Fan's View Are we all United?

Should Karl Robinson remain as manager of Oxford United?

• He should stay.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • He should go.

Votes: 81 71.1%

• Total voters

Mellowyellow

Well here we go. Some were calling for it. Time to send Tiger a message about what the fan base think.

Interesting that there are still Robinson supporters. If the fan base can’t decide, how is Tiger supposed to make a decisive call on it..?

It's a weird one and has risks either way. I'll go with stay, and stay hopeful we get more performances like Portsmouth between now and season end.

Do I want KR here a day longer than is necessary? Do I think he is the man to keep us up and take us up?
No.

Do I think that anyone else would do better in this toxic sh*tstorm we are in right now? Do I think he is so in Tiger's pocket that he would be sacked?
Also probably no.

Do I want KR here a day longer than is necessary? Do I think he is the man to keep us up and take us up?
No.

Do I think that anyone else would do better in this toxic sh*tstorm we are in right now? Do I think he is so in Tiger's pocket that he would be sacked?
Also probably no.

With you on the first para. On the second I would make the question "do I think anyone would do worse?" Then, especially if KR's as consistent in what he says to the players as he is to the fans, the answer has to be No.

a tough one really. yes he’s underperforming but is that due to chairman issues. it won’t happen anyway but i would say no if it means faz taking charge again and yes if someone suitable. totally on the fence me

I’ve slipped into the go camp after the last two results. The games against Sunderland, Portsmouth, Barnsley and Fleetwood showed a lot of promise and I expected us to take that good feeling and positive play into the games against Accington and Peterborough. Instead, we’ve taken a massive step back.

That has to fall at KR’s door. Team selection was needlessly meddled with and deficiencies that cropped up against Peterborough were even more exposed against Accrington rather than dealt with. Stick to the handful of approaches we know that work.

I do have sympathy to some degree. I think he is working hard – too hard at times and shouldering far more than we know about or even with his verbal outpourings lets us know. The football he is trying to play is easy on the eye and his passion should never be questioned. At times I’ve found him refreshing, especially with the youth players and his commitment to the job in hand. At others, he’s a pain in the a**e, overpromises and underdelivers and team selections and recruitment choices that leave us all scratching our heads.

It’s senseless playing a system if the personnel aren’t there to deliver it (see the first half of 2014-15 under Appleton – tika-taka League 2 football with Hunt, Newey, Raynes etc was pointless) so you have to be adaptable. Ask yourself, ‘what do I have at my disposal? How can I 1) make them hard to beat 2) make them win matches?’ I know every manager has their approach, their ‘DNA’, but you have to be more of a chameleon. It’s a criticism I’d level at MApp too – it only worked with him when he was given a chequebook to bin a load of deadwood, including his own signings. KR doesn’t have that luxury to start over.

I think he’s too wedded to his ways to change and without new players we’re only going to continue on the same path we’ve seen all season. Occasional draws that look good, but defeats to the sides who are the Stevenage’s of League 1 – spoilers, time-wasters and canny operators who earn their hard-earned wins against Oxford.

I’ve mused a few times whether KR’s ways have become sussed out and lost their lustre. It does happen a lot in the lower leagues as some managers start their career well, grab a promotion and then see gradually diminishing returns with each job they have – Gary Waddock, Andy Scott, Dave Penney, Phil Brown, Mark Yates, even Graham Westley. Whatever made them special first time around has lost it’s gleam by the fourth or fifth club. I fear we have that with KR.

I’m astounded that Robinson is doing a lot better in this vote than the one before Christmas when our chances of staying up back then we’re stronger than they are now.

Genuine question to those voting for him to stay in charge. Do you think he’s a good manager working in difficult circumstances or are you just more worried about the potential alternative?

For me it’s go but it won’t happen. The improvement after the terrible start to the season is looking like a blip now rather than the other way around, with just one win in eleven are current run.

He is so tactically inflexible, has a fetish for signing midfielders at the expense of the rest of the team which has left us so unbalanced that we are going to have to get lucky to stay up in a very mundane league one.

Bowthaiger and his in the main invisible henchmen on the board are the biggest problem. They treat the supporters with contempt , mete out the mushroom treatment and add extra bullshit IMO.

If KR was to go 'now' who else feasibly could take up the reigns and avoid relegation this season?
A heavy root n branch pruning is required in the first team coaching set up in the close season I reckon, no
question its a must, for now albeit reluctantly, we are going to have KR as head coach until at least the end of the season, I sincerely hope there are 4 teams worse than we are come the end of the season

Last edited:
No.

Also probably no.

Agree 1st statement..

Yes I believe someone could, s**t storm or not someone will come, breath of fresh air for the team new ideas etc.
As we are frequently reminded in the media etc, footballers are professional they are paid (regularly)

Interesting that there are still Robinson supporters. If the fan base can’t decide, how is Tiger supposed to make a decisive call on it..?
Tiger will know (or should know) who he will bring in as a replacement so is much easier for him to decide. Given we have been bottom four most of the season it would of been sensible of him to have a plan should he need to push the button. We do not have time to go through an interview process, he needs his new man lined up for the day he fires robbo.

Agree 1st statement..

Yes I believe someone could, s**t storm or not someone will come, breath of fresh air for the team new ideas etc.
As we are frequently reminded in the media etc, footballers are professional they are paid (regularly)

OK, let me rephrase...am I confident that ST is competent enough to find a better replacement? Do I think that any available, top manager with half a brain would want to come here?
No.

a tough one really. yes he’s underperforming but is that due to chairman issues. it won’t happen anyway but i would say no if it means faz taking charge again and yes if someone suitable. totally on the fence me

Derry is more likely than Faz, no?

Tiger will know (or should know) who he will bring in as a replacement so is much easier for him to decide. Given we have been bottom four most of the season it would of been sensible of him to have a plan should he need to push the button. We do not have time to go through an interview process, he needs his new man lined up for the day he fires robbo.
sadly I cant see our owner having anything hidden in his smoke and mirrors that even resembles a plan

OK, let me rephrase...am I confident that ST is competent enough to find a better replacement? Do I think that any available, top manager with half a brain would want to come here?
No.

Probably not, but I would assume he would seek guidance, note assume!
Well there is a question, depends if this half a brain manager is sat at home twiddling his thumbs and says fuckit let me give it a go and and I might get scouted.. Who's out there at the moment?

Not MAPP as he likes 4 sides to a stadium and even though out of a job has in his opinion higher standards, but there is an example of a half a brain that wanted to get back on the bike!

He did quite well when he put himself in the shop window..

I really don’t know.

I’ve been critical of our striker recruitment all season, the knock on affect has left our squad unbalanced. Unlucky with injuries? Perhaps but all managers have to deal with injuries and suspensions. As a squad of players they are definitely underperforming.

I will temper that with the crap that has been going on off the field. It can’t be easy trying not to get distracted.

Thanakarnjanasuth could sack KR but I have absolutely no faith in the owner conducting a thorough appointment process which would need some haste with matches running out.

That leaves the existing coaches at the club to step up. Would that improve results? It’s a gamble either way.

Back
Top Bottom