General All things Retro

Shoot, League Ladders, Subbuteo - all fantastic memories. Then there was Logacta, the chart soccer game played with dice. Hours and hours of rolling dice and entering scores into the chart soccer book. Sounds so boring but was blooming brilliant.

Shoot, League Ladders, Subbuteo - all fantastic memories. Then there was Logacta, the chart soccer game played with dice. Hours and hours of rolling dice and entering scores into the chart soccer book. Sounds so boring but was blooming brilliant.
Sounds right up my street, wonder if it still around

I don't know Logacta, but used to play a dice game where you'd roll two dice to get the score (5 and 6 were nil) and create your own FA or World cup. More time was spent drawing out the teams and writing them in the book than actually getting the results.

Did the same with cricket, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 were all scoring shots, 5 was out. You'd then roll again to get the method of dismissal etc. Sure there was a game called 'howzat' which made it more formal, but the principle was the same.

Also worked for tennis, but only around Wimbledon. Roll the dice until one gets a 6 to win a set. 6 6 lead to a tiebreak!

Along with Final Fantasy books, a few dice were all you needed on a wet weekend!!

Here is some info about Logacta - the adverts for it were normally found in Shoot magazine. Although you can now get Excel based versions of the game on ebay for about a fiver, original boxed editions of the game can fetch around £200.

Final Fantasy books
Fighting Fantasy books? I remember having this one...

1464329.jpg

Football Monthly was a great magazine and I still have quite a few stashed away.
I used to love playing the board game Wembley.
I’m also going to dig my old football Rattle out for the playoffs ?

Yep, subbuteo did both cricket and rugby, but both were pretty rubbish
I had the rugby one (my dad was a rugby fan, so he bought it for us) - played it very seldom.
I seem to remember a large green plastic thing into which you dropped the ball for a scrum. It would randomly trickle out of one of the holes.
As you say - rubbish.

1593432062400.jpeg

Had hours of fun playing this, still got it somewhere in the loft with original box.

Shoot - and those wonderful push out league ladders they did each season
Whoah....I sent in a letter once and it got me star billing as “letter of the week”, I think i got some dosh/voucher as well. It was about some funny banter behind the goal with a Charlton goalkeeper Charlie/Carlo something or other I think, I remember he had a big droopy moustache.

54921D0B-B417-4106-BDF9-4CD1296E64C2.jpeg
I had the rugby one (my dad was a rugby fan, so he bought it for us) - played it very seldom.
I seem to remember a large green plastic thing into which you dropped the ball for a scrum. It would randomly trickle out of one of the holes.
As you say - rubbish.

I had the Billy Hamilton board game...

pic78201.jpg

attic-billy-hamilton-02.jpg

That's definitely Kevin Brock in the middle with the trophy haha8

The motorcycle I always wanted as a kid:
RD350LC.png
The motorcycle I've now got as a Big Kid:
RD900LC.png

1593447426633.jpeg

Anyone else have one of these little beauties?

60 mph flat out, down hill, with wind behind!

Happy Days:)

GP 200 Electronic - the last of the Italian/Innocenti made Lambrettas ... design by Bertone ( now Ferrari's chief design engineer) a thing of beauty and a dream machine when I was a young teenager

280ece18f83eebf1fb591d1521639022.jpg

Late Rally 200 electronic Vespa .... another dream machine when I was a young teenager , finally owned one ( same as below) in the late 80s

unnamed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom