Argentina 2018 World Cup Squad

That being said - their midfielders are an ageing show pony (Di Maria), a mediocre West Ham midfielder that likely wouldn't get into the England squad (Lanzini), a couple of journeymen who play for mediocre teams in La Liga/Seria A (Biglia, Banega), a couple of youngsters (Lo Celso, Pavon) and a couple of nobodies (Salvio, Meza).

All the best strikers in the world aren't going to save you if you get overrun in the middle of the park.

They may be better than England, but I don't think they've enough there to be serious threats for the tournament, unless Messi plays out of his mind even for him.

That being said - their midfielders are an ageing show pony (Di Maria), a mediocre West Ham midfielder that likely wouldn't get into the England squad (Lanzini), a couple of journeymen who play for mediocre teams in La Liga/Seria A (Biglia, Banega), a couple of youngsters (Lo Celso, Pavon) and a couple of nobodies (Salvio, Meza).

All the best strikers in the world aren't going to save you if you get overrun in the middle of the park.

They may be better than England, but I don't think they've enough there to be serious threats for the tournament, unless Messi plays out of his mind even for him.

Agree with that. Quite a lopsided squad.

Is there anybody except for Germany, France, Belgium, Brazil and at a push Uruguay who have a chance to win it? I reckon Argentina have no chance.

Actually if I was going to make shock predictions - it would be that Argentina go out in the Group Stages.

They play Iceland, Croatia & Nigeria, none of whom will be pushovers, and all of whom are capable of beating the Argies on their day.

Only team with a tougher group is Germany (but they won't got out in the group stages, because they're German and they never do)

Agree with that. Quite a lopsided squad.

Is there anybody except for Germany, France, Belgium, Brazil and at a push Uruguay who have a chance to win it? I reckon Argentina have no chance.

Just add Spain (who beat Argentina 6-1) and that’s the list.

I don't agree with the Lanzini comment mate.

Back
Top Bottom