Anticipation Anxiety Distraction

Today is so much worse than the semis.

Partly it's because it's the final, and the Championship is so close we can taste it.

But partly because in the semis, we were facing a club in Portsmouth that has more resources than us, and a big fan base. It was clear that the two sides were incredibly evenly matched and the tie was basically a coin flip. I find it easy to be calm-ish for games like that. You win some, you lose some.

But Wycombe? Small club, minimal fans, employ a 16 stone striker, and a playing style that's based on hoofball and gamesmanship, and who were in free fall and never would have made the playoffs if not for Coivd. I don't want to lose a playoff final, period - but I especially don't want to lose to them.

Today is so much worse than the semis.

Partly it's because it's the final, and the Championship is so close we can taste it.

But partly because in the semis, we were facing a club in Portsmouth that has more resources than us, and a big fan base. It was clear that the two sides were incredibly evenly matched and the tie was basically a coin flip. I find it easy to be calm-ish for games like that. You win some, you lose some.

But Wycombe? Small club, minimal fans, employ a 16 stone striker, and a playing style that's based on hoofball and gamesmanship, and who were in free fall and never would have made the playoffs if not for Coivd. I don't want to lose a playoff final, period - but I especially don't want to lose to them.
Spot on.

Just take a deep breath and relax it’s only a game of football, well that didn’t work trying to distract myself so off to the toilet

Do sky sports actually show a football match as opposed to adverts?

Back
Top Bottom