All six loan players now fit.

Witney Wag

Well now we have all six loan players fit according to SD and only Hall and Obika out, there should be no excuses for not seeing a marked improvement in our play. We now have a squad of players that in most cases were brought into the club by KR and I expect to see us move fairly quickly out of the bottom four, in fact we should be mid table by Christmas. No more excuses Karl.

Well now we have all six loan players fit according to SD and only Hall and Obika out, there should be no excuses for not seeing a marked improvement in our play. We now have a squad of players that in most cases were brought into the club by KR and I expect to see us move fairly quickly out of the bottom four, in fact we should be mid table by Christmas. No more excuses Karl.
can only name 5 in a starting 11 ...and need to be 'careful' with substitutions involving loanees

Not too bothered about our play far more the results.
Mid table by Christmas? That is very confident. IF that happened we would have a good chance of Play offs as half way will probably be what 3 to 6 points from.the play offs?

Not too bothered about our play far more the results.
Mid table by Christmas? That is very confident. IF that happened we would have a good chance of Play offs as half way will probably be what 3 to 6 points from.the play offs?

Well the number of games we have lost by the odd goal and KR making remarks such as the injury crisis and we were by far the better team along with we have a number of strikers to choose from, would suggest to me that now they are all fit, we will win far more games than we lose. Is that not possible now he has a full squad to pick from? We have some bloody good players at the club who should be able to stamp their authority on the games now they are fit, so come on KR no more excuses please.

Well the number of games we have lost by the odd goal and KR making remarks such as the injury crisis and we were by far the better team along with we have a number of strikers to choose from, would suggest to me that now they are all fit, we will win far more games than we lose. Is that not possible now he has a full squad to pick from? We have some bloody good players at the club who should be able to stamp their authority on the games now they are fit, so come on KR no more excuses please.
A lot if that is true but on the basis that we have won two games all season expecting Promotion form from.now to Christmas I think is a little ambitious!
I personally will be relieved when we get out of the bottom.4.

A lot if that is true but on the basis that we have won two games all season expecting Promotion form from.now to Christmas I think is a little ambitious!
I personally will be relieved when we get out of the bottom.4.

Never mentioned promotion, just a mid table position by Christmas, after all KR believes that his squad are in a false position. Burton are mid table with 14 points we are on 9 so just 5 points adrift. It is achievable if we believe our manager and his excuses as to we are better than the table shows. Just saying a decent run will see us move up the table and with a fit squad it’s expected. Or am I just dreaming?

Personally I just want to see a run of games from now onwards in which we win more than we lose.
That may sound obvious, but I tend to look at the difference between the number of games won and the number lost.
You are pretty much guaranteed to be mid table if you balance those two stats.

Massive week imo if we can’t beat Bristol Rover or Shrewsbury over the next 3 games we are in massive sh:t, so far we’ve beaten a very poor Plymouth side along with a below average Burton, both shrews & rovers are struggling like us & we need to put a run decent run of results together now to get out of this mess we’ve put ourselves in

Never mentioned promotion, just a mid table position by Christmas, after all KR believes that his squad are in a false position. Burton are mid table with 14 points we are on 9 so just 5 points adrift. It is achievable if we believe our manager and his excuses as to we are better than the table shows. Just saying a decent run will see us move up the table and with a fit squad it’s expected. Or am I just dreaming?

I hope the management and squad don’t have the same “mid-table by Christmas” target.

Win tomorrow, that’s all that matters today. And then we reassess.

I hope the management and squad don’t have the same “mid-table by Christmas” target.

Win tomorrow, that’s all that matters today. And then we reassess.
I totally agree with that.
One win and talking of mid table.
Although players are now fit, Browne Eastwood and Carruthers especially the latter two have just got over pretty long injuries so will take a little time to get match fit.
Let's get something from today's game then we have a very tough game at Charlton.

If we are still in the bottom four by Christmas we will struggle to stay up. All this crap one game at a time is not the way. 8 points from 5 games is a better option. It worked under Appleton. I don’t believe a mid table position at Christmas is unachievable and should be a measure as to KR staying or going.

@Witney Wag is putting an unrealistic target of mid table by Christmas just so he can shoot us down if we don't achieve it.

I'd take 5 points from the next 3 games and build a little momentum, and become harder to beat. Anything more will be a very welcome bonus.

@Witney Wag is putting an unrealistic target of mid table by Christmas just so he can shoot us down if we don't achieve it.

I'd take 5 points from the next 3 games and build a little momentum, and become harder to beat. Anything more will be a very welcome bonus.

Of course it’s not unrealistic, look at the table. We can and should be out of the bottom four and mid table. It’s supporters like you that accept all the excuses. Why do you think it’s unrealistic? You state you would be happy for 5 points from the next three games, which would be great, 10 from the next 6 games will see us in and around the lower half of mid table. Your 5 points from 3 games completely throws your argument out of the window.

WW does have a point. KR has made the point of lots of players being injured as one of his main reasons for us being near the bottom (along with some other dodgy excuses). Now practically all are fit - most other clubs probably now have more injured players than us. Therefore it's reasonable to think KR will now get the team winning more games than we lose.

Our run of fixtures up to the end of November is: Rovers, Charlton, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Gillingham, Bradford & Rochdale. All in the bottom half, except Charlton who are only11th.
I can't see any other team having an easier set of fixtures than that.

We've got to be aiming for around 12 points from those 7 games, which would put us on 21 points from 20 matches... and lower mid table by end of November.

WW does have a point. KR has made the point of lots of players being injured as one of his main reasons for us being near the bottom (along with some other dodgy excuses). Now practically all are fit - most other clubs probably now have more injured players than us. Therefore it's reasonable to think KR will now get the team winning more games than we lose.

Our run of fixtures up to the end of November is: Rovers, Charlton, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Gillingham, Bradford & Rochdale. All in the bottom half, except Charlton who are only11th.
I can't see any other team having an easier set of fixtures than that.

We've got to be aiming for around 12 points from those 7 games, which would put us on 21 points from 20 matches... and lower mid table by end of November.
I think 21 points from 20 games would put you just above the relegation zone.

Rochdale are currently 16th with 13 from 13... so should be around 14th-16th... lower mid table.

Exactly my point. It’s very doable and a fair measurement of our managers ability as to taking a team from the bottom two to a safer position. He talks the talk lets see if he can walk the walk. Previous clubs he has managed means nothing in our situation.

Rochdale are currently 16th with 13 from 13... so should be around 14th-16th... lower mid table.
But the further into the season a team goes averaging a point a game, the lower they will drop until 46 from 46 gets you relegated.
So I think 21 from 20 is unlikely to be mid-table, lower or not.

Back
Top Bottom