Ex Player Anthony Forde

Didn't we have his lad Michael on our books a few years ago? Maybe that's a different Tony Ford(e)...

From what I've read about him - both in terms of his playing style, and his footballing pedigree (experienced at both Championship and League One level) - he sounds to be a similar sort of signing to James Henry a couple of years ago. Maybe not quite as many goals in him.

This is undoubtedly a good thing...…with a bunch of young lads, and transplants from Ireland and Scotland on our books, it's good to have a new signing who's been there/done that at this level. And is still only 25.

Only thing that seems a little odd is that it's very much a sideways move for him from Rotherham (where he rejected a new contract) to us. And he's Irish, so it's not as if geography has influenced it.

Maybe he hoped to join a Championship team but that opportunity didn't materialize?

Or maybe he just got tired of living in a dump like Rotherham, and wanted to move somewhere nicer...….

I think a free. His contract ran out.

He left Rotherham before the end of June so not sure if he's had any kind of pre-season. Like many players he's clearly kept his options open and decided at the last minute. Why he chose us, who knows? Maybe we could offer better wages than the likes of Pompey and Sunderland ?.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Free agent. Decided he wanted to play for us just today! Medical and terms agreed all in one day.
Yep. Robinson said he came for a look around but the agreement was that after us he was going to talk to 3 or 4 other clubs. Robinson said he left him after a chat and the next thing he knew was Forde came back into the room and said ‘I’m not going to bother speaking to the other clubs I want to be here’. To which Robinson said ‘Oh ok then. Great!’ ?

Yep. Robinson said he came for a look around but the agreement was that after us he was going to talk to 3 or 4 other clubs. Robinson said he left him after a chat and the next thing he knew was Forde came back into the room and said ‘I’m not going to bother speaking to the other clubs I want to be here’. To which Robinson said ‘Oh ok then. Great!’ ?
I bet KR nearly fainted after getting messed around by many other players so far this pre-season. I suppose a lot a players will be forced into decisions now with the season starting in the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom