And so to Wembley

Nope just following up on OX14 statement of our best chance without doing so.

I wasn't saying Wycombe have. Neither of the clubs have. But next season is looking even stronger than this year, still got pompey, Ipswich. Sunderland and Peterbrough (the top 4 spenders) plus Plymouth, scumdon, coming up. Then the 3 coming down we all know Barnsley are a yo yo club like Rotherham. Luton would of made a bit of money this year. Then if Hull or Middlesbrough come down they will spend to go back up. So it's unlikely any team with a bottom half budget will even get close next season.

The play off final needs a very strong referee at Wembley, we know 'Ozzy' *Ainsworth will fully utilise every single element of his 'anti-football style' on Monday .... BTW what time does coverage start & what time is kick off on Monday?

* to me, looks like he'll be biting the heads off live chickens on the touchline as part of his Wembley warm up

scruffy git

Nope just following up on OX14 statement of our best chance without doing so.
OK apologies, wasn't following the conversation flow. Little tip though, use the 'reply' option on a post if you wish to reply to something, it helps with readability. You can also highlight parts of posts and just reply to that.

I've got nothing against Wycombe. I said at the beginning of the semi finals if we don't make it, I hope they get promoted. Fantastic for football to see Wycombe finish above the likes of Sunderland and Ipswich. Don't care how they play, it's a great achievement. Obviously want us to win on Monday though!

We only beat them 1-0 at our place around Xmas time, they also played three quarters of the game with 10 players after Akinfenwa was sent off.

Make no mistake this will be a tough match.

I actually wouldn’t have too much of a problem with Mackie starting, a few older more experience players in the line up might not be a bad thing. Wycombe will use all sorts of tricks to disrupt the game.

Need to fight fire with fire initially and then introduce the flair players to hopefully get us over the line.

Yeah but we were knackered going into that game, because we’d been chasing Man City around 3-4 days prior. It’s different this time!

Yeah but we were knackered going into that game, because we’d been chasing Man City around 3-4 days prior. It’s different this time!
Absolutely right, both teams have had over 100 days off and 2 games in 4 days.
Should make it so much easier

On the pitch Wycombe deserve our utmost respect ahead of this.

They are excellent at soaking up pressure and mount very direct and effective attacks. They will be using every tool in the box to get the result, and at the end of the day that's all that matters here.

Ainsworth will have them very well-drilled and they'll probably hit their stride before we do.

It will be a very stern test but one we can pass if we are at our very best.

Over to you Karl....

Ainsworth got his tactics spot-on at Fleetwood, even allowing for the Sunday league goalkeeping - he surprised Fleetwood by not playing Akinfenwa and getting right in their faces straight away, rather than sitting back. Fleetwood were never really in it from there. Long ball aggressive football yes, but they also have some decent players in the likes of Onyedimya and Grimmer. Still horrible to watch, but by no means 'anti-football'.

Oh and any comments about physicality are probably tempered by the tackles from Gorrin and Taylor last night!

As m says, over to you Karl!

Ainsworth got his tactics spot-on at Fleetwood, even allowing for the Sunday league goalkeeping - he surprised Fleetwood by not playing Akinfenwa and getting right in their faces straight away, rather than sitting back. Fleetwood were never really in it from there. Long ball aggressive football yes, but they also have some decent players in the likes of Onyedimya and Grimmer. Still horrible to watch, but by no means 'anti-football'.

Oh and any comments about physicality are probably tempered by the tackles from Gorrin and Taylor last night!

As m says, over to you Karl!
And to be fair they were probably worse than anything Wycombe committed over both legs

I've got nothing against Wycombe. I said at the beginning of the semi finals if we don't make it, I hope they get promoted. Fantastic for football to see Wycombe finish above the likes of Sunderland and Ipswich. Don't care how they play, it's a great achievement. Obviously want us to win on Monday though!
I live just the other side of Wycombe. It'll be twice as nice for me if we beat them.

And to be fair they were probably worse than anything Wycombe committed over both legs

New poster eh.

Registers the day after it's confirmed that we will play Wycombe in the play off final. Posts in one thread only (so far) and says lots of positive things about Wycombe.

This is how they all start off, but it doesn't last. I'll give you less than 24 hours before you start getting lairy with other posters and reveal your true colours, Mr Wycombe fan.

Pitch at Wembley is wide open for a side to get it down and play with some width, hope we can utilise this.

But Wycombe are a clever well drilled and organised side.

A local derby too ;)

The play off final needs a very strong referee at Wembley, we know 'Ozzy' *Ainsworth will fully utilise every single element of his 'anti-football style' on Monday .... BTW what time does coverage start & what time is kick off on Monday?

* His post lockdown hairstyle , to me, looks like he'll be biting the heads off live chickens on the touchline as part of his Wembley warm up
7.30 kick off I think sarge

New poster eh.

Registers the day after it's confirmed that we will play Wycombe in the play off final. Posts in one thread only (so far) and says lots of positive things about Wycombe.

This is how they all start off, but it doesn't last. I'll give you less than 24 hours before you start getting lairy with other posters and reveal your true colours, Mr Wycombe fan.
Wtf I have mentioned that they are not one dimensional (which has likes), that they have not spent money and this us their best chance of promotion (all facts) and that Gorrin and Matty's fouls wereworse than any committed by Wycombe.....and that makes me a Wycombe fan. Unbelievable.

Wtf I have mentioned that they are not one dimensional (which has likes), that they have not spent money and this us their best chance of promotion (all facts) and that Gorrin and Matty's fouls wereworse than any committed by Wycombe.....and that makes me a Wycombe fan. Unbelievable.
Everyone knows your a Wycombe fan trying to blend in probably be easier just to admit it and then try adding something to the conversation ?

You get that on here mate. Sometimes one fears making comments coz there's always keyboard warriors waiting to pounce. Welcome.

Everyone knows your a Wycombe fan trying to blend in probably be easier just to admit it and then try adding something to the conversation ?
I am glad that you can speak for everyone. Truth is I grew up in Thame, and now live in Weymouth. But just to make you happy I will say that I am a Wycombe supporter.

You get that on here mate. Sometimes one fears making comments coz there's always keyboard warriors waiting to pounce. Welcome.
Cheers mate. Pity some people can't accept that you don't have to be blind to other team's abilities to be a supporter

Cheers mate. Pity some people can't accept that you don't have to be blind to other team's abilities to be a supporter
I too live in Dorset. Used to be Witney. Perhaps it's the sea air - freshens our minds and can see other sides to things.

Back
Top Bottom