And so to Wembley

Grumpy Git

Two teams with completely contrasting styles. Oxford a passing side, Wycome a boot it long side.

Wycombe had just 21% possession and still scored 2. I expect th em to use all the dark arts, off the balls fouls and try anything they can to stop football being played.

Two teams with completely contrasting styles. Oxford a passing side, Wycome a boot it long side.

Wycombe had just 21% possession and still scored 2. I expect th em to use all the dark arts, off the balls fouls and try anything they can to stop football being played.
And I expect us to play the beautiful game as we can and defeat them. Otherwise, football is the loser.

We only beat them 1-0 at our place around Xmas time, they also played three quarters of the game with 10 players after Akinfenwa was sent off.

Make no mistake this will be a tough match.

I actually wouldn’t have too much of a problem with Mackie starting, a few older more experience players in the line up might not be a bad thing. Wycombe will use all sorts of tricks to disrupt the game.

Need to fight fire with fire initially and then introduce the flair players to hopefully get us over the line.

And we were playing keep ball at the end of the match at our place as they were threatening even with 10 men

What we have to look out for is thinking the hard work has been done beating Pompey and thinking Wycombe will be easy, yes, what i saw of it last night, Fleetwood were far better but Wycombe kept going, were quite handy with the rough stuff when it mattered. Might have been a different story had MADDEN not been suspended, its a trap we can easily fall in to.

Absolutely delusional if we think Wycombe are one dimensional. Think they showed a different side on Friday night and last night did what they had to
They played far better at Fleetwood, but the Fleetwood keeper had a mare. He flapped at two and failed to fall on two.

Also to note that Wycombe had more shots on target than any of the play-off teams last night

The play off final needs a very strong referee at Wembley, we know 'Ozzy' *Ainsworth will fully utilise every single element of his 'anti-football style' on Monday .... BTW what time does coverage start & what time is kick off on Monday?

* His post lockdown hairstyle , to me, looks like he'll be biting the heads off live chickens on the touchline as part of his Wembley warm up

Had to laugh when Ainsworth said what a shame it will be with no fans at Wembley, our game would fill the stadium, is he kidding or drunk. if it was us and Pompey, yes. Our near forty thousand and their five thousand plus their dogs and a few families from their caravans ii think not.

We only beat them 1-0 at our place around Xmas time, they also played three quarters of the game with 10 players after Akinfenwa was sent off.

Make no mistake this will be a tough match.

I actually wouldn’t have too much of a problem with Mackie starting, a few older more experience players in the line up might not be a bad thing. Wycombe will use all sorts of tricks to disrupt the game.

Need to fight fire with fire initially and then introduce the flair players to hopefully get us over the line.

We were 1-0 up when akinfenwa got sent off, then they sat defending trying to score from set peices. We were wasteful in front of goal and should of been 2 or 3 up at half time, if it wasn't for Archer it would of ended up 1-1 at the end. This game was the Saturday after the man City game in midweek and the team looked tired towards the end.

Obviously it's not going to be just show up and we will win, but this is probably the best chance we have got at promotion for a while without throwing money at it.

Just look at the teams we have avoided in a 1 game shoot off. Pompey, Peterborough, Sunderland, Ipswich, Fleetwood, Doncaster, even Gillingham and Burton have caused us problems this year.

If we don't gain promotion it's not the end of the world, aslong as we go to Wembley and put on a great performance and have no regrets.

It is also Wycombe's best chance of promotion and they haven't thrown money at it.

It is also Wycombe's best chance of promotion and they haven't thrown money at it.

Yep. Both clubs have done well to get this far. Wycombe was 3rd relegation favourites and us midtable at best. We have proved the 3 big spenders in this league.

Long is going to have to be at his best to keep Onyedinma at bay, that's the key.

Baptiste was key to our good result in the home game against them, turning under pressure to drive through their midfield. That's the same sort of quality that Sykes, Woodburn and Agyei have when at their best.

At our best, we should win. But we were far from at our best against Portsmouth at any stage. Hopefully an extra week and the match fitness makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom