Anindya Bakrie

That is rubbish as you know, there was an entourage of 20 people in the restaurant Saturday, the board their advisers and security, they flew in from all over the world.
That doesn’t strike me as the format to chuck a few million at a football club to enjoy, they had a vary of skills and expertise, there is a bigger picture here and hopefully we will all end up happy.

I should imagine those numbers are not that high for a couple of billionaires entourages, I won’t go to Woodfarm Co Op without at least 4 of my boys and my PA so that doesn’t seem excessive.

That is rubbish as you know, there was an entourage of 20 people in the restaurant Saturday, the board their advisers and security, they flew in from all over the world.
That doesn’t strike me as the format to chuck a few million at a football club to enjoy, they had a vary of skills and expertise, there is a bigger picture here and hopefully we will all end up happy.
U wanna work out what your worry is then mate ?. Either we have no money, or like u say we have billions and also more importantly a very decent skill set to match.

I thought when he first built the Ozone, no cinema chain wanted to take it on, so Kassam ran it for several years.

That was why I thought he sold it to the Cinema chain now there.

Edit: He did sell the lease to Vue if I've read it right and you were right, he did run it for a couple of years.

Last edited:
U wanna work out what your worry is then mate ?. Either we have no money, or like u say we have billions and also more importantly a very decent skill set to match.
The worry for all of us is the longevity of the club, there are plenty of examples of clubs going from hero to zero.
BTW, we are skink look at the accounts what is it £14m in debt.

What if these guys are looking to buy the whole site - Ground, Cinema, one of the Hotels? Kassam would be a very unpleasant neighbour so it could be .." there you are Firoz, now f***off!"
I line your point and when you think how OGB acts, we buy just the stadium he could effectively charge for parking as we own the stadium not the car parks, so yes the stadium, The Ozone and the Holiday Inn Express should be bought and then they could develop the stadium.

The worry for all of us is the longevity of the club, there are plenty of examples of clubs going from hero to zero.
BTW, we are skink look at the accounts what is it £14m in debt.
It is yes, how much of that is from the new owners though? Or from previous owners who didn’t have the money to run the club and instead loaded the debt. Even ones who lay out a plan, and make promises to take their debt with them. The truth is even if you achieve on the pitch success u can rarely judge how good their tenure was until they leave, and even then many will purely look at the on pitch situation as a gauge. So while U can be cautious and that applies to any new owner, I think u have to also counter that with a little optimism that maybe this is different.

I agree that Kassam would be an awful neighbour.
I can imagine problems with car parks, and there would be legal disputes/ arguments.
I think that from a financial perspective IF the club can move it will.

legal disputes/ arguments.
What type

That was why I thought he sold it to the Cinema chain now there.

Edit: He did sell the lease to Vue if I've read it right and you were right, he did run it for a couple of years.

Why just the cinema? Then he would have issues trying to dell the Ozone if its not the whole Ozone and any new potential owner could make problems with the Vue.

legal disputes/ arguments.
What type
Who knows?
The thing will be that you can't easily separate things out totally. So there will be car parks/the roads plus probably the utilities on the site which could be used by all parties.
So there will still be service charges and there could easily be disputes with the way Kassam seems to act and behave.

Why just the cinema? Then he would have issues trying to dell the Ozone if its not the whole Ozone and any new potential owner could make problems with the Vue.
He has sold the lease to the Vue.
He owns the building and is the landlord I assume.
Just like he has sold the lease to Frankie and Bennys

Who knows?
The thing will be that you can't easily separate things out totally. So there will be car parks/the roads plus probably the utilities on the site which could be used by all parties.
So there will still be service charges and there could easily be disputes with the way Kassam seems to act and behave.
I understand what you're saying, but if it's owned entirely by our far Eastern board then can't see legal/arguments between the owners but that is of course they are for the club and not own the stadium and sell the club

I understand what you're saying, but if it's owned entirely by our far Eastern board then can't see legal/arguments between the owners but that is of course they are for the club and not own the stadium and sell the club
Ah sure if they buy it all.
I was referring to if the owners brought the ground only.

I gathered that but that to me would be silly if Thohir and Bakri just bought the ground
I agree it some on here I believe are suggesting that the owners should buy the ground and develop it.
I'm with you on this.

I agree it some on here I believe are suggesting that the owners should buy the ground and develop it.
I'm with you on this.
Buyinh just the ground is fine but FK could make headway in the car park which could be of a hindrance to Oxford. Just think if we had the Ozone and the Holiday Inn Express as well as the stadium, the income we could raise for OUFC and how benefitial it would be to OUFC.

Back
Top Bottom