• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

General Amy Cranston

But based on the facts only, I’d say that our football club appears to be in a much greater position now, compared to where it was when before he joined. Both on and off the field. Online media and interviews have improved massively, players seem totally committed and in a good place, there seems to be a genuine “togetherness” again between players, staff and fans.
What has any of that got to do with Benson?

Half true. And can I just go on record by saying that the use of the term 'conspiracy' in relation to the information surrounding the club is really doing my head in!

I know for an absolute fact that if things were different behind the scenes, she would have stayed at Oxford United. How many times do people have to sound the alarm on people like Benson before it is taken seriously?! You can think what you want, but I know the truth of the matter.

There is a lot of credence to the concerns raised by a number of posters on this forum. Posters that are fully aware of things going on behind the scenes.

When I first mentioned that Benson was causing problems behind the scenes, I was greeted with "well thats a load of rubbish. What does a commercial manager have to do with medical?" - In the weeks that have followed, it has become evidently clear that his influence within the club is growing by the day. Coupled with Williams being absent for weeks on end, it has become an absolute mess!

If people like yourself continue to peddle this nonsense 'conspiracy theory' angle as if things are fine, then nothing will change!
I’m certainly not trying to peddle any nonsense about anything and fully get that there are problems behind the scenes. Maybe conspiracy wasn’t the best adjective to use on my part, but all I was basically trying to say was that Amy was leaving of her own free will, because Man Utd ladies came to her with an approach and an offer, not because she applied for a job with them or was forced out.

It’s fair enough to suggest if things were maybe different behind the scenes she may have stayed, but I know absolutely nothing about that. Everyone keeps saying that Benson is the problem, and interferes etc… but I’d actually like to know what it is he’s done or does and has done to others that’s made them want to leave, this part is still a mystery to many on this forum. I get that he’s apparently not well liked and all the rest of it, but what would he have done in his role that has affected the head of medical services to make her want to leave with the opportunity that has arisen? Could it not be just simply the chance to work at Man Utd on an increased salary etc… was too good to turn down?

As I say I’ve no idea of the facts at all, but like many others am intrigued how and in what way Benson has upset so many people. I’m not disputing the fact he has or may have at all. Also why then doesn’t anyone seem to be able to reign him in? In the same way no one seemed to want to reign KR in until he’d made a right shambles of everything?

• React
Reactions: MG
I’m certainly not trying to peddle any nonsense about anything and fully get that there are problems behind the scenes. Maybe conspiracy wasn’t the best adjective to use on my part, but all I was basically trying to say was that Amy was leaving of her own free will, because Man Utd ladies came to her with an approach and an offer, not because she applied for a job with them or was forced out.

It’s fair enough to suggest if things were maybe different behind the scenes she may have stayed, but I know absolutely nothing about that. Everyone keeps saying that Benson is the problem, and interferes etc… but I’d actually like to know what it is he’s done or does and has done to others that’s made them want to leave, this part is still a mystery to many on this forum. I get that he’s apparently not well liked and all the rest of it, but what would he have done in his role that has affected the head of medical services to make her want to leave with the opportunity that has arisen? Could it not be just simply the chance to work at Man Utd on an increased salary etc… was too good to turn down?

As I say I’ve no idea of the facts at all, but like many others am intrigued how and in what way Benson has upset so many people. I’m not disputing the fact he has or may have at all. Also why then doesn’t anyone seem to be able to reign him in? In the same way no one seemed to want to reign KR in until he’d made a right shambles of everything?
I don't want to go over a lot of what has already been said about Amy's situation, but I'd like to respond to your last two sentences though.

The person who's job it is/was to "reign in" Adam Benson is/was Tim Williams. The same Tim Williams who's job it was to "reign in" Karl Robinson. That he has failed to do either tells us all that we need to know about why certain areas of the club are currently a runaway train behind the scenes.

There are and have always been problems behind the scenes - this is true at every football club and in fact, every organisation anywhere. I don't know how many behind the scenes staff we have - maybe 50? It's very unlikely all of them are delighted with their jobs, their boss or who they might be working with at any given time. Some are likely to want to progress more quickly than the club can match, so are going to be looking for new jobs elsewhere.

What I'd hope for from a fans point of view is that those who are leaving remain professional - work their notice where appropriate and preferably not gossip with supporters who like to post innuendo on public forums about inner club workings. No suggestion from me that this isn't the case in this instance, by the way.

Obviously there's a tipping point with staff morale - are any of the so-called (or so-imagined) ITKs willing to suggest the majority of backroom staff are miserable and about to quit? If that's the case there's cause for concern.

"So-called (or so-imagined) ITKs" :ROFLMAO:

Ya know what, I'm not going to contribue anything further to this discussion. You can all crack on and continue patting the senior-management on the back while the club eats itself from the inside out. They're failing the club, and by proxy, they're failing the fans/customers. For some reason, people on here refuse to see it. You have been given the facts. What you do with them, is down to you.

Cheers Gents.

I do half imagine a cadre of ITKs at full time at Wembley standing there ashen faced while everybody else celebrated, knowing that there was little point in enjoyment when they knew how it was all actually falling apart behind the scenes. ;)

(This is said mainly in jest btw, as I worry as much as anyone about our finances and new ground delays, etc.)

Ya know what, I'm not going to contribue anything further to this discussion. You can all crack on and continue patting the senior-management on the back while the club eats itself from the inside out. They're failing the club, and by proxy, they're failing the fans/customers. For some reason, people on here refuse to see it. You have been given the facts. What you do with them, is down to you.

Cheers Gents.
All right, don't be so sensitive - where have I patted the senior-management on the back?

And where are the facts? Feel free to point me at some posts, I've not read everything. My point was that staff unhappiness, of itself, is to be expected and not necessarily a sign of imminent club destruction.

I don't want to go over a lot of what has already been said about Amy's situation, but I'd like to respond to your last two sentences though.

The person whose job it is/was to "reign in" Adam Benson is/was Tim Williams. The same Tim Williams whose job it was to "reign in" Karl Robinson. That he has failed to do either tells us all that we need to know about why certain areas of the club are currently a runaway train behind the scenes.

I do understand the TW issue, however above or alongside him there is Grant Ferguson and he must get wind of everything of significance? Then there are the owners who despite being a long way away (like GF), must also surely be taking more than just a passing interest in things, particularly with the on field success and stadium situation. There are also plenty of other influential people in senior roles at OCC who between them must surely be able to weed out and raise concerns all the way up the chain. So surely somewhere along the line GF and the owners must be aware if there are significant issues and individuals causing unrest and dissatisfaction behind the scenes, and could if they wanted take action?

It still seems an unexplained mystery exactly what the position is with TW other than he’s not around, is he on holiday? sacked? resigned? off sick?. In at least one of those scenarios someone above him has potentially made a decision about his future at the club.

Behind

Cheers Gents.
We've been given a few facts. We've been given some hints, some of which make sense some of which don't, we can also see that there are certain posters who if Tim Williams rescued a child from drowning in Marston ferry Pool would complain that he jumped in with his clothes on.

Cheers Gents.
No one is patting senior management on the back i don’t think and I certainly am not. For those of us who are not in the slightest in the know, we’d just like to understand a bit more about what AB or TW or whoever have done, or are doing that’s causing so much unrest, and in the case of this thread causing Amy to take a job elsewhere. Other than being told they are the problem (which I and I’m sure others fully get and believe) we just don’t understand exactly what it is.

In my reply to Colin I’ve tried to also explain that i don’t get why no one other than the absent TW apparently can do anything about it, or are choosing not to.

I’ve supported and watched OUFC since the 60s, so to be back in the Championship (or League Division 2), is such an achievement and buzz, that to keep hearing of all the behind the scenes issues without understanding what that is, and why is so frustrating.

Cheers Gents.
I feel your pain mate.

I understand that fans want to see their club in a good light, I'm one myself. But the way that many absolutely refuse to accept any kind of constructive criticism or any negative information relating to the club makes you question why you try to shine a light on it? The way some people jump to the defence of the club at every turn is becoming almost like some sort of weird cult.

I take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in the way certain things, and people, are at the club. I want the best version of Oxford United possible. If I know something, or someone, is damaging the club I'll highlight what I can, in the hope that by doing so it helps to improve things. I'd like to think my track record counts for something, along with those of you who know me personally, but bloody hell it's becoming hard work, and I sometimes wonder why I do it?

Currently contemplating whether I am wasting my time on here..............

Last edited:
it's the insults again "weird cult"
you were calling someone a "Pompous Wurzel" the other day,

I feel your pain mate.

I understand that fans want to see their club in a good light, I'm one myself. But the way that many absolutely refuse to accept any kind of constructive criticism or any negative information relating to the club makes you question why you try to shine a light on it? The way some people jump to the defence the club at every turn is becoming almost like some sort of weird cult.

I take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in the way certain things, and people, are at the club. I want the best version of Oxford United possible. If I know something, or someone, is damaging the club I'll highlight what I can, in the hope that by doing so it helps to improve things. I'd like to think my track record counts for something, along with those of you who know me personally, but bloody hell it's becoming hard work, and I sometimes wonder why I do it?

No you definitely aren't wasting your time, you have the track record to be taken as fact when you post. I'd also add Manorlounger and RyanioBirdio to the top level sources. LeftSideBoy is gaining a reputation for reliable information also.

There will always be some who won't want to believe the negative stuff, and will question everything or ask for proof that just can't be provided. That's just life I guess.

The person who's job it is/was to "reign in" Adam Benson is/was Tim Williams. The same Tim Williams who's job it was to "reign in" Karl Robinson. That he has failed to do either tells us all that we need to know about why certain areas of the club are currently a runaway train behind the scenes.
I’m not doubting anything you say, as you seem to know your stuff about what’s going on behind the scenes, and I understand you can’t divulge too much info, for obvious reasons, and I appreciate you keeping us informed and in the loop as best you can.

But we all now know that Benson is a big problem, that needs sorting, and we also know that our CEO is a spineless little wimp, who’s seemingly incapable of sorting Benson out himself.

We also know that our Chairman is never in the f*****g country, so is clearly not fit for purpose, and doesn’t do anything to bring either AB or TW in line.

So why don’t the owners just sack all three, and replace them with decent, competent people instead?

There must be a reason these three are getting away with so much?

This has been going on for too long now.

I feel your pain mate.

I understand that fans want to see their club in a good light, I'm one myself. But the way that many absolutely refuse to accept any kind of constructive criticism or any negative information relating to the club makes you question why you try to shine a light on it? The way some people jump to the defence the club at every turn is becoming almost like some sort of weird cult.

I take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in the way certain things, and people, are at the club. I want the best version of Oxford United possible. If I know something, or someone, is damaging the club I'll highlight what I can, in the hope that by doing so it helps to eradicate it. I'd like to think my track record counts for something, along with those of you who know me personally, but bloody hell it's becoming hard work, and I sometimes wonder why I do it?

@Colin B and @LeftSideBoy

I for one value your insight into the club.

The way I look at it is if anyone who knows something about new players who are being looked at we are 100% behind them.
However if someone else tells us about dubious things going on behind the scenes most of us are interested but there are some on here who just stick their head in the sand and believe everything is hunky dory.

Why they choose to believe stories about players but not staff is beyond me.

So I will pass something on I heard at the weekend and that is a stalwart of the club Rosie feels that he may be on the way out because Benson is looking to bring in new blood and quite frankly yes men.

Now this may/ may not happen but this is from someone who works very closely with PRB

Shoot me down if you like but this is another example of employees not feeling comfortable

I am not sure why people wouldn't want to post on here.
Those of us not remotely ITK try and navigate what is true and what is not! After the Des going to Wales being a done deal comments earlier this week, it makes it even more difficult.
Personally I believe what Colin B says and a small number of other ITK posters, but it really isn't easy keeping up and it is not unreasonable I my view, thay some push back and ask lots of questions.
Anyway keep posting!

We also know that our Chairman is never in the f*****g country, so is clearly not fit for purpose, and doesn’t do anything to bring either AB or TW in line.
Not being in the Country all of time isn't a reason to not be on top of this.
Based on the various rumours, Amy C, Des, PRB various other staff have an issue with Benson.
These people would be able to speak to Ferguson ( I would think that Des speaks to him regularly- if Amy C is leaving due to Benson and Des is not happy with that I would he amazed if he hasn't told Ferguson about this).
So Ferguson would know what is going on.

Well I employed about 50 people and at any one time perhaps 50 % didn't like me thats normal in most business ,and always one or two would slag me off ,
All I can say, name who's telling you what's going on ,you will come back with im told in confidence so back to square one.
You my well be right who knows, but there may be people who think Colin on his high horse again
Cheers COYY

@Colin B and @LeftSideBoy

I for one value your insight into the club.

The way I look at it is if anyone who knows something about new players who are being looked at we are 100% behind them.
However if someone else tells us about dubious things going on behind the scenes most of us are interested but there are some on here who just stick their head in the sand and believe everything is hunky dory.

Why they choose to believe stories about players but not staff is beyond me.

So I will pass something on I heard at the weekend and that is a stalwart of the club Rosie feels that he may be on the way out because Benson is looking to bring in new blood and quite frankly yes men.

Now this may/ may not happen but this is from someone who works very closely with PRB

Shoot me down if you like but this is another example of employees not feeling comfortable
I am not sure why people wouldn't want to post on here.
Those of us not remotely ITK try and navigate what is true and what is not! After the Des going to Wales being a done deal comments earlier this week, it makes it even more difficult.
Personally I believe what Colin B says and a small number of other ITK posters, but it really isn't easy keeping up and it is not unreasonable I my view, thay some push back and ask lots of questions.
Anyway keep posting!
Excellent posts. I value anything anyone posts on here and we know generally who knows something and who doesn’t. I hope everyone continues to post whatever they want, that is what a forum is all about.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable as @Foley has said to at least ask questions and try and understand things better. As a long standing supporter I am just curious to know more about exactly what it is that’s going on behind the scenes. Certainly not disputing there are problems and people causing problems, but when that’s as much as you know or are told, then it is frustrating and the natural reaction is to ask questions about it. Hopefully those actually ITK can be understanding of that, in the same way those of us not in the know are asked to be understanding that there are serious issues and we should be concerned with what’s going on, even though we don’t have any real in depth details.

Anyway keep posting everyone and COYY.

Ok, I've had a read and if I'm allowed to ask questions;
What did Adam Benson do that has made Amy Cranston leave? There's lots of vagueness and stating of "facts" but no actual facts. An alternative reason I could also believe is she's got a better job and decided to take it.

Generally, people want Adam Benson sacked because he's unpleasant to lots of people. Not because he's necessarily bad at his job? Is that right?
Also, people want Tim Williams sacked (if he hasn't left already) because he's too soft/indecisive?

Back
Top Bottom