Amazon getting EPL package

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Looks like Amazon are going to get the last EPL package, which covers bank holiday games.

So a 3rd channel for EPL!

Looks like Amazon are going to get the last EPL package, which covers bank holiday games.

So a 3rd channel for EPL!

An insight into what will be dominating ‘TV’ rights in the next five to ten years no doubt.

Wonder if Amazon will bundle this in with Prime to increasing its base further, or whether it will be an additional subscription model.

An insight into what will be dominating ‘TV’ rights in the next five to ten years no doubt.

Wonder if Amazon will bundle this in with Prime to increasing its base further, or whether it will be an additional subscription model.

We might be about to see Prime+ !

We might be about to see Prime+ !

Given my general lack of interest in the Premier League, I’m not overly fussed but as a Prime member, I’d certainly be intrigued if they also seek the EFL of international cricket amongst other sports.

I'm surprised they're bundling it with Prime; it's so easy to use a workaround and get endless free month trials. Perhaps not ethical, but it's been a known exploit for years. I wouldn't be surprised if they become more pro-activate against it to protect their investment.

I'm surprised they're bundling it with Prime; it's so easy to use a workaround and get endless free month trials. Perhaps not ethical, but it's been a known exploit for years. I wouldn't be surprised if they become more pro-activate against it to protect their investment.
They may move more into TV, maybe showing extra channels and football for a "premium price".

It just kills the game even more. I, along with many many people have fallen out of love with the game at the top level for these type of reasons. On the rare occasion I would be interested in watching a PL game I would just go to the local pub to do so now.

They may move more into TV, maybe showing extra channels and football for a "premium price".

I doubt it to be honest. They also paid £30 million for tennis rights this year. It doesn't make sense to spend all that money and then try to discover if there's a willing market for it. The PL rights sounds great, but in reality it's just 2 days worth of games. They surely won't expect to be able to sell another package at a premium price with such a small amount of content.

When I first read the headline I expected it to be sold on an à la carte / PPV model. Just pay a few quid for the game(s) you want to watch, kinda like they do with their movie rentals selection.

Back
Top Bottom