Are You A Norman, Viking or Anglo-Saxon?

You wanna watch it. I've got a dark side you know... ;)
You could've had a better comeback than that, Zero. Must people just refer to me as the C*nt. But its C*nts like me that make Pr*cks like them stand to attention. (I'm not calling you a pr*ck, I promise!)
You have a dark side? So has the moon.................and no f*cker has ever been there, either. :whistle:

Umm - yeah the moon having a dark side was sort of the point of me saying it!

So I think you get a great big WHOOOSH.

You could've had a better comeback than that, Zero. Must people just refer to me as the C*nt. But its C*nts like me that make Pr*cks like them stand to attention. (I'm not calling you a pr*ck, I promise!)
You have a dark side? So has the moon.................and no f*cker has ever been there, either. :whistle:

The Chinese sent their rover to check it out. He struggled to find a good rock to pee on.

Umm - yeah the moon having a dark side was sort of the point of me saying it!

So I think you get a great big WHOOOSH.
No whooosh, I'm afraid! I knew exactly what you meant by the 'dark side' I'm not a dumbo! Just because I thought Sheffield Wednesday was a bank holiday and Muffin The Mule was a sexual offence, does not make me whoooshable! So there!:D

I don't really think anyone else on the forum wants to read all the rubbish on this thread so I am now bowing out of it, to stop prolonging the agony....

..........And there we have it. Talking about your family's lineage is a rubbish subject. Don't bother about looking up your family tree, because it is a total load of B*****s. It is not interesting whatsoever, to find out if your lot are related to any Celts, Vikings, Normans or Anglo-Saxons. Just accept that you were born here, there, or anyfuckingwhere and get on with your life. I started this little thread because I thought it might be an eye-opener for people. I certainly am interested to think that I have Anglo-Saxon blood in me. Funny that, because I always thought I was a Scroton, from the planet Bollox. But if ZeroTheHero thinks this is a rubbish subject, then I bow to his greater intelligence and will sign off from this thread.

I'm quite proud to be a mix of African Carribbean and Anglo Saxon. I think Anglo Saxons have indirectly contributed more to this world than any other group of people, and without them we'd all still be savages.

(Waits for Makv to blow a head gasket)

I'm quite proud to be a mix of African Carribbean and Anglo Saxon. I think Anglo Saxons have indirectly contributed more to this world than any other group of people, and without them we'd all still be savages.

(Waits for Makv to blow a head gasket)

My gasket kind of fell off, in a very anticlimactic way. The gaskets of my proudly Afro-Norman-Saxon-Celt children are much more ready to blow.

map of modern Britain.... as perceived by northerners I believe? .....

51596683_10156327975132428_9072078163130974208_n.jpg

My gasket kind of fell off, in a very anticlimactic way. The gaskets of my proudly Afro-Norman-Saxon-Celt children are much more ready to blow.
I do enjoy your posts Makv :LOL: you remind me of someone called Flean who used to be on here. Good guy.

Talking of family histories.....................my great great great grandfather was, in today's terminology, a medium. He was told the exact month, week, day and time he would die. It was a judge who told him. He only stole a sheep, the bastard!

Was he planning to open the first kebab shop in Amersham?

I regret to say that according to my family tree on Mater's side I am descended of french stock. Why I couldn't be good anglo Saxon stock instead of poncy, white flag waving, sheep burning, snail munching, noncy speaking french I do not
know. At least our coat of arms is primarily yellow and blue.1284

I had an Ancestry.com 'analysis' done as a Christmas present in 2018.

The initial analysis was quite interesting: 56% Great Britain, 21% Europe West, 12% Ireland/Scotland/Wales, 11% 'other' including Scandinavian, African etc

My most recent analysis: 65% Great Britain, 35% Ireland/Scotland/Wales. And that's it.

Now I understand that these analyses change as more data is added, but my reaction changed from 'quite interesting' to 'this is a flawed process and not to be trusted'.

This process has also led to people finding out that they weren't the child of one, or both, of their parents. This has led to divorces when the mother's affair etc has come out and caused major family splits have happened. And it must be a really nasty way to find out you are adopted if you haven't been told.

You are right Marked Ox. But the number of cases of such an occurance is small.

Anybody else interested in their family line, don't let that comment put you off delving back into your family line, it can be very interesting.

And Marked Ox, in my family I found a couple of naughties in my tree, including my grandad and grandma getting married only when she was 6 months pregnant. And yet she was a real snob.

Back
Top Bottom