Ex Player Ashley Barnes.

He's done fantastically.
Jordan Rhodes looked a better prospect when the 2 were at Oxford but Barnes has made every bit of his ability.

I think over the years you see players who amazingly gifted but don't have the application to succeed (not putting Jordan Rhodes in that category!) and others who maybe have a little less 'natural talent' but their desire and attitude more than makes up the difference. Not only that but they have longer and more successful careers in many cases because managers know they can be relied on! You might want one (or maybe two) 'mercurial talents' in your side, but you wouldn't want eleven of them!

I'd completely forgotten that he had been with us (albeit for about 5 minutes), but now I'm re-aware then he's straight into my Fantasy football team for the season......(and wont be as potentially costly as our two Sheff Utd 'defenders' Baldock and Lundstrom).

Remember his debut against Kidderminster, him and Green scored and a certain Beano got sent off.

Was a completely nondescript player, fantastic the career hes had.

He's done fantastically.
Jordan Rhodes looked a better prospect when the 2 were at Oxford but Barnes has made every bit of his ability.

To be fair, Jordan Rhodes has scored 210 goals in his career (plus 3 for Scotland), so more than twice as many as Barnes!

He's just, for whatever reason, never been given a serious shot at the Premier League.

The absolute best thing about Ashley Barnes is that he’s been capped by Austria (at youth level). Wonderfully bizarre.

To be fair, Jordan Rhodes has scored 210 goals in his career (plus 3 for Scotland), so more than twice as many as Barnes!

He's just, for whatever reason, never been given a serious shot at the Premier League.
"To be fair, Jordan Rhodes has scored 210 goals in his career (plus 3 for Scotland), so more than twice as many as Barnes! "

PL Goals (after scoring at the Emirates today) Barnes 35 Rhodes 0.

Saying Rhodes has scored twice as many goals as Barnes,is like saying James Constable scored more goals for Oxford than John Aldridge.

Both statements true,but far from telling the whole story.

Back
Top Bottom