Home Match Day Thread at last ,a Us team with a genuine winning chance?

Perhaps our U23s should be in the Checkatrade, think Swansea's are.

I missed the goal, but watched the second half and was impressed with what I saw. We’ve got some good young players. The centre backs look like real units and Rev James looks an exciting prospect. Slavi Spasov only made a cameo appearance but you can see there’s something special about him.

I missed the goal, but watched the second half and was impressed with what I saw. We’ve got some good young players. The centre backs look like real units and Rev James looks an exciting prospect. Slavi Spasov only made a cameo appearance but you can see there’s something special about him.

Owen James did well to get beyond his man and put the cross in. He isn't big but looks strong and hard to knock off the ball. Rev James is very powerful and all in all it was great to watch. I think are whole academy set up looks really impressive and i'm hoping we can bring more players through to the first team. I'd much rather we spent larger sums on a few quality transfers and supplemented that with good players coming through the U23's but I guess that takes time. Encouraging signs though.

Obviously the highlights are cut for their audience but is it a false impression based on our official match report (assuming that is in anyway accurate*)?

*I don't know as I wasn't there.

From what I saw when I watched on Swansea City tv our youngsters more than matched theirs. They looked a good settled side that worked hard for each other, every one of them putting a shift in and they played some good entertaining stuff. In fact you’d have thought it was our first team out there, oh hang on a minute......

Obviously the highlights are cut for their audience but is it a false impression based on our official match report (assuming that is in anyway accurate*)?

*I don't know as I wasn't there.

We were the better team although they had a good spell of pressure and carved out a couple of good opportunities. It was an impressive display and to my mind, the best team won.

I see from the reports that we quite often have triallists playing and it sounds as though - not for the first time - one possibly did quite well last night, but we then hear nothing more about any of them being signed. If the club did want to offer a player a contract are the under23s subject to the same rules regarding transfer windows as the senior squad? I assume they are as there’s nothing to stop them playing in the first team.

Last edited:
I see from the reports that we quite often have triallists playing and it sounds as though - not for the first time - one possibly did quite well last night, but we then hear nothing more about any of them being signed. If the club did want to offer a player a contract are the under23s subject to the same rules regarding transfer windows as the senior squad? I assume they are as there’s nothing to stop them playing in the first team.
They may be registered at other clubs and so can't move until the January window. In that case they wouldn't be eligible for the first team.
Plus they may be being trialled for the U23s specifically.

Back
Top Bottom