Allocated seats??

They obviously can't sell tickets for people wanting to stand as that is against ground regulations. But if they couldn't let you choose a seat or seats (and I can see why that might be awkward - at an away ground, large ticket uptake, short timescale) surely they could have sold them from the back forwards ('for those who want to sing' nudge, nudge) and from the front backwards for ('for those of a quieter disposition' nudge nudge) or something similar.

Should allocate the singing section as standing if you know what I mean!

Is it to much to ask for some common sense at the end of the day we didn’t choose are seats we had no choice where we got put but some seats are not suitable for some people WHY CANT WE SIT WHERE WE WANT ?

It’s soo frustrating at away matches when the day trippers go!!

Sit where you want is fine when you are taking 700 away but have 2000 away capacity.

As we were given 5250 allocation then chances are there will be room to manoeuvre. That said, I think those who wish to sit in their allotted seats should be able to do so without any issue (me included).

For those who don’t want to sit in their allocated seat, fine, you’ll just have to be prepared to be moved along on occasion.

Interestingly am told apart from being in the gods is quiet steep
Why would any one want to stand with these scenarios

Outcome of emails to deputy safety officer at NUFC is as following.
NUFC when sending out tickets give instructions on how to sell. So, they (OUFC) or us should have had that conversation at the time of purchase.

Now, I have no wish to criticise or have a go at anyone here but, as OUFC operate an on-line ticketing system which does not ask questions (or permit questions to be asked of it) that was never going to happen. What happens is quite simple, so many tickets are sold, so many tickets go into envelopes and posted. More than that and you require an army of folk to sort through everything. Never going to happen.
What should happen is that, at the bare minimum, the choice of block should be given. Or, lets say left, right, middle, lower half, upper half.

Anyway, I have an assurance that if our seats prove to be unsuitable (or as NUFC put it, not suitable enough) they will endeavour to relocate us.

I have thanked him for his time and mentioned that there might be a few more like myself and Mrs Lounger who may wish to avail themselves of his generous offer! ?

Had another update from the Deputy Safety Officer. He is advising stewards that some of us may not be best pleased with our "allocated" seats. They will do what they can to assist so, be nice and ask a steward if you have a problem. I know we all have experiences of some poor stewarding but hopefully we can persevere and enjoy ourselves.
I'm actually impressed that they have bothered to respond and in a positive manner.

Back
Top Bottom