Any freebies on offer?

Yellowblood

It is evident that we are missing something upfront. It got me thinking whether there were any free agents worth bringing in until the end of the season? Probably not as a long term solution, but to provide something a bit different and competition for places in the forward line.
I can't think of any English based players, as most would have given up at this point of the season or be too unfit to hit the ground running. However, there must be some recently released by Asian or MLS clubs?

Two names that immediately spring to mind are Tony Watt, formerly of Celtic, Blackburn and Charlton. Never set the world alight but he’s still fairly young at 24 and may be worth signing on till the end of the season. Also Dexter Blackstock doesn’t have a club, once again didn’t have a brilliant record but a local lad who might have the passion we need?

I think its lack of passion that has caused his lack of a club to be honest. Rotherham were very unhappy with him last year - said he was overpaid and lazy. Its a lovely idea but would coming here change that?

No idea how accurate or comprehensive it is (although it is German, therefore I would expect efficiency), but this site suggests a bunch of OOC English strikers:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiel...klasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

What that list shows to me, more than anything else, is how fragile a professional football career can be. Whole bunch of players in their early thirties who can't have imagined ten years ago that they'd already be out of work by now.

Kind of makes you more understanding of players being greedy rather than loyal when signing contracts. Gotta make hay while the sun shines......

The issue with free agents, is that they would unlikely be "match fit". They would need many weeks to regain their fitness, by which time the season would be virtually be over.

The issue with free agents, is that they would unlikely be "match fit". They would need many weeks to regain their fitness, by which time the season would be virtually be over.
That's a good point, but I daresay there are some players capable of doing a job while relatively short of match fitness. Just as there are some players who will never be any good, no matter how match fit they are. I'd like to think that [insert name here] would at least cast an eye over the list of free agents.

We are quite capable of staying up this season with the players we've got. We've got a huge squad as it is, many of whom will be on their way in June. No sense in bringing in any overweight, unfit free agents to add to the dross we already have.

No idea how accurate or comprehensive it is (although it is German, therefore I would expect efficiency), but this site suggests a bunch of OOC English strikers:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiel...klasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

What that list shows to me, more than anything else, is how fragile a professional football career can be. Whole bunch of players in their early thirties who can't have imagined ten years ago that they'd already be out of work by now.

Kind of makes you more understanding of players being greedy rather than loyal when signing contracts. Gotta make hay while the sun shines......
I see Deane Smalley is on that list. No club since July 2016 and has a "market value" of £75k!! On that basis my granny's worth £50K.

Not a freebie yet but Ahmed Kashi is out of contract in the summer. Currently a Charlton CM, looks like KR tried to renew his contract but their takeover was preventing talks. Been linked to a return to Ligue 1, looks like he'd be a good buy

I see Deane Smalley is on that list. No club since July 2016 and has a "market value" of £75k!! On that basis my granny's worth £50K.

Unfortunately unless she’s got two caps for some obscure Tier 4 nation such as Vanuatu, the Cayman Islands or Wales - chances are we probably wouldn’t be interested.

Damn. Carlton Cole was in the Prem like two years ago no?

At this stage in the season it would be utterly pointless. Not only would the player need to find match fitness as mentioned before, but they'd also have to get used to the style the team plays in and, if coming from abroad, the pace and style of League One football. What we have at the moment is good enough to win us enough games.

Unfortunately unless she’s got two caps for some obscure Tier 4 nation such as Vanuatu, the Cayman Islands or Wales - chances are we probably wouldn’t be interested.
She signed for Cosmos All Stars a few years ago on a rolling eternal contract. Unlikely she'll be signing for OUFC anytime soon. Nor Deane hopefully.

Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us via E-mail: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Or +918929509036

You're too late, Tiger was skint last year!!!!

@Malc @SteMerritt @Eaststandboy

Back
Top Bottom