General Amazing Thailand!

Be careful what you say if you decide to visit.

Surely if an OUFC fan was there and did similar all he would have to say is “ I know Tiger “
Damn that’s very harsh just think over here it you got sent down for similar we would have no room in our jails for the real criminals.

Yet as a club, we were publicly very supportive of the regime and praised their king (iirc) on the occasion of his Birthday - awkward........

Their country, their rules.

I suppose if Donald had done it this place would light up.......... but whatever suits eh?

Lets have a teaspoon of hypocrisy as long as the money flows........ ;)

I suppose if Donald had done it this place would light up.......... but whatever suits eh?

Tbf that law has been there for a while and I've never been but know of the law!

Mentioning Trump, I'm surprised he didn't try to introduce a similar law about himself in the US. ;)

Well I genuinely expected universal, unequivocally condemnation of this. I never expected anyone to condone it by saying 'their county, their rules'! Roll on the Fourth Reich eh .... of course, provided they keep it within their borders.

Well I genuinely expected universal, unequivocally condemnation of this. I never expected anyone to condone it by saying 'their county, their rules'! Roll on the Fourth Reich eh .... of course, provided they keep it within their borders.

The law is an absolute a**e without doubt and should be changed.

You seem to have forgotten to put any "universal, unequivocal condemnation" in your opening post. :)

Their country, their rules same as anywhere else.
Break the rules, pay the price.
It`s been on their statute book since 1908.

It's amazing what bites when you go fishing.

Isn’t it her country as well? Or the country of the thousands brave enough to protest, or the unknown amount too scared to?

I thought you love a referendum, why don’t they have one to see if the people want to be ruled like that or not?

Isn’t it her country as well? Or the country of the thousands brave enough to protest, or the unknown amount too scared to?

I thought you love a referendum, why don’t they have one to see if the people want to be ruled like that or not?

Thai`s just run their society as they seem to prefer which is culturally and socially different to us.
Family power is more important to them and just because we don`t like how their version of democracy looks doesn`t make it wrong.

Probably a bit too authoritarian for the more liberal folk.... :)

Thai`s just run their society as they seem to prefer which is culturally and socially different to us.
Family power is more important to them and just because we don`t like how their version of democracy looks doesn`t make it wrong.

There’s been massive protests about the authoritarian way they run things, that’s the whole point! You can’t suppress people with strict laws like that designed to quash dissent then claim that they like it!! Jesus wept.

• React
Reactions: QR
Yet as a club, we were publicly very supportive of the regime and praised their king (iirc) on the occasion of his Birthday - awkward........
From my understanding of the situation, it’s the military government, that took control a few years ago, that are pushing for this law to be followed. The monarchy has been sidelined.

There’s been massive protests about the authoritarian way they run things, that’s the whole point! You can’t suppress people with strict laws like that designed to quash dissent then claim that they like it!! Jesus wept.

Only by students and young people......

When they grow up they`ll learn what`s good for them.

According to an old article in the Telegraph 90%+ of Thai`s are happy with their society.

Different subject but a colleague of my wife’s returned to work yesterday after her 14 days of isolating having returned from Romania. She said that when you return home (Romania) from abroad they actually check she was at the address given. They had a curfew that was completely obeyed. They were allowed to be at bars and restaurants but only outside and social distancing was rigorously obeyed and if not the police and army were there.
She said nobody she saw broke rules and did what they wanted. For example we have had anti lockdown demonstrations BLM/ counter demonstrations and EU related demonstrations in this country recently even though we are in the middle of a pandemic.People can moan all they like but the last sentence of your comment sums this country up at present bearing in mind in Eastern Europe many people still remember what life used to be like under communism.

Back
Top Bottom