And so to Wembley

Sports grounds can have spectators in (reduced numbers outside) according to OIiver Dowden.............................. from the 25th July.........can we push the final back a bit?
"Small numbers of supporters will be able to watch outdoor sports, provided social distancing measures are followed. "

Charlton at home last season when Eastwood was sent off for catching ball outside his area.
But I am a Wycombe fan, cos you told me so

Where did you sit?

And don’t say east stand because that would just give you splinters ?

That won't be the proof as I am done now with this forum.
I was hoping for some healthy debate but was hounded as a number of you could not accept a newbie without questioning their credentials
Maybe I should have shouted from the rooftops about how wonderful we are?
Maybe I should not have shown respect for the achievements of Wycombe just before Monday's game?
Maybe I should not have stood up for an opposing player's stance against what he considers a racist slur?
At the end of the day taking a reasonable position was not acceptable on here
Cheerio and I hope we win promotion on Monday

Maybe 99% of your posts since joining shouldn’t have been on a Wycombe thread praising Wycombe?

Odd.

I was hoping for some healthy debate but was hounded as a number of you could not accept a newbie without questioning their credentials
Maybe I should not have shown respect for the achievements of Wycombe just before Monday's game?
Maybe I should not have stood up for an opposing player's stance against what he considers a racist slur?
Maybe you shouldn't have implied we are all closet racists because we didn't get all militant about the dubious 'racism' but wanted to discuss it?
Maybe you shouldn't have said that the only reason we didn't go mad about it was because he wasn't an Oxford player?
Maybe you were the one who couldn't debate in a healthy way?
Maybe you were the one whose position was fixed and you didn't want to discuss it sensibly?
Cheerio and I hope WE win promotion on Monday.

You know, this is all getting a bit childish. Have I said anything derogatory about Oxford? No.
Have I said anything positive about Oxford? Yes (see post about Mous)
Have I sung the praises of other teams ? No
Do I have respect for other teams ? Yes, even Wycombe !!
Have I answered questions people have posed to find out about my support? Yes (see response re last game)
Have I told you who I support? Yes

So now to please you something nice about Oxford........I love the brand of football they play (hope that pleases you)

Something not so nice.....I still can't believe they employed Karl Robinson after his long-term association with Franchise FC (and I say "they" cos I was not involved)

I am totally pissed off with all of this and hope that you don't treat everyone you meet to the Spanish Inquisition.

And remember I am a Wycombe supporter cos OUFC1991 and ColinB said so.

Take care in these strange times

Your biggest mistake was failing to use ‘Yellow’ in your username. eg Yellow Taxi .

That would have given you a greater degree of credibility and thus enable to pass yourself off as die hard Oxford United supporter with many matchday experiences.

That's ok.
Thread is about next Monday's game against Wycombe. Sorry I should have posted about Portsmouth, my bad.
Then other posts have been about "racism" following Bazzer posting about Akinfenwa. Should have kept off of this subject then.
Think what you will, really don't give a toss and am finding it all very tiresome.
Should have looked at the rest of the subjects on our forum they can be quite illuminating, especially where we had sad news after reaching the final on Monday l, as regards Akinfenwa it’s on FB so just reposted as he is a person of interest.

Well, I was a day out, but you've pretty much conformed to type after 48 hours, not 24 hours as I predicted.

Here's a tip for you, as I see you haven't deleted your account yet (although it's interesting that you restrict who can view it), so are probably going to read this at some stage. If you'd have come on here, and revealed that you were a Wycombe fan, and called yourself Dorset Chairboy, or something similar, you would have been taken at face value, and started with a clean slate. Trying to pretend you're an Oxford fan, when you obviously aren't one, in some bizarre attempt to lure people in for whatever reason, never ends well.

How you would then have been treated would have very much depended on how you then posted/acted. As many posters from other clubs have found out, this place is fine if you treat it with respect, although in your case I suspect it still wouldn't have taken long for things to turn sour.

About time we found a different tangent. @38yearsofpain will you have to increase your user name by 1 every year? Even if we won the Premier League and Champions League the pain of that smokey night in 1982 will still be there. It's a grudge that will live on forever.

Your biggest mistake was failing to use ‘Yellow’ in your username. eg Yellow Taxi .

That would have given you a greater degree of credibility and thus enable to pass yourself off as die hard Oxford United supporter with many matchday experiences.

I, Yellowbattman, agree.

Can we find out what time the team coach leaves on monday and line the streets on route out of oxford? Socially distant of course. Would be awesome and i think would spur on the team

Well, I was a day out, but you've pretty much conformed to type after 48 hours, not 24 hours as I predicted.

Here's a tip for you, as I see you haven't deleted your account yet (although it's interesting that you restrict who can view it), so are probably going to read this at some stage. If you'd have come on here, and revealed that you were a Wycombe fan, and called yourself Dorset Chairboy, or something similar, you would have been taken at face value, and started with a clean slate. Trying to pretend you're an Oxford fan, when you obviously aren't one, in some bizarre attempt to lure people in for whatever reason, never ends well.

How you would then have been treated would have very much depended on how you then posted/acted. As many posters from other clubs have found out, this place is fine if you treat it with respect, although in your case I suspect it still wouldn't have taken long for things to turn sour.
Colin, if some fucker said I wasn't really an Oxford fan, I'd be shouting my bollox off!:ROFLMAO:

This will be one of those where we will either never hear from him again or he’ll come back on Monday giving it the big one on the wind up.
How sad must life be to go to these lengths to get a kick.
Even after being rumbled, I don’t think anyone’s been particularly rude either.
You only have to read 2 posts, it’s painfully blatant.

Anyway, onto Monday, lincolnyellows post about the stakes has given me little butterflies. COYY we can do this.

This will be one of those where we will either never hear from him again or he’ll come back on Monday giving it the big one on the wind up.
How sad must life be to go to these lengths to get a kick.
Even after being rumbled, I don’t think anyone’s been particularly rude either.
You only have to read 2 posts, it’s painfully blatant.

Anyway, onto Monday, lincolnyellows post about the stakes has given me little butterflies. COYY we can do this.
I think I mentioned the war once.....but I think I got away with it.

Can we find out what time the team coach leaves on monday and line the streets on route out of oxford? Socially distant of course. Would be awesome and i think would spur on the team

No that is a good idea

The route from the ground to the M40 would be excellent, I think they’d appreciate support along the way to see them onto the motorway. Is that a job for Oxvox? Any thoughts anyone?

Back
Top Bottom