button get pushed?

So you don't think MApp's post match comments would be more sensible?
Or that he'd be calmer on the touchlines?
Or that MApp's team was no better organised than what we are watching week in week out?

All of those three are not 'sentimental guesswork' they are what happened when he was here!

It's a straw man argument to say what would he do with the players we've got. He isn't going to suddenly be our manager at this stage of the season, and if he was put in place earlier we would have different players.
And you don't think that he would have been able to attract better players in the first place?
Would he have signed Mackie? I very much doubt it.

Do you really think Robinson is actually getting the best out of the players he has? Because I certainly don't.
MApp was calmer on the sideline and spoke better after games when he won. But then Robinson also chilled out when we were getting results.

Some people choose to ignore the comments from MApp such as "plan B is going back to plan A" etc. He was a good manager but lets not ignore the fact that he was in charge of a team that had one of the top budgets in league 2. He had his failings too and wouldn't turn Mackie into Harry Kane or Garbutt into Roberto Carlos!!

The point in my reference to Mapp is more to do with the players we have. I think a more competent and balanced manager with a broader range of managerial skills would very probably get more from them. There have been periods when then has been seen this season, but it's never sustained and has a kind of 'we're getting there' quality when, in truth, 'there' is relegation.
Taking personalities and criticisms out of the argument, how many other managers get to last this long on such poor results.?

MApp was calmer on the sideline and spoke better after games when he won. But then Robinson also chilled out when we were getting results.

Some people choose to ignore the comments from MApp such as "plan B is going back to plan A" etc. He was a good manager but lets not ignore the fact that he was in charge of a team that had one of the top budgets in league 2. He had his failings too and wouldn't turn Mackie into Harry Kane or Garbutt into Roberto Carlos!!

All of which is true, and I also think your optimism is admirable. That said, when we ever ever consistent relegation candidates under Mapp?

I just want this clown to Go! I have done for along time, nothing changes with the poop after matches. It’s just the same old drivel, and I think we’d be better off going to the end of the season without a manager. Can’t do any worse!

Two extremely poor transfer windows, broken promises, and a complete failure to bring in the players we needed to get out of this mess. The buck stops with the manager I’m afraid. The budget hes had is higher than half the clubs in this league at a guess, and he’s squandered it on injury prone players, and players that are just not good enough for this level. Exception of Graham, and Whyte, and Browne. The rest have been woeful.

And then MAPP would turn water into wine and heal the sick with just a warm embrace and would sort out brexit and would get the SSU to sing ....

….Just as he settles his men, at half way, at the furthest northern outpost, as they prepare to ascend unto the next level.

Oh hang on a minute, that's Carlisle away! Maybe therefore he could do it again, if not taken by the Green Celtic force north of the border, in Hibernia.

In his defence, and Im being generous here. managers are only as good as their chairmen. This isn't to excuse him but also to add another dimension. That said, he didn't exactly set the world alight at Charlton and he was no "WOW" appointment.

I think it’s already too late to sack him. Who’s out there that would want it and how long would it take to get someone in. It isn’t going to happen imo. And before anyone says Appleton, he wouldn’t take it because he’s hanging on for a bigger job.

I think it’s already too late to sack him. Who’s out there that would want it and how long would it take to get someone in. It isn’t going to happen imo. And before anyone says Appleton, he wouldn’t take it because he’s hanging on for a bigger job.

I actually think Appleton would be interested but only with specific guarantees, so it’s not going to happen.

Who on these boards would accept a job from Thanakarnjanasuth with just a verbal promise of future funding?

Anyway as much as I like and admire Appleton it’s time to move on.

...he didn't exactly set the world alight at Charlton and he was no "WOW" appointment.
I agree - I am not at all convinced that Robinson was the potential appointment ST was referring to with that comment...

It was Nightclub Pat.

Lucky escape; instead of a preening t**t we got a really grounded manager with experience of taking a club downstream and a great media presence.

Finally we get to the MApp v Robinson debate that we’ve all craved.

If only we could solve this unsolvable mystery

I genuinely believe that we have to stick with what we have - the time to bin KR off was September. The coming fixtures are more of a norm than the last 10 or so games has been. While we won't turn up and win them all, I suspect we'll see some better results.

What is needed is confidence, belief and desire on and off the pitch.

'The button' is owned by the owner and the stakeholders in the club. If the owner thinks KR is a stakeholder, a puppet or whatever else he calls him, the button is never going to be pressed. The owner isn't naive enough to not know about some of the fans feelings but at the same time I think he's not naive enough to think he can replace KR with somebody else who'll do as much running around as KR does.

IMO the problem, as others have concluded I think, is that KR isn't just managing the team, he's managing the club on behalf of the Wild Cat and he knows that this role wouldn't be taken on by any other managers (or any that could improve the situation anyhow). I think KR could do better when just concentrating on the first team activities (to start with) but I don't control the button, nor does the opinion of this forum or other fans.

I admire your positivity but let's face it, the remaining 14 matches are against teams that we have already played in the first half of the season with relegation-level success. What leads you to think that we will improve upon this and increase our points ratio to more than one per game thus avoiding relegation. I sincerely hope that your optimism bears fruit.

Conceding a goal to a £650k striker, what about our £4m striker.

The bad Xmas cannot be attributed solely to injuries, other teams sussed out our rigid method of play and weaknesses and adopted appropriate tactics to achieve success against us.

January signings:- Sinclair, not the experienced striker that we needed. Sykes and Smith, not played at all. Kashi, limited playing time with no impact. Repeat of the Summer when KR held out to sign Smith at the expense of signing the type of player needed.

OK the likes of Nelson did not leave but will be a valueless free agent come Summer. People prayed he wouldn't leave as we were likely to be relegated without him! Where was he on Saturday against the £650k goalscorer.

Robinson, the epitomy of immaturity with a rigid playing style, unable to use players to their strengths and bereft of tactical imagination. I agree that replacing him at this stage would be unfair on any new manager even if we could afford to end his contract.

Fight from the players, little evidence of that against the Posh.

Get a grip of ourselves, people are simply being realistic based on the evidence to date.

Tony was available when Robinson was chasing and chasing Smith from Reading. I remember Jerome saying so on Radox.
Watching him yesterday was enough to know we should have been in for him!
How the clubs recruitment has dropped to such a terrible standard has to be explained.

Tony was available when Robinson was chasing and chasing Smith from Reading. I remember Jerome saying so on Radox.
Watching him yesterday was enough to know we should have been in for him!
How the clubs recruitment has dropped to such a terrible standard has to be explained.
Er 650K! We’ll never have that kind of money

'The button' is owned by the owner and the stakeholders in the club. If the owner thinks KR is a stakeholder, a puppet or whatever else he calls him, the button is never going to be pressed. The owner isn't naive enough to not know about some of the fans feelings but at the same time I think he's not naive enough to think he can replace KR with somebody else who'll do as much running around as KR does.

IMO the problem, as others have concluded I think, is that KR isn't just managing the team, he's managing the club on behalf of the Wild Cat and he knows that this role wouldn't be taken on by any other managers (or any that could improve the situation anyhow). I think KR could do better when just concentrating on the first team activities (to start with) but I don't control the button, nor does the opinion of this forum or other fans.

Don’t believe all that working really hard bull crap! Driving all over the place looking for players. I would work really hard for the club if I was managing, but it wouldn’t make me any good!
Our club is a total mess on and off the pitch. In all areas:
Stadium situation, recruitment, financial, fan engagement and worst of all management.
Actually I want Robinson to stay until the end of the season because I have absolutely no confidence in Tigger appointing the right manager or doing it quickly!

Something is rotten at our club..... once again!

KR said “I know what our problems are”. Well he doesn’t because any fool watching the last 10 games or more can tell we needed 2 full backs. Maybe also a Centre half.

I know a lot of rubbish gets posted on the OM comments section but someone’s said that Robinson’s record is 17 wins from 55 matches?! What a shocking statistic. In the cut throat world of football management he must wake up every morning pinching himself about how lucky he is.

Back
Top Bottom