Ask Tiger

Radio Oxford should allow a member of OX Vox to help filter the questions. As mentioned before, there's only one I want answered and I doubt that'll happen any time before Tiger sells up or we go bust

Sorry I'm cynical about this. There will be questions ignored and answers fudged.

sadly I think youre right on both counts, the emphasis of any question posed could be totally watered down when interpreted and posed by a third party, who is also a radio presenter first and foremost.... though the 5 min slot, (which is sizable in comparison to, for example, the minimal coverage of the mighty u's, in terms of footage shown, on both bbc south and itv meridian 'local' magazine type evening programmes,- average 90 secs, if were lucky!), the 5 min 'Ask Tiger' slot is in response to supporters asking the club for better communication from those who should be able to provide answers

I don't want a 5 min staged stunt, I want real answers to our concerns about what the boards short, medium and long term plans are?

Last edited:
I'm inclined to think it's a stunt, and one that could backfire if our results and league position don't improve over the next few weeks.

What ever it is, it's an improvement on the current communication we get from the club's top table.
I'll also wait and see what questions get asked and the answers given before passing judgement on whether it is just a tick box exercise.

I would certainly hold fire on moaning about more communication from the club considering that's what we've all been asking for. I just hope that 1 of the things that comes from it is that our MD assures us enough that he is doing enough to warrant a wage because right now he isn't IMO.

The conspiratorial side of me wonders if the club are going to announce stuff soon that they hope will sweep the recent fumbles under the carpet, so doing this is a lot easier than recent time.

What ever it is, it's an improvement on the current communication we get from the club's top table.
I'll also wait and see what questions get asked and the answers given before passing judgement on whether it is just a tick box exercise.

I would certainly hold fire on moaning about more communication from the club considering that's what we've all been asking for. I just hope that 1 of the things that comes from it is that our MD assures us enough that he is doing enough to warrant a wage because right now he isn't IMO.

And hiding away in the Ox city clubhouse when other reps of Ox Utd were taking questions on Wednesday night wasn’t overly impressive either. Also for me, having known him around oxford for years, he doesn’t look a well man. Maybe the stresses of the job are taking its toll. I hope not as he’s a very good bloke and has done some very good work in the educational set up’s in Oxford.

The conspiratorial side of me wonders if the club are going to announce stuff soon that they hope will sweep the recent fumbles under the carpet, so doing this is a lot easier than recent time.
This is what I'm thinking too. They must have some good news to start the communications process.

first 'Ask Tiger' is in 6 days time... the announcement says about fans submitting questions (during sport 'programmes'- I think thats what was said?) in the days before the mystical 5 min Q&A tucked into a non-specified slot during 'drive time' on thurs. Which sports programmes in the days before? tomorrows matchday? \Selfies tuesday night sport show? are there any other 'sport programmes' on radox?

If Tiger has genuinely decided to communicate with fans, he should start by answering the questions that OxVox have asked in today’s email. If he maintains silence (as I fully expect him to), it will reinforce my view that the proposed 5-minute radio slots are most probably nothing more than a stunt and charade.

first 'Ask Tiger' is in 6 days time... the announcement says about fans submitting questions (during sport 'programmes'- I think thats what was said?) in the days before the mystical 5 min Q&A tucked into a non-specified slot during 'drive time' on thurs. Which sports programmes in the days before? tomorrows matchday? \Selfies tuesday night sport show? are there any other 'sport programmes' on radox?

I bet they get replayed on matchdays as well as part the normal matchday programme.

Back
Top Bottom