Are You A Norman, Viking or Anglo-Saxon?

You are right Marked Ox. But the number of cases of such an occurance is small.

Anybody else interested in their family line, don't let that comment put you off delving back into your family line, it can be very interesting.

And Marked Ox, in my family I found a couple of naughties in my tree, including my grandad and grandma getting married only when she was 6 months pregnant. And yet she was a real snob.

Looking at your family tree is great. Did it myself and could trace it back down 1 branch to the 1700s as well as finding some interesting documents to read and some shenanigans.

The drawbacks on the genetics tests though are apparent but not considered by many I reckon. As well as what I've mentioned, I wouldn't want to give a US private corporation (or any other country) my genetics when you think of the data selling scandal with Facebook etc.

You are right Marked Ox. But the number of cases of such an occurance is small.

Anybody else interested in their family line, don't let that comment put you off delving back into your family line, it can be very interesting.

And Marked Ox, in my family I found a couple of naughties in my tree, including my grandad and grandma getting married only when she was 6 months pregnant. And yet she was a real snob.
I have found that to be quite common... seems like getting pregnant was the initiator for most marriages in my research.

Just thought I would throw this one in: Vikings did NOT have horns on their helmets. (I got that from that brilliant show called 'Horrible Histories') An awful lot of words (that are still used today) come from the Vikings and Anglo Saxons, by the way.

Just thought I would throw this one in: Vikings did NOT have horns on their helmets. (I got that from that brilliant show called 'Horrible Histories') An awful lot of words (that are still used today) come from the Vikings and Anglo Saxons, by the way.

Indeed, for example Ennerdale (A lake/Reservior in Cumbria) means The Valley of Juniper Trees (I do like to share useless info).

Back
Top Bottom