General Anyone know anything about this ?

Well it's got 'Let's pretend we've scored a goal' on there, so I might have to go for it ?

SmartSelect_20201028-205020_Chrome.jpg

• React
Reactions: UTM
For my first and only derby game in the London Road (0-2 loss in our final season at the Manor) it was definitely “sit down if you hate Swindon”.

Pretty sure the game was either paused for a few minutes or there were suggestions of it being paused over the tannoy due to people throwing coins. Think it was also at the time of foot and mouth when there were a few chants of “you’ve got foot and mouth”.

Dont think chapman played for us when we were at the manor did he?

Some missing classics.

Maurice put the kettle on
Knees up mother brown
Horton out
Do i not like that
Yellow submarine
Get the mascot off the pitch
Yippiio yippiyiay....
Oh billy billy
Yellow ribbon

Possibly sung after the slightly awkward moment when they threw half of the away end into the penalty area!!

Match of the Day camera crew almost abandoned ship IIRC? Think it was just a scaffolding tower before the "control" box thing was built in there.

Match of the Day camera crew almost abandoned ship IIRC? Think it was just a scaffolding tower before the "control" box thing was built in there.
Ah, rember that game well. Oxford 5 Leeds 2. They were 2-0 up just before half time. Lorimer sent off in the second half then it all kicked off...

It's on YouTube if you want to watch the fun...

Dont think chapman played for us when we were at the manor did he?

Some missing classics.

Maurice put the kettle on
Knees up mother brown
Horton out
Do i not like that
Yellow submarine
Get the mascot off the pitch
Yippiio yippiyiay....
Oh billy billy
Yellow ribbon
also missing .... 'My old man' ( both versions!)

and, the incessant, non-stop, unrelenting ' Come on Oxford (clap, clap) , Come on Oxford (clap,clap) ....'

Last edited:
I can remember several that would not be acceptable in todays society............................ :ROFLMAO:

Possibly sung after the slightly awkward moment when they threw half of the away end into the penalty area!!
I don’t think these songs are that far back , I’m a old lad so memories are poor .
it seems to me from the 1990s , so I would say these games ?

106’s Barmy army.. for Smilier the steward at the london rd.

Tellytubbie to the overweight St. John’s ambulance lady..

The Phil Whitehead song where everyone did a posh voice to sing one Phillip Whitehead..
Oh , I had forgot that... very mean!? again that was the 1990s ?

Another mean song IMO was “Does your mother know you’re here” to the police officer (mid 1970s?) who looked about 14 and who’d never had a shave. Fair dues he kept coming back!

My favourite (early 1970s):

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley
Have you heard of the lads from Highbury, Shanks said no [in faux Shanks accent] I don’t think so but I’ve heard of the Oxford aggro...

Why that should remain in my memory after 50 years, f*ck knows!

COYY!

The look on the Ref's face when stood near the halfway line and Steve Hardwick started talking to him.

Back
Top Bottom