Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

One swallow does not a summer make, but it's a very good start nonetheless - welcome Alex!

The more I think about this signing the more I’m excited to see him play. Maybe not as physical as Ledson, but looks very composed on the ball under pressure, and could be the best signing we make all summer.

Good work from the scouting team, and KR for getting the deal done early. Solid start to the window!

The more I think about this signing the more I’m excited to see him play. Maybe not as physical as Ledson, but looks very composed on the ball under pressure, and could be the best signing we make all summer.

Good work from the scouting team, and KR for getting the deal done early. Solid start to the window!
Putting Mousinho in that position was what stalled our horrible start to the season. Putting Kashi in there was what led to the start of our fantastic run towards the end of the season.

I'm not surprised if Karl maybe thought it was the priority position to fill this summer.

Distance covered is usually an indication how hard working a player is. In 2014/15 premier league season the top average distance was 12 Km with most of the others in a top 10 covering around 11Km a game.

For defensive midfield player to cover 13km a game is impressive at it shows how hard they work usually off the ball with pressing and getting back to cover other players. It is usually a stat that goes unnoticed amongst fans as they may not actually see as much of the ball as say your wingers or attackers but it is essential for a team to have that player in the side.

What sort of distances would Man City or Liverpool cover?

What sort of distances would Man City or Liverpool cover?
A high number I would think.
One of the things that Pep wanted for example was for Aguero to work a lot harder.
I did see some stats but cant find them. Suggesting that since Pep arrived, Aguero runs a lot more - closing down and defending from the front.

Back to Gorrin, he looks to have a lot of potential .
One slight concern that I have is how many suspensions he could incur.
In today's football (and refereeing), his style of play appears to mean that he could get a number of bookings and sending offs.
To be fair Ledson did pretty well on that front whilst he was here (not so well at Preston), and lets hope Gorrin doesn't miss too many games

Back
Top Bottom