Are you proud of where you live?

Both! f*****g hell.
those who freelance for Scootering magazine would agree about Horncastle
...or as those of us who contribute to Scootering refer to it horn-cast hell

I was invited up to the editorial office shortly after MMG bought Scootering.
everything bar traffic lights was switched off at 11pm !

update re Hobbits in W SM ( which is reminiscent of the bar in the Star Wars (a new hope) film!!!)
its rebranded by changing its name to Decades.... but is still full of cider fuelled cougars along with a rancid collection of other motley ner-do-wells

Are we still talking about how proud we are, where we live?

They say you become what you eat. I've been living here since 2005 and although I still have my 'carrot-crunching' Oxford accent, I have started silly little imitation London mannerisms. For instance; I've been going: 'apple and stairs', 'dog and bone' and 'leave it ahhhtt mate!'. I still call people 'my duck' and have to explain its just a friendly greeting and that Im NOT gay (my boyfriend is though). Everyone round here cannot pronounce the letter 'R' pwoperly (seems to be the London way). My lot in Oxford now class me as some sort of bloody foreigner, 'cos I live nearer to London than them.

Are we still talking about how proud we are, where we live?

They say you become what you eat. I've been living here since 2005 and although I still have my 'carrot-crunching' Oxford accent, I have started silly little imitation London mannerisms. For instance; I've been going: 'apple and stairs', 'dog and bone' and 'leave it ahhhtt mate!'. I still call people 'my duck' and have to explain its just a friendly greeting and that Im NOT gay (my boyfriend is though). Everyone round here cannot pronounce the letter 'R' pwoperly (seems to be the London way). My lot in Oxford now class me as some sort of bloody foreigner, 'cos I live nearer to London than them.
Are you bi though?

My name is Cudd...........it rhymes with Stud.............I've got Five kids............enough said!

Grew up in Sonning Common (deepest darkest South Oxfordshire - just! Look it up on a map). Lovely village to grow up. Very close to Reading hence my dislike of RFC more than Swindon as noted on previous threads on a few occasions!
Lived in Emmer Green in North Berkshire for a number of years and wanted to move out to country and chose Wallingford as live the town and surrounding area. Great place to live and far more Oxford than Reading walking around the town!

Sounds like im one of the few who can walk to the ground! Not sure I’m proud of it as such but Oxford has many great characteristics despite its obvious problems.

Sounds like im one of the few who can walk to the ground! Not sure I’m proud of it as such but Oxford has many great characteristics despite its obvious problems.
To be fair just about all of us could walk to the ground, it would just take some of us far longer to get there...

To be fair just about all of us could walk to the ground, it would just take some of us far longer to get there...
Being a headington lad, it was a shortish walk to the Manor ( shortish walk to cpf too)
.. ..these days with work commitments its a necessity to drive to games for me. Both Home and away

Abingdon for me. oldest market town (apparently) and one giant traffic jam. Never gave much thought to where I live but now thinking about it, it's a sh#thole. Derelict shopping centre, houses built on any spare bit of land and most of the decent pubs closed down

25 yrs in the South Northants area and then another 25 in North Oxon , we did have a very short spell in Middle Barton but we don’t talk about that .

Back
Top Bottom