Are STFC fans more passionate the us?

Ox4Eva

Had an interesting chat with a scummer the other day, he was adament that they were more committed to their team than most U's fan are and his reason was that every U's fan he knows also supports a plastic premiershit team. But most of his scummer mates only supported them.

I told him he was talking shite as I for one personally detest the plastic premiershit, and we have a core of 5 or 6 thousand who are committed to the U's cause!

Does he have a point?

Had an interesting chat with a scummer the other day, he was adament that they were more committed to their team than most U's fan are and his reason was that every U's fan he knows also supports a plastic premiershit team. But most of his scummer mates only supported them.

I told him he was talking shite as I for one personally detest the plastic premiershit, and we have a core of 5 or 6 thousand who are committed to the U's cause!

Does he have a point?
Why are you chatting to him anyway ? Have some self respect man and wash your mouth out ?

poor fella got confused with Reading, he might also want to wonder where their fans are when they play us at ours as they never come to Oxford , perhaps they went to a premiershi*e game or stayed on the buses :)

I also met a Sunderland fan after the game with pretty much the same view. I think Sunderland fans are the ultimate "small man syndrome" fans - desperate to show they are still a big club. Incensed by the fact that they had to play a team like us.

Makes it even funnier that we are becoming a bogey team for them.

I also met a Sunderland fan after the game with pretty much the same view. I think Sunderland fans are the ultimate "small man syndrome" fans - desperate to show they are still a big club. Incensed by the fact that they had to play a team like us.

Makes it even funnier that we are becoming a bogey team for them.

Can perpetually drawing with a team make them a bogey side?

Does he have a point?
Hope you told him you'd never dream of supporting a second team on the side!

They are a League One team, who had the biggest budget last year and finished 5th.
I hope they screw up again this year. It’ll be good for all other sides in the league.

Just look at the difference in away followings to see who Is more passionate. 1100 Oxford fans to Sunderland. No official figure but I'd be surprised if they took even half of that amount Scunthorpe.

Does he have a point?

I'm guessing that his point is more valid by the fact that you have a Rangers badge as your avatar!

We all start as football fans, and therefore there is nothing wrong with having an interest in other leagues or other teams. But I haven't met many Oxford fans who openly support other teams. Why would you? It's like being married twice! We get enough stress and depression from one team, let alone two!!!

No and he is wrong about the Swindon fans as well. Those I know also supported premiershit or Championship teams.

woman at work asked me who my proper team is when asked who i support!!! thought i only had interest in oxford cos i live nearby and didn’t get why i don’t follow a premiersh#t team

I'm guessing that his point is more valid by the fact that you have a Rangers badge as your avatar!

We all start as football fans, and therefore there is nothing wrong with having an interest in other leagues or other teams. But I haven't met many Oxford fans who openly support other teams. Why would you? It's like being married twice! We get enough stress and depression from one team, let alone two!!!

Not an English team, I have followed them since I was a child through my family, if you read my post I told him he was talking shite, but I thought it was a point worth raising..

Not an English team, I have followed them since I was a child through my family, if you read my post I told him he was talking shite, but I thought it was a point worth raising..

I don't have an issue with anyone following anyone to be honest! Some people will support other teams but will hold a soft spot for Oxford because they're local etc. It's some of these people that boost our numbers on Boxing day or going to Wembley etc. I don't knock them as long as they don't wear other colours to our games and give support for 90 mins etc.

Back
Top Bottom