All Charlton ain't we?

Someone'll have to explain this one to me. He did buy a club that competed against us this season.

Do we normally go out of our way to take the pee out of an opposition chairman? Especially when he has helped this club financially in the past and helped the fans trust quite significantly and is a fan of Oxford United. I don't remember SD doing anything to get the ire on here unlike Charles for instance.

Sunderland threw more money at this league than any team has ever done, yet got the square root of sod all as a result. There has been an arrogance and lack of class from their fans from day one, and often expected to only have to turn up and turn over their lesser opposition.

We were probably guilty of it in our first conference season and got no sympathy, so Sunderland will get no sympathy from me.

SD has been someone who helped us when we needed it the most. I'll always be grateful for that. BUT, he chose to put his backing behind one of our competitors. I wouldn't want to see him lose his investment, but equally I have no interest in seeing him succeed with a club I care nothing for.

Charlie on the other hand deserves little, and as childish as it may be, I did smile at his misfortune.

Next season will be very interesting and I'd imagine the asking price for Sunderland AFC has just dropped quite significantly.

I too cant see why anybody would gave a go at SD. Seems a really good guy and has helped oufc for years.

Agreed but I have not stopped laughing yet given some of the arrogance of their fans. Mind you, similar to us when we slipped into the conference, we soon had a harsh lesson.

I have complete respect for SD, as for CM well he is a tw@t!

interesting stat re L1 play off final

(source BBC sport)
The past 17 years the team that has scored first in the third tier play-off final has gone up.

18years now, just at the wrong end [emoji23][emoji23]

Stadium of Light again next season. Dear oh dear. Has to be said that is a massive failure for them.

Do we normally go out of our way to not take the pee out of opposition chairmen? Sounds a bit Shaun Harvey.

I don't remember people specifically going out of their way taking the pee out of Accrington's owner or Pompey's? Or Plymouth's owner specifically after they got relegated, maybe about the club but not the owner? I remember comments (good and bad) about other club's owners/chairman about decisions they've made, maybe you remember otherwise.

I don't remember people specifically going out of their way taking the pee out of Accrington's owner or Pompey's? Or Plymouth's owner specifically after they got relegated, maybe about the club but not the owner? I remember comments (good and bad) about other club's owners/chairman about decisions they've made, maybe you remember otherwise.

We don't specifically talk about 95% of the players, managers or chairman in the football league. But the other 5% have a link to our club, either having played/managed or supported, or through more negative means. It's inevitable that they will be subject to more discussions good or bad. Sunderland have warranted more posts this year than any other team because of the likes of SD, Charles and Maguire, but also because of the huge budget they had and the arrogance of many of their fans. It's hardly surprising that on the final day of league 1 and the playoff finals that comments will continue.

That tweet seems to be desperately searching for something that probably isn't there. That isn't his daughter or niece is it as she seems to have the same type nose as him?

At that point she nose the games up. He thinking Yellowsforum must be laughing at me.

That tweet seems to be desperately searching for something that probably isn't there. That isn't his daughter or niece is it as she seems to have the same type nose as him?

Looking at that nose I would say a cousin, a lot you can learn about people from noses ?.

It’s funny that they haven’t gone up given the huge egos involved from the board to the fan base, but at the same time it’s only Sunderland, ignore the ridiculous hype they built for themselves based on achievements a hundred years ago and they ain’t Man U, whatever they try to claim.

Back
Top Bottom