ANY TICKETS FOR SALE FOR NEWCASTLE

"i wonder when Newcastle last took 60% of their away support to a game?"

Might have been the est 21,000 we took to Barcelona (twice), or the 15-16,000 we took to Anfield for a Friday night FA cup game, or maybe to 12-13,000 we took to Milan

Might have been the est 21,000 we took to Barcelona (twice), or the 15-16,000 we took to Anfield for a Friday night FA cup game, or maybe to 12-13,000 we took to Milan

Bloody long time ago then.

I think it meant 60% of average home attendance... Are you saying that when 13000 went to Milan, your average home attendance was about 24000? When 15k went to Annfield your average attendance was about 28k?

I can go back further. 14,000 at Ibrox in 1969, Fairs Cup Semi final, although I've got to say, that was a very scary night, the total crowd was 75,500!! mostly on terraces, all drunk and all with bottles to throw.

When we went to Anfield it was the FA cup third round and Keegan was a player, I would say the average crowd that season was about 28k. It was the second division and it was still at the time when being a football fan was the equivalent of having some form of social leprosy. so yeah , about 60%.

By the way your fans did you proud yesterday, well behaved in the pubs. They made themselves known but respected the locals. I always preferred the away support in the championship, you get proper fans who come for the day, mingle with the locals, have a laugh and a pint and enjoy it, not like Chelski, Man U, etc. They turn up big themselves up in the boozers and then wonder why they get a hiding!

Last edited:
Aye, those Bury fans can be frightening, more than a match for 61,000 drunken Glaswegians, high on whisky and Buckfast wine.:rolleyes:

Aye, those Bury fans can be frightening, more than a match for 61,000 drunken Glaswegians, high on whisky and Buckfast wine.:rolleyes:

yeah but how many did you take to Histon, Tonbridge, Salisbury and Forest Green in the conference? That’s the real measure of your appendage.

And thanks for the kind words about our fans. I’ve always felt the away fans in championship and league one are the best and most knowledgeable

Back
Top Bottom