Announcement today?

Ox4Eva

Today would be ideal to announce a new manager who could then take charge of the team from Monday onwards.

With the team knowing a new manager was in the stands I would hope some would feel they need to deliver some performances !

Today would be ideal to announce a new manager who could then take charge of the team from Monday onwards.

With the team knowing a new manager was in the stands I would hope some would feel they need to deliver some performances !

Or yesterday or the day before or even 6 weeks ago. Its a bloody shambles, for starters im not renewing 3 season tickets next season will now pick my matches from now on

Or yesterday or the day before or even 6 weeks ago. Its a bloody shambles, for starters im not renewing 3 season tickets next season will now pick my matches from now on

Oh dear...

It certainly would.

Hopefully 3 people with 'real' passion for OUFC can take those seats then!

Can understand Joshua. This farce will also filter down to the squad that runs out tomorrow & they must be thinking what the hell is going on? Tomorrow is probably a "must not lose" rather than a "must win" but with the current shambles going on in the background to get anything will be a miracle!

Understand this view point and I don’t think he should be criticised for it. We all have our own reasons for going/not going - it doesn’t make him any less of a fan in my view. Equally I understand people’s blind loyalty. I will continue going because when the ‘ups’ come back around (which they will eventually) it just makes them all the sweeter.

Can understand Joshua. This farce will also filter down to the squad that runs out tomorrow & they must be thinking what the hell is going on? Tomorrow is probably a "must not lose" rather than a "must win" but with the current shambles going on in the background to get anything will be a miracle!

‘A miracle’ ?

Sorry, that’s rubbish. We are playing AFC Wimbledon, not Blackburn.

I see us winning - we tonked them earlier in the season.

Irrespective of the super black hole caused by the takeover/ lack of manager.

Last edited:
It's a shame that Tiger doesn't seem to subscribe to the "Under Promise and Over Deliver" school of stakeholder management with regard to the appointment but there's still time for some news today

‘A miracle’ ?

Irrespective of the super back hole caused by the takeover/ lack of manager.

Didn’t we tonk Plymouth? I agree we should pick up a win tomorrow but we should have beaten a few of the bottom teams at the Kassam. Winning is not a given and the current situation is not helpful.

It's a shame that Tiger doesn't seem to subscribe to the "Under Promise and Over Deliver" school of stakeholder management with regard to the appointment but there's still time for some news today
Yes, another example of an owner of a business having the audacity to do things his way instead of immediately gratifying the customers.

Didn’t we tonk Plymouth? I agree we should pick up a win tomorrow but we should have beaten a few of the bottom teams at the Kassam. Winning is not a given and the current situation is not helpful.

But it won’t be a ‘miracle’ if we get a result will it?

Talk about over the top language.

You realise that it's precisely this kind of action that will probably alert Tiger to the need for immediate action, to save those 3 season tickets. Power to your elbow!

Totally agree. Appointing today could just be the difference for 3 points. New manager syndrome is common enough for it to be recognised by the NHS as a genuine condition!
Furthermore even though I was one of the be patient as opposed to the quick fix brigade I’m even starting to think enough is enough.

I’ll add it’s starting to look like we can’t afford or convince the ‘right’ man to take us on.

I’ll add it’s starting to look like we can’t afford or convince the ‘right’ man to take us on.
This is what I have been saying all along. Go down the leagues to find an up and coming manager who thinks Oxford United is a step UP in his career, not someone looking for a meal ticket.

This is what I have been saying all along. Go down the leagues to find an up and coming manager who thinks Oxford United is a step UP in his career, not someone looking for a meal ticket.
We know CB was all but in position when Tiger took over
We know after meeting Tiger CB had, as was his prerogative, CB had a change of mind and declined the offer as Tiger's philosophy differed from DE

Tiger it certainly appears wants not only his choice of manager/head coach, he also seems to be wanting a BIG name, perhaps to boost his (Tiger's) ego or perhaps to impress silent current backers or potential incoming investors.

My concern is after, the untried but highly rated by some, CB declined working for Tiger that the OUFC manager /head coach vacancy is being viewed as a poison chalice by potential fillers of that vacancy. And while Tiger is doing his best Frank Sinatra impersonation (as in doing it HIS way) , the unrest and uncertainty in the squad, confirmed by recent results (4 points from seven games- not to mention two cup competition capitulations, 'Harvey boycott trophy & Ox' senior cup) isnt doing OUFC any good whatsoever.

I hope Tiger appoints a manager/head coach capable of steadying the ship and building for promotion next season and soon, my concerns are mentioned above , and the biggest worry is it ends up in a relegation dogfight that Tiger's chosen one is incapable of avoiding. 7 weeks plus is far too long to be without a manager/head coach!!!!

‘A miracle’ ?

Irrespective of the super black hole caused by the takeover/ lack of manager.

I wish I had your confidence about the result Tim. I think it’ll be a hard game, but hopefully we’ll get a winning result.

We know CB was all but in position when Tiger took over
We know after meeting Tiger CB had, as was his prerogative, CB had a change of mind and declined the offer as Tiger's philosophy differed from DE

Tiger it certainly appears wants not only his choice of manager/head coach, he also seems to be wanting a BIG name, perhaps to boost his (Tiger's) ego or perhaps to impress silent current backers or potential incoming investors.

My concern is after, the untried but highly rated by some, CB declined working for Tiger that the OUFC manager /head coach vacancy is being viewed as a poison chalice by potential fillers of that vacancy. And while Tiger is doing his best Frank Sinatra impersonation (as in doing it HIS way) , the unrest and uncertainty in the squad, confirmed by recent results (4 points from seven games- not to mention two cup competition capitulations, 'Harvey boycott trophy & Ox' senior cup) isnt doing OUFC any good whatsoever.

I hope Tiger appoints a manager/head coach capable of steadying the ship and building for promotion next season and soon, my concerns are mentioned above , and the biggest worry is it ends up in a relegation dogfight that Tiger's chosen one is incapable of avoiding. 7 weeks plus is far too long to be without a manager/head coach!!!!

In Fairness to Tiger, he was only in charge 2 days before the Northampton game.
So whist the manger(less) saga has run on for 7 weeks, taking 4 points from seven games. Tiger is only responsible for 1 point in 1 game.

• React
Reactions: sox
Back
Top Bottom