Ex Player Alfie Potter

Some people do have a very strange way of looking at things ?

Agree, really surprised me this thread. What a bunch of softies. Can you imagine if someone had gone from West Ham to Millwall or Swansea to Cardiff? Yet we want to wish him the best of luck!
Shocked to be honest.
Is joey tainted by what’s he did? Of course he is. Good job he made up for it by being a great player. Unlike Potter who was s**t except at Wembley and Fratton Park.

Agree, really surprised me this thread. What a bunch of softies. Can you imagine if someone had gone from West Ham to Millwall or Swansea to Cardiff? Yet we want to wish him the best of luck!
Shocked to be honest.
Is joey tainted by what’s he did? Of course he is. Good job he made up for it by being a great player. Unlike Potter who was s**t except at Wembley and Fratton Park.
Enough talking out of your a**e. You obviously have no idea or perception of a good player. How many league games did he play in? If he was so bad, how come he managed to hold down a place in the team? Stop being so derogatory about a young man who gave a great deal to our club.

Some staggering comments here.

Alfie Potter is typical League 2 winger - good to great in patches but not consistent enough to make it much higher than that. If he had been exceptional then he would have been playing a lot higher but League 2 is and always will be his natural level. No shame in that at all and you can still enjoy a few memorable cup runs and the promotion pushes in your career.

To call him ‘s**t’ is fairly insulting. He managed 194 games and 28 goals for us. Plenty of players deserve the ‘s**t’ tag but Alfie Potter isn’t one them.

Last edited:
Some staggering comments here.

Alfie Potter is typical League 2 winger - good to great in patches but not consistent enough to make it much higher than that. If he had been exceptional then he would have been playing a lot higher but League 2 is and always will be his natural level. No shame in that at all and you can still enjoy a few memorable cup runs and the promotion pushes in your career.

To call him ‘s**t’ is fairly insulting. He managed 194 games and 28 goals for us. Plenty of players deserve the ‘shorn tag but Alfie Potter isn’t one them.

Ok, fair enough. That’s a well balanced summary.

Not the greatest.
BUT
Definitely NOT s**t.
Alfie’s fondly remembered, the name alone makes him unforgettable.

Last edited:
I remember going to Kettering away, stood on the slope (not even a terrace was it?!) and watching him absolutely tear us to shreds. Me and the old man both came away praying we'd sign him up the following summer, we did and the rest was history.

On his day we was a fantastic lower league winger, but like all lower league wingers that "day" wasn't very often. Still a threat going forward though and personally I really enjoyed watching him run at defenders, just didn't enjoy the final product so much :LOL:

I think this goal away at Burton is worth watching again too! (0:42)

I remember going to Kettering away, stood on the slope (not even a terrace was it?!) and watching him absolutely tear us to shreds. Me and the old man both came away praying we'd sign him up the following summer, we did and the rest was history.

On his day we was a fantastic lower league winger, but like all lower league wingers that "day" wasn't very often. Still a threat going forward though and personally I really enjoyed watching him run at defenders, just didn't enjoy the final product so much :LOL:

I think this goal away at Burton is worth watching again too! (0:42)

It’s when we signed him didn’t know what name to number shirt that Alfie had, so delved in to the archives and connecting his name with the number 7 short of the lettering player as you quite rightly said tore us to pieces...... I was chuffed

Shocked to be honest.

Joey B IMO is NOT tainted. He never wanted to leave, and came back leaving STFC with a £750,000 trading loss. IMO that makes Joey B, a bigger OUFC legend!

Shocked to be honest.
Who really cares about that stuff? Only 12 year olds and thickos at Millwall and the like. Joey was a great player, Alfie not so much, but we can still have good memories of him and wish him well, apart from when he's playing for Swindon.

Who really cares about that stuff? Only 12 year olds and thickos at Millwall and the like. Joey was a great player, Alfie not so much, but we can still have good memories of him and wish him well, apart from when he's playing for Swindon.

More like 48 year olds you’ll find.
Most 12 year olds would think SMHS is a form of texting.

Got no bones with Alfie making a living for himself. Doubt he made enough in his career to be sitting in a pool somewhere eating unicorn carpaccio for the rest of his days. Not gonna lie though, it will hurt a little to see him in a red shirt.

Got no bones with Alfie making a living for himself. Doubt he made enough in his career to be sitting in a pool somewhere eating unicorn carpaccio for the rest of his days. Not gonna lie though, it will hurt a little to see him in a red shirt.

If it makes it any easier, he’ll at least be playing in a smaller, child’s size red shirt.

Some people do have a very strange way of looking at things [emoji42]

Shocked to be honest.

Beauchamp had zero choice.
The club needed the transfer money otherwise the club would have gone bump.

Back
Top Bottom