Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

My understanding is that Cadden has been given the weekend to consider his options, but that the offer we've made has been accepted by Motherwell, and personal terms are at the top end of whta he could get elsewhere. I would think that it is still looking very likely that we will have the deal tied up early next week. Fosu is 50/50 at the moment, and will become clearer next week. Sadly no guarantees with either deal, but not through lack of trying.

My understanding is that Cadden has been given the weekend to consider his options, but that the offer we've made has been accepted by Motherwell, and personal terms are at the top end of whta he could get elsewhere. I would think that it is still looking very likely that we will have the deal tied up early next week. Fosu is 50/50 at the moment, and will become clearer next week. Sadly no guarantees with either deal, but not through lack of trying.
Your not so bullish now about these players, I would like to see these 3 and others come through the door and hope they do, but it's always the last hurdle of personal terms that it can unravel, the agents will try and get the best deal for their "client" and maybe punt the players name out there for a better deal, two out of these three would be good, to get all three would probably mean the money men have chucked a bit extra at it that will then set a precedent.

Your not so bullish now about these players, I would like to see these 3 and others come through the door and hope they do, but it's always the last hurdle of personal terms that it can unravel, the agents will try and get the best deal for their "client" and maybe punt the players name out there for a better deal, two out of these three would be good, to get all three would probably mean the money men have chucked a bit extra at it that will then set a precedent.
Agents will try to get the best deal for their clients, because they take a percentage.
I’d be surprised if study gave a s**t about their clients long term future.
Hope Fosu chooses a 2 or 3 year deal here over a 1 year deal with Charlton. It seems they didn’t want him until they thought they might lose money.

Bullish? I still think we've got a great chance of picking up the three players mentioned. One is already on board. The two others have been offered deals and are weighing up their options. I'd be amazed if Chris Cadden is not announced early next week and Fosu follows soon after. I've never said that they definitely will happen, but dismiss the idea that just because they haven't signed then that somehow means that nothing is happening!

Bullish? I still think we've got a great chance of picking up the three players mentioned. One is already on board. The two others have been offered deals and are weighing up their options. I'd be amazed if Chris Cadden is not announced early next week and Fosu follows soon after. I've never said that they definitely will happen, but dismiss the idea that just because they haven't signed then that somehow means that nothing is happening!
I think you make it up as you go along.
Some of your quotes, CC 95% certain, exceptionally likely, announced in the next day or so, very likely, next week.
Fosu, very likely, 50/50.

Time to take a breath and let things happen either way, I know as you said you might know more than most of us, but you don't have to post the first thing that comes into your head as people realise there is something happening it's the transfer window.

I think you make it up as you go along.
Some of your quotes, CC 95% certain, exceptionally likely, announced in the next day or so, very likely, next week.
Fosu, very likely, 50/50.

Time to take a breath and let things happen either way, I know as you said you might know more than most of us, but you don't have to post the first thing that comes into your head as people realise there is something happening it's the transfer window.

What on earth is wrong with the guy being optimistic and hopeful...? God knows we could do with all the positivity we can get on here!

If heaven forfend these players DON’T sign, I assure you it won’t be because some fans on an internet forum tempted fate!

What on earth is wrong with the guy being optimistic and hopeful...? God knows we could do with all the positivity we can get on here!

If heaven forfend these players DON’T sign, I assure you it won’t be because some fans on an internet forum tempted fate!
I've no issue with him being full of sunlight and bluebirds (it must be nice), but I don’t like the way he derides anyone who doesn’t share his view.

Last edited by a moderator:

As OY said. We all have opinions and want the best, but some posters seem to think theirs is the only view what counts, I really hope we do get all three and others as not many teams do get everyone they want.

I’ll take the bait. I play as a striker and have done for twenty years. I make a lot of runs that I know I’ll never get the ball but I take a center back and full back with me and create pockets of space: If I stood still there’d be no attack.

Equally I press the center backs a lot but rarely get a tackle in. However I force them to play the ball early and to the full backs . Which helps.

Are you Hilton? ?

Are you Hilton? ?

I would be more of a fans favorite obviously for the following reasons:

- kissing the badge even if it wasn’t relevant
- starting oxford fans interest in quince, les Ferdinand’s chopper, and posh spices bits
- all my goals would be s**t, bizarre but heartfelt
- Swindon baiting
- always quoting the dot counters in post match interviews and dedicating goals to them
- telling Jerome post match that I wasn’t at the game today even if I started

I would be more of a fans favorite obviously for the following reasons:

- kissing the badge even if it wasn’t relevant
- starting oxford fans interest in quince, les Ferdinand’s chopper, and posh spices bits
- all my goals would be s**t, bizarre but heartfelt
- Swindon baiting
- always quoting the dot counters in post match interviews and dedicating goals to them
- telling Jerome post match that I wasn’t at the game today even if I started

Will you attempt a shot in any circumstance?

Even if you’ve got your back to goal, are in your own six-yard box, have broken both legs and the game actually finished two days earlier?

How do you know?

Will you attempt a shot in any circumstance?

Even if you’ve got your back to goal, are in your own six-yard box, have broken both legs and the game actually finished two days earlier?

I see Nick Cusack was one of your early artistic influences

Thanks to you, I’ve just found out that Nick Cusack is now 53 years old. And thus begins a Sunday morning existential crisis.
Well try to remember that even if he was in the middle of it, young Nicholas would still have missed Sunday

All the talk is about midfielders and a potential right back. Where is the talk about a centre back. Nelson needs replacement badly. But very little sign of an offer or interest anywhere. The one possibility (Jason Pierce?) seems to have disappeared from the scene.

Or have I missed something!

All the talk is about midfielders and a potential right back. Where is the talk about a centre back. Nelson needs replacement badly. But very little sign of an offer or interest anywhere. The one possibility (Jason Pierce?) seems to have disappeared from the scene.
Go on transfer thread. Centre back linked today.

Very little talk in the media.
That doesn't mean that something isn't close.
It would be good to have a couple of signings out of the blue!

U missed it, being linked with Wilson today in the papers, have reportedly spoken to Pearce at charlton, both left footed centre backs. Also seen a few others like beavers mentioned but probably on to high a wage demands

Back
Top Bottom