Ask Tiger

Hi Foley,

I'm suggesting both!

Oh, and I think we need more than 6 to stay up, oh for a little bit of consistency..

I agree with almost all of the rest of what you say.
But 6 wins and 4 draws (8 defeats) will give us 52 points. 50 may well be enough (50 would have kept us up lady year despite some suggesting we may have needed 54+)
I agree that we are horribly inconsistent but pulling a win off like in the last league game suggests that we should be able to get the 6 wins plus a few draws.
Having another striker wouldn't half make it easier (so long as they work out which is always a risk)

I agree with almost all of the rest of what you say.
But 6 wins and 4 draws (8 defeats) will give us 52 points. 50 may well be enough (50 would have kept us up lady year despite some suggesting we may have needed 54+)
I agree that we are horribly inconsistent but pulling a win off like in the last league game suggests that we should be able to get the 6 wins plus a few draws.
Having another striker wouldn't half make it easier (so long as they work out which is always a risk)
I do hope that you're right, but when we've only managed 7 wins from 28 so far, getting 6 from our final 18 is certainly ambitious. We've also only managed 5 points from our last 6 league games. Unfortunately, I set more stock by the longer term trend than a solo result. Whilst the win against Pompey suggests that we *can* beat anyone, it's not clear that we *will*!

I'd imagine that supporters of all the other teams down there with us are also wondering where the hell they're going to get 6 or 7 wins from. But a few of those teams are going to get them, otherwise we wouldn't need 50 points or so to stay up. Why can't it be us? I don't think we're any more s**t than the rest of the teams around us.

I'd imagine that supporters of all the other teams down there with us are also wondering where the hell they're going to get 6 or 7 wins from. But a few of those teams are going to get them, otherwise we wouldn't need 50 points or so to stay up. Why can't it be us? I don't think we're any more s**t than the rest of the teams around us.
No reason it can't be us. Last season, three of the bottom four on today's date went down, and the previous year it was two of them. So, yes, we could scrap our way out of it like Rochdale did last year. I'd be feeling more confident if we could put together a run like Plymouth have been on since the turn of the year though!

And me. My level of trust in Kassam ever doing anything to benefit OUFC - unless it benefits him at least as much - is as low as it could be, My level of trust in Tiger doing the same is around 2/10, but dropping ....

There are a small minority of posters who are reluctant to ever voice a view that might be perceived as negative towards OUFC. I understand that, and loyalty is always to be admired, but OxVox and the fans in general need to keep pressure on the board for answers to sensible questions, and particularly a sense of what the board's longer term plan is and how they intend to get there.

Investment in a training ground? Great. Developing players to sell on? Great. But what if we don't develop the right players, and enough of them?We need commitment in terms of ££££ invested to buy much needed players, ensure ALL our bills are paid on time and give us a sense of security that simply doesn't exist right now.

May be Tiger was sent by Kassam!

I admire your loyalty Mick, if not your consistency. You've recently been critical of OxVox's apparent lack of openness, yet when their lack of openness in relation to the takeover is flagged up, that's just me "trying to blame someone"....

As for "apart from the Reading situation", are you serious?! Imagine if Kassam took over another club, and their fans were raising what he did to us, could that be dismissed as "apart from the Oxford situation"? And it was more than just the Reading "situation". I flagged a number of individuals Tiger was closely aligned with, and some people tried to shout me down because there was no evidence that they may be involved this time around. Yet, all the time OxVox knew that these people were involved and said precisely nothing.

I'm also glad that NM did mention the meetings with OxVox. Particularly at times like this, there is absolutely no place for undocumented meetings between the supporters' trust and club officials, and I was pleased to see OxVox's report of that meeting sent out this weekend.
I take as I find at the time.
What would be the issues with FK the club owner, that might raise concerns to other fans?
You did raise concerns about these people being crooks etc, if that's true or not has had no effect on where we are today as I can see, you flagged these people up and most ignored you, so what happens next?

Be honest, whether theses concerns were raised about Tiger or not there is no Fans group going to sway DE's decision to sell to Tiger.
Look at Arsenal they got tens of thousands in their fans group but did diddly squat to influence when it came to ownership wranglings.

In my opinion Tiger thought he could pick us up cheap and deal with Kassam, tart us up on minimal investment and sell us on.
Unfortunately he got a swift rebuke from Kassam (loved to be a fly on the wall when Tiger/NM rocked up) did not Kassam mention they have not got a clue?
So then it looks like Tiger went out to his mates and looks to be sniffing out a land deal, where he seems to have timed it right as the Kassam stadium is ripe for housing development, and by all accounts the council are receptive or so we are told..

So I know I keep harping on about Thohir but that is only because he seems to have form in running a football club and has a few quid, yes he is a businessman but he has history that looks reasonable to pull off a new stadium. Yes it could be out of the frying pan into the fire but what we got to lose?

Although, Thohir needs to show his hand soon to make that last sentence stack up!

Be honest, whether theses concerns were raised about Tiger or not there is no Fans group going to sway DE's decision to sell to Tiger.
Well, quite. DE was always going to sell to whichever party made the best deal for him. But that alone doesn't justify the silence of a supporters' trust, particularly when there are such concerns about a potential owner. At the end of the day, this is the whole raison d'etre for a trust.

Maybe, just maybe, with appropriate public questioning, Tiger may have thought "Hmmm, I don't fancy this". Or maybe he would have thought "OK, I'll crack on, but I know I've got to get this right because I'm being watched". Or maybe things would've gone to s**t anyway.

I just think that the silence was inappropriate when a) what we did know (publicly) was very concerning; b) what wasn't known (such as a coherent plan) was equally concerning; and c) the known (by OxVox) involvement of certain other parties underlined the concerns. I know many don't agree with me on this, but at least I've been consistent!

What would be the issues with FK the club owner, that might raise concerns to other fans?
No, you're right. Cursory examination of FK as a club owner would absolutely recommend him to be backed by a supporters' trust at another club......... smfh

With SODC now receptive to building on the green belt land on the other side of Grenoble Road and the publishing of plans for the "South Oxford Science Village" which gushes over the "superb leisure facilities within walking distance of the site, including the Vue cinema, Kassam Stadium, and Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre", I'd have said that the possible development of the stadium site for housing is probably at an all time low.

No reason it can't be us. Last season, three of the bottom four on today's date went down, and the previous year it was two of them. So, yes, we could scrap our way out of it like Rochdale did last year. I'd be feeling more confident if we could put together a run like Plymouth have been on since the turn of the year though!
Mmm not sure that Rochdale are the comparison. Myles.at this stage last season from memory they were around 8 points from safety.
They had a fantastic run to stay up.
At the moment we are a point off being put of the bottom 4.

I do hope that you're right, but when we've only managed 7 wins from 28 so far, getting 6 from our final 18 is certainly ambitious. We've also only managed 5 points from our last 6 league games. Unfortunately, I set more stock by the longer term trend than a solo result. Whilst the win against Pompey suggests that we *can* beat anyone, it's not clear that we *will*!
Fair point. But we had 5 points in the first 11 games. Which was an absolutely disastrous start. To get where we are we have taken 25 points from.the past 17 games. That is some recovery albeit we have had what is hopefully a blip recently.

Mmm not sure that Rochdale are the comparison. Myles.at this stage last season from memory they were around 8 points from safety.
They had a fantastic run to stay up.
At the moment we are a point off being put of the bottom 4.
They were actually 11 points from safety (!) but they did have between 2 and 4 games in hand on the teams above them. No doubt that it was a great run from where they were though.

If we could go on a run like Rochdale's, we'd finish on 56 points and comfortably clear of the drop. I'd rather that than squeak out on the final day by one point like they did!

No, you're right. Cursory examination of FK as a club owner would absolutely recommend him to be backed by a supporters' trust at another club......... smfh
Is there a perfect club owner?
You have criticised both our recent owners on their arrival, IF SD did get involved would you criticise Santori if he was a backer?

Is there a perfect club owner?
You have criticised both our recent owners on their arrival, IF SD did get involved would you criticise Santori if he was a backer?

I think the Leicester owner goes down as one of the best. And would probably have had exactly the same associates as tiger. Including Shinawatra. But he can be judged a good owner on what he achieved . It’s very easy in hindsight to judge people as it’s only then u have all their intentions and actions laid out before you. Have we ever had a perfect owner ? One that didn’t have some warning signs, or questions about their intentions ? Who acted fully in the best interests of the club.

4 in the last two though, so that’s promotion form. Over the last 16 games we are 9th in the league averaging 1.5 points a game with 24 in total if you want a longer trend. Of course in the only table that matters we are down among the dead men, but that’s mostly because of that truly awful start, even the bad Xmas results can’t hide that we have improved (although it would of been hard not to we were so bad).

If (big if) we can get a decent forward in the next few days I think we can stay up, maybe and probably necessarily a game or two early, that’s not to hide that it’s been a bad season and it will be a worrying summer after the last two disasters but I am quietly confident we will be in league one next season, after that god knows though.

Back
Top Bottom