Fan's View Are we all United?

Should Karl Robinson remain as manager of Oxford United?

• He should stay.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • He should go.

Votes: 81 71.1%

• Total voters
Sorry I’ve picked this up from FB that the player mentioned was the one who spoke but I believe on FB was bullshit not sure about this one

I think unfortunately KR is taking too much on at the club and unfortunately it is affecting things. Every interview he gives he looks battered. Clubs that keep changing managers get relegated, I think now it is too late this season as the bounce effect with a new manager is a myth most of the time look at Bradford or Wimbledon.

As far as Robinson is concerned I believe the structural problems with the haphazard way the club is being run are a major factor in this season's failure. The observation is that Robinson is good manager! He's managed at Mk dons and Charlton, big clubs at this level and been reasonably successful at Mk. My feelings are that getting rid of robbo won't make our off field issues go away.

For me we need to stay united for the sake of the team. I also believe that good things will happen in time and monies are tied up elsewhere. I know it’s hard to believe but I generally do believe this and also feel Robinson ( if he gets in a DOF or a GM ) will be a success on the pitch. One thing that can’t and should be questioned is his passion and commitment. If you ever see him or spend time with him away from the ground or match day you’ll see how gutted he is by all this and also how passionate he is to to turn it around.

He is one of the main people behind the restructuring of the club and is a massive believer in the youth side of things. Don’t confuse his appearances at youth games as showing his face purely to be noticed. His knowledge of the youngsters is impressive and he has plans for them.

For example, I’ve heard him speak about Elachi and Niko Jones. Both who have come in from Manchester and London clubs respectively and also are being helped ( by the club ) get away from a difficult upbringings in troubled areas.

Robinson has also identified areas of the youth lads games which Chris and Leon are focussing on in an attempt to get the young lads ready for 23’s and ultimately the first team.

One example they are trying to get into Elachi the defensive side of the game and also his reading and understanding of the game defensively as going forward and as an athlete, he has such potential.

Naturally we are all rightly judging KR and the club by results on the pitch and KR will be the first to say that’s fair But like I said at the top, I personally believe decent things will happen under the present setup. We just need to battle through the next few weeks and stay up then completely reevaluate come the summer.

good post and totally agree. think a lot of fans want instant success on the pitch but things take time to build and get right. There are signs of encouragement especially with the academy and u23s and will be of huge benefit to the club. If ST could just communicate a bit better and give supporters a bit of hope and reassurance especially with the finances then maybe more would have less worries

For me we need to stay united for the sake of the team. I also believe that good things will happen in time and monies are tied up elsewhere. I know it’s hard to believe but I generally do believe this and also feel Robinson ( if he gets in a DOF or a GM ) will be a success on the pitch. One thing that can’t and should be questioned is his passion and commitment. If you ever see him or spend time with him away from the ground or match day you’ll see how gutted he is by all this and also how passionate he is to to turn it around.

He is one of the main people behind the restructuring of the club and is a massive believer in the youth side of things. Don’t confuse his appearances at youth games as showing his face purely to be noticed. His knowledge of the youngsters is impressive and he has plans for them.

For example, I’ve heard him speak about Elachi and Niko Jones. Both who have come in from Manchester and London clubs respectively and also are being helped ( by the club ) get away from a difficult upbringings in troubled areas.

Robinson has also identified areas of the youth lads games which Chris and Leon are focussing on in an attempt to get the young lads ready for 23’s and ultimately the first team.

One example they are trying to get into Elachi the defensive side of the game and also his reading and understanding of the game defensively as going forward and as an athlete, he has such potential.

Naturally we are all rightly judging KR and the club by results on the pitch and KR will be the first to say that’s fair But like I said at the top, I personally believe decent things will happen under the present setup. We just need to battle through the next few weeks and stay up then completely reevaluate come the summer.
Thanks for that, a very similar view to Nathan Cooper. The lack of clear information and plans from the club make it very difficult to be positive, I'm still feeling very negative towards the regeme at the moment. KR seems to be being asked to do too much, we need a manager to concentrate on the team in any circumstances let alone the ones we find ourselves in now.

Back
Top Bottom