Ex Player Alfie Potter

They must be desperate.

As much as I loved his goal at Wembley. He wasn’t a league player imo. He had one good game in 100. His best game for us was at fratton Park. That’s about it.

His biggest problem i thought was making his mind up when it came to the final ball,shoot ,pass ,fallover

Not a great player.
However, until now, he rightly has cult status because of that goal. That cult status is about to become c**t status.

I’m sorry but there are certain players who should retain our respect despite playing for that lot.

I assume we should all hate Beauchamp too.

A decent, if a little inconsistent, winger who can win matches on his day. He’ll continue to do fine in L2, wherever he ends up.

Not a great player.
However, until now, he rightly has cult status because of that goal. That cult status is about to become c**t status.

Football players have bills to pay. Its so so rare a player chooses not to go to a rival. Its why Beano should be held in the highest possible regard.

That’s very big of you, given your support for Swindon.

(That’s a joke by the way!)

Couldn’t agree more. He gave his all while here. Swindon will be grateful that they have him for,now.

They must be desperate.

As much as I loved his goal at Wembley. He wasn’t a league player imo. He had one good game in 100. His best game for us was at fratton Park. That’s about it.
He had good game at Northampton, the midweek one, scored wind assisted/lucky goal from small angle. As usual, Wilder appreciated the performance of an opposing player and went on and signed him.

Good Friday 2010 Potter had his worst game for us away at Hayes and Yeading... the whole team were crap that day but he was worse... I vowed never to forgive him for that......and then came Wembley ??

Less important goal in the bigger picture but equally significant, 88th min winner v scum sept 2012 (as one of the 7 in a row!) .... footage misses the goal , but has the celebrations and the announcer proclaiming, Oxford Uniteds goal scorer , 88th minute , number 15 Alfie Potter ...a double legend IMO

Last edited:
Less important goal in the bigger picture but equally significant, 88th min winner v scum sept 2012 (as one of the 7 in a row!) .... footage misses the goal , but has the celebrations and the announcer proclaiming, Oxford Uniteds goal scorer , 88th minute , number 15 Alfie Potter ...a double legend IMO

Loved that goal. Two of the dopey buggers fell over and Beano nipped in to cross if for Alfie (if memory serves). Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom