Aston Villa 2 Oxford Utd 2 Milk Cup Semi-Final 1st leg 1986

The only thing I remember is that the floodlights were A V F C.

Impressed me, that did.

The only thing I remember is that the floodlights were A V F C.

Impressed me, that did.
You'll love a day nighter at Edgbaston then... Must be a Birmingham thing with floodlights.

Right, OK. I went there on a coach from the Swan in Cowley, with my brother and his 8 or 9 mates. Everyone except me got rat-arsed. At the ground, the police frogmarched the United fans behind the goal. But us 10 decided to sit in the stand on the left, so we sneaked past the police. My brother was talking to some other mates and missed us sneaking away. By the time he saw us, the cops had told him to go behing the goal. He pleaded with the copper, who eventuall arrested him. It went to court in Birmingham somewhere, some time afterwards. The charge was something like, but I cant remember exactly: 'Inciting a riot!'. At court, he was found to be not guilty. I hated the police after that. Whilst us 9 were in the stand, the Villa fans tried to attack us, but we stood our ground, until we were totally outnumbered and the police told us to go with the Oxford fans. We all were applauded by the Oxford fans as we marched to where they were. The good old days, a? BTW I don't hate the police now.

Yep I can remember thinking what the hell are they doing sat there! - was a great night drove up from Bristol (was at college) very impressed by the Holte end and we took a lot of fans that night absolutely superb

Back
Top Bottom