EPL Angry fans

Manorlounger

Can't blame the supporters for getting annoyed at the fixture changes but, the clubs are raking in millions from these TV deals so, blame the clubs, not the TV companies. Maybe, in future deals someone will see the sense in having a clause built into the contract to prevent such nonsense?

They want the money then they pay the price. Tough ?

It won`t be long until fans in grounds are a thing of the past, think of the money they would save.......

Ever since SKY inserted its festering "money is everything" hand into the game that has been the end game.
Millions of online "season tickets" watching folk kicking a ball around on a pitch that could be anywhere in the world. Just like a computer game but with real players.....

I`m just glad I got into football in the 70`s & 80`s. (y)

They want the money then they pay the price. Tough ?

It won`t be long until fans in grounds are a thing of the past, think of the money they would save.......

Ever since SKY inserted its festering "money is everything" hand into the game that has been the end game.
Millions of online "season tickets" watching folk kicking a ball around on a pitch that could be anywhere in the world. Just like a computer game but with real players.....

I`m just glad I got into football in the 70`s & 80`s. (y)

I suspect PL clubs will reduce the cost for attending supporters as the crowd is important for the visual aspect/atmosphere imo. An empty stadium isn't good viewing on TV.

Don't see how it's the clubs fault that the controlling body allowed yet another broadcaster into the pot.

Once they allowed and welcomed all these sticky fingers the game for the ordinary man in the street was finished.

whether attending or watching from home it will soon reach the point where only the more affluent can do so.

Base price for programs you never watch, more money please to add sport and if you want to watch an up and coming boxer fight for a title that will be another £20 please....not forgetting the yearly price hikes and extra for access to other broadcasters matches
Yet they wonder why they lose custom and some seek alternatives.

It's a difficult balance. Clubs seek increased revenue to help them compete at the top and keep their fans happy, and a consequence of this success is the commercial contracts that impact on the fans.

We are all striving for success at Oxford, and most fans want to see bigger and better players coming in on bigger and better contracts to make this happen. But this all costs money and no one wants increased ticket prices or debt on the club. If we had the opportunity to get a much bigger chunk of the tv deal, say £10m a year, but that meant 2 or 3 lunch time or 6pm kick offs, would we accept that?

If we went up to the Championship and got £20m but had 5 or 6 games being disrupted, would we accept that?

The game has changed massively, and fans have to accept the rough with the smooth.

It's a difficult balance. Clubs seek increased revenue to help them compete at the top and keep their fans happy, and a consequence of this success is the commercial contracts that impact on the fans.

We are all striving for success at Oxford, and most fans want to see bigger and better players coming in on bigger and better contracts to make this happen. But this all costs money and no one wants increased ticket prices or debt on the club. If we had the opportunity to get a much bigger chunk of the tv deal, say £10m a year, but that meant 2 or 3 lunch time or 6pm kick offs, would we accept that?

If we went up to the Championship and got £20m but had 5 or 6 games being disrupted, would we accept that?

The game has changed massively, and fans have to accept the rough with the smooth.
I agree at our level all money is important.
But at PL level more money is necessary?
I suspect that there will be a European League and it wouldn't amaze me if teams play home games in the US/ China in 20 year time.
The owners dont care at all about the local fans.
Then will the extra money to compete be worth it?

I suspect that there will be a European League and it wouldn't amaze me if teams play home games in the US/ China in 20 year time.

It's all still relative. An extra couple of million for us is the same as an extra £100m for Man City.

But if Tiger's journey gets us to the PL in 5 years, with a sparkly new stadium and Cameron Brannagan as England captain and Oxfords first global superstar, would we be so worried about one of our games being played in Dubai?

Personally I still miss the conference days with thousands of Oxford fans taking over tiny grounds, but time moves on and I'd love to see Oxford at the very top even if not quite the utopia we'd all want.

Its absolutely the clubs fault. They voted through the TV deal which clearly stated that Amazon will show all of the games on 26th/27th.
The PL controlling body is very much representing the clubs.

Like they had a choice !!!

if they insist that tv games has minimal bearing on crowds then let the games kick off at 3pm and the public will decide

I saw (may have linked it on here) an analysis that in cash terms only 4 PL clubs made a profit in the last year when financial data was available for all clubs.

That said any extra money seems to go to the players and agents or stupid money transfer fees anyway.

Back
Top Bottom