Allocated seats??

Had another update from the Deputy Safety Officer. He is advising stewards that some of us may not be best pleased with our "allocated" seats. They will do what they can to assist so, be nice and ask a steward if you have a problem. I know we all have experiences of some poor stewarding but hopefully we can persevere and enjoy ourselves.
I'm actually impressed that they have bothered to respond and in a positive manner.
That’s lucky, we’ll send Gordon your way ?

Outcome of emails to deputy safety officer at NUFC is as following.
NUFC when sending out tickets give instructions on how to sell. So, they (OUFC) or us should have had that conversation at the time of purchase.

Now, I have no wish to criticise or have a go at anyone here but, as OUFC operate an on-line ticketing system which does not ask questions (or permit questions to be asked of it) that was never going to happen. What happens is quite simple, so many tickets are sold, so many tickets go into envelopes and posted. More than that and you require an army of folk to sort through everything. Never going to happen.
What should happen is that, at the bare minimum, the choice of block should be given. Or, lets say left, right, middle, lower half, upper half.

Anyway, I have an assurance that if our seats prove to be unsuitable (or as NUFC put it, not suitable enough) they will endeavour to relocate us.

I have thanked him for his time and mentioned that there might be a few more like myself and Mrs Lounger who may wish to avail themselves of his generous offer! ?
Very true. I used to be someone who wanted to stand and would go to the back of the allocated away section to do that so I didn’t get in the way of those who wanted to sit and watch the game. Now that my 9 year old comes to the games, we look for our allocated seats and sit in them. If they are in the ‘standing area’ then we move lower down.

This isn’t hard folks. Those who want to stand should go to the back of the away section and those who want to sit should go to the middle/front, we are all OUFC!

I do get annoyed though by those who insist on standing three rows from the front because ‘that’s the seats they got’ when me and my son can’t see as a consequence. Either go to the back or just sit down (please).

What a f*****g pain in the a**e it was today with fans wanting their allocated seats! Lots of fans were sat in seats which weren’t theirs, so if you move one lot of fans one you need to move other we.g. Domino effect.

I just wish when we buy these away tickets we could choose our seats and for there to be a dedicated singing section.

These anal day tripper fans who insist on sitting on their allocated seat as if they choose it is extremely frustrating.

What a f*****g pain in the a**e it was today with fans wanting their allocated seats! Lots of fans were sat in seats which weren’t theirs, so if you move one lot of fans one you need to move other we.g. Domino effect.

I just wish when we buy these away tickets we could choose our seats and for there to be a dedicated singing section.

These anal day tripper fans who insist on sitting on their allocated seat as if they choose it is extremely frustrating.

Afraid I have to agree. I wanted to find my seat to avoid issues but when I saw it was taken I moved to a vacant seat nearby. Lots of families (who generally don't seem to turn up to the Accrington / Doncaster / non-London away games) turned up getting antsy because they couldn't sit at the middle of our section towards the back. Where the standing, signing fans tend to sit...

Ability to choose would have removed awkwardness and safety issues (if there are any) associated with being in aisles.

Alternatively, safe standing and allow people to exercise some common sense.

Afraid I have to agree. I wanted to find my seat to avoid issues but when I saw it was taken I moved to a vacant seat nearby. Lots of families (who generally don't seem to turn up to the Accrington / Doncaster / non-London away games) turned up getting antsy because they couldn't sit at the middle of our section towards the back. Where the standing, signing fans tend to sit...

Ability to choose would have removed awkwardness and safety issues (if there are any) associated with being in aisles.

Alternatively, safe standing and allow people to exercise some common sense.

I agree the only way to resolve the issue for games like this is to allow seat selection rather than random distribution. It can’t be that difficult to administer.

Having said that, I do not think referring to fans as “Anal Day trippers” who don’t turn to Accrington or Doncaster etc etc is particularly constructive.

We are all fans and we were all fantastic yesterday.

This business of “fan entitlement” and “superiority” starts to wear a bit thin and it really doesn’t help.

I don't think people necessarily want to sit in THEIR seats, but families in particular, do want to sit together. A bit of common sense on all parts is needed.

And so do groups of friends who may have travelled together, but didn’t have the chance to book their seats together.

Like you say, a bit of common sense!

Arrived early with my young family to take up our seats fairly close to the seg.

A friendly steward approached us and let us know that if we had any problems in our seating he would try and move us to the front.

Kids enjoyed the game as did the stone island clad rabble in front and nearby who positioned themselves out of the way of little ones line of sight and behaved well enough (y). Proof we can all get along together..

@bashamwonderland my young family have been to: Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Pompey, Rotherham, Walsall, Mk Dons and Newcastle away games this season. I'm sorry if this bothers you but when you grow up you will realise that the world does not revolve around OUFC and you have to make priorities about which games you can get to.

Do uou mean anal or annual?

Arrived early with my young family to take up our seats fairly close to the seg.

A friendly steward approached us and let us know that if we had any problems in our seating he would try and move us to the front.

Kids enjoyed the game as did the stone island clad rabble in front and nearby who positioned themselves out of the way of little ones line of sight and behaved well enough (y). Proof we can all get along together..

@bashamwonderland my young family have been to: Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Pompey, Rotherham, Walsall, Mk Dons and Newcastle away games this season. I'm sorry if this bothers you but when you grow up you will realise that the world does not revolve around OUFC and you have to make priorities about which games you can get to.

Amazed that you took my comment that personally considering I don't know you from Adam.

Not too sure how representative this was but I was sat in the row behind the disabled area and next to one of the exits to the concourse. Every minute or so some fans would come in and decide to stand in the disabled area or in a walkway and then the stewards would move them on. As there weren’t any obstructed views and we were so far up it didn’t really matter. And the stewards didn’t seem too bothered about standing either.

Also I had a new football snack called a chicken stack. On the menu it was I think a breaded chicken breast fillet with potato rosti, lettuce, cheese and salsa in a brioche bun.

The reality was a bit disappointing for a fiver.
696bb2b1dfb8af1d26180bf7a603bbb8.jpg

Last edited:
Not too sure how representative this was but I was sat in the row behind the disabled area and next to one of the exits to the concourse. Every minute or so some fans would come in and decide to stand in the disabled area or in a walkway and then the stewards would move them on. As there weren’t any obstructed views and we were so far up it didn’t really matter. And the stewards didn’t seem too bothered about standing either.

Also I had a new football snack called a chicken stack. On the menu it was I think a breaded chicken breast fillet with potoato rosti, lettuce, cheese and salsa in a brioche bun.

The breaded chicken looks utterly cremated.

Also I had a new football snack called a chicken stack. On the menu it was I think a breaded chicken breast fillet with potoato rosti, lettuce, cheese and salsa in a brioche bun.

Looks fowl?

Your "travelling picnic" always looks nicer. (y)

Back
Top Bottom