Allocated seats??

OxfordNondie

Let's come to an agreement now
For the Newcastle game do we sit in our allocated seat?

We’ve got 5,240 seats and so far have sold 3600 so no we don’t. Stand where you like as there’s plenty of space. Different story if it’s a sell out which it won’t be

We’ve got 5,240 seats and so far have sold 3600 so no we don’t. Stand where you like as there’s plenty of space. Different story if it’s a sell out which it won’t be
It doesn't mean.that they will let you sit anywhere in the stand.
Blackpool are experts at cramming all of the supporters into part of the away end so that people cant sit together even though half of the end is empty!!

It will be interesting to see , what the way they do this ... But as I said elsewhere we are small fry , to what they have as a norm. So let’s hope they are nice northern chaps and let you sit where you like....??

Unless you apply the same principle at Grenoble road, go to or sit or stand at your seat and then see how things go..

Last edited:
Sneaked in under the "Under 12`s offer".............

"Please note that tickets are reserved for particular seats and fans are required to sit in their numbered seat or risk ejection from the ground. "

This is just so unfair on those who will be unable to stand or do not wish to be "amongst" the singers etc. We now know that our seats are at the very top of the middle block, prime candidates for standing and singers.
We were given no choice in where are seats would be located. If we are then to be subjected to a steward insisting that we take up our "allocated" seats, they better be ready for a damn good argument if we are unable to see the game.

This does not happen at other entertainment venues, it does not happen at Wembley games, it would never be tolerated at most venues outside of football. Why then are we treated as second class citizens and pushed around like cattle? It's not even as if NUFC had limited capacity.

It is high time this practice was ended. At the very least, there could be a choice of areas, one for those who wish to congregate, sing etc. and others for those who simply wish to use the seat for sitting on. As it stands, there will be, without doubt, issues with supporters wanting to take up seats in other sections, the later arrivals coming in from the pubs will want to stay together, families with children/youngsters will want a safe environment. And, on that subject, where exactly are these "kids for a quid" going to be seated? Has anyone given any thought to their safety?

I don't mind allocated seating but, I will choose where that allocated seat is to be, not some random selection at the time of posting.

This is just so unfair on those who will be unable to stand or do not wish to be "amongst" the singers etc. We now know that our seats are at the very top of the middle block, prime candidates for standing and singers.
We were given no choice in where are seats would be located. If we are then to be subjected to a steward insisting that we take up our "allocated" seats, they better be ready for a damn good argument if we are unable to see the game.

This does not happen at other entertainment venues, it does not happen at Wembley games, it would never be tolerated at most venues outside of football. Why then are we treated as second class citizens and pushed around like cattle? It's not even as if NUFC had limited capacity.

It is high time this practice was ended. At the very least, there could be a choice of areas, one for those who wish to congregate, sing etc. and others for those who simply wish to use the seat for sitting on. As it stands, there will be, without doubt, issues with supporters wanting to take up seats in other sections, the later arrivals coming in from the pubs will want to stay together, families with children/youngsters will want a safe environment. And, on that subject, where exactly are these "kids for a quid" going to be seated? Has anyone given any thought to their safety?

I don't mind allocated seating but, I will choose where that allocated seat is to be, not some random selection at the time of posting.
well said @Manorlounger

Talk to a steward as they may have no problem if you can find a likely number who will be willing to swap or just do it without telling them.

They obviously can't sell tickets for people wanting to stand as that is against ground regulations. But if they couldn't let you choose a seat or seats (and I can see why that might be awkward - at an away ground, large ticket uptake, short timescale) surely they could have sold them from the back forwards ('for those who want to sing' nudge, nudge) and from the front backwards for ('for those of a quieter disposition' nudge nudge) or something similar.

Talk to a steward as they may have no problem if you can find a likely number who will be willing to swap or just do it without telling them.
Exactly this. Stay in your allocated seats until 2:55 then swop with someone appropriate. A free-for-all to begin with will just cause issues.

Personally think allocated seating at away games is completely illogical. People often buy tickets separately to their friends, so their allocated seats are nowhere near each other. Are all those people expected to sit on their own? You also have the problem that different people watch the game in different ways. Some like to stand and sing, others like to sit. Expecting those people to be amongst each other is evidently a recipe for disaster.

Let people sit/stand where they want and there is no problem

Said time and again, that for big interest matches like this, there must a way for OUFC to identify say 250 seats that are together. And keep them to one side as a "singing section". And you have to ring up for them (unless at short notice, the website can be edited to allow you to pick singing section)

Other clubs do this or I noticed the other day that for away games, Derby provide an order of blocks for how they will be selling their allocation.

I know the Newcastle game was relatively short notice but for the future it must be worth considering if the home club decides they're going to enforce allocated seat.

Interestingly at Doncaster, whilst you had a "allocated seat" on your ticket, upon arrival stewards were confirming it was sit anywhere.

I agree with manor lounger until such time that you can choose at a minimum the block that you are allocated into, it is wrong to force people to sit where they have been randomly allocated.

Exactly what we have done in the past. Walsall worked very well, but they changed from allocated to sit where you want when they realised what a nice bunch of people we OUFC supporters were really!
Some stewards are really good and others well, we've all met them at some time or another!

Exactly what we have done in the past. Walsall worked very well, but they changed from allocated to sit where you want when they realised what a nice bunch of people we OUFC supporters were really!
Some stewards are really good and others well, we've all met them at some time or another!
Basically at Walsall they gave up, asked if we had tickets we said totes and carried on walking and sat where wanted to.

I am now exchanging emails with NUFC, in particular their deputy safety officer and steward trainer! He's asked for my seat number. So, either we will be greeted and moved or told to sling our hook and never darken their doors again!
Watch this space for updates!

Back
Top Bottom