Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

We need a first choice wide left as well, don't we? (At least)

Hall/Fosu.

Hanson I can see as providing competition for DM/RB spot. In fairness he did alright at FGR playing RB and thought he was looking much more assured at DM towards the end of the season. Maybe he became a victim of the rumoured large price tag and disjointed team we had at the start of the season.

Including Gorrin, how many players do you think we need for a decent sized squad to challenge this year, compared to how many will realistically come in?

As injuries showed last year, we were light on numbers at times.
No I agree that we need more players clearly.
It looks like KR is targeting a right back, CB. 2 more wide men and a striker (or 2)
With regard to the numbers I guess that we have to hope that some of the youngsters coming through (a year older) will be able to play more games next season (Jones, Stevens, Spasov, Lopez, Heap)

Hall/Fosu.

Hanson I can see as providing competition for DM/RB spot. In fairness he did alright at FGR playing RB and thought he was looking much more assured at DM towards the end of the season. Maybe he became a victim of the rumoured large price tag and disjointed team we had at the start of the season.
Fosu hasn't signed (yet!?). I really hope Hall comes back strongly, but given the injuries he's had and his lack of any meaningful amount of football for a long time, I wouldn't be relying on him. If Fosu (or another first choice wide player) signs, then that will help as Hall can be given limited minutes to start with as he gets back to match fitness and regains his confidence.

No I'm going on past history, last season we set out an array of targets to end up disappointed and scrabbling around to fill the squad, a bit of a mess with players coming in that were disappointing and results reflected that until the January window.
We have had 3 players quite publicly linked to us, to get all 3 would be a great achievement.

That's because the targets were ridiculous like Mulumbu and Hoolahan. This year they're more sensible.

That's because the targets were ridiculous like Mulumbu and Hoolahan. This year they're more sensible.
Were they not “paper talk” just like this season, the club are keeping some contract talks for new players quiet, but these 3 names either slipped through the net or were put out there to keep the fans interested, hopefully we do get our targets but not many clubs get all their main targets, last season was a mess hopefully lessons learned and business is done better.

Were they not “paper talk” just like this season, the club are keeping some contract talks for new players quiet, but these 3 names either slipped through the net or were put out there to keep the fans interested, hopefully we do get our targets but not many clubs get all their main targets, last season was a mess hopefully lessons learned and business is done better.

I mean those names came from Karl's mouth, so no.

As Robinson has said, this paper talk hasn't come from the club, and there is only so much we can control. Names haven't been banded about like previously, and there is a far greater professionalism about our conduct this year. The fact that these names are now in the press is an indication that deals are very much on the cards. Still no guarantees, but certainly a huge step forward from 12 months ago.

Why does it matter how far he runs? If it's all away from the ball it's useless
I’ll take the bait. I play as a striker and have done for twenty years. I make a lot of runs that I know I’ll never get the ball but I take a center back and full back with me and create pockets of space: If I stood still there’d be no attack.

Equally I press the center backs a lot but rarely get a tackle in. However I force them to play the ball early and to the full backs . Which helps.

I’ll take the bait. I play as a striker and have done for twenty years. I make a lot of runs that I know I’ll never get the ball but I take a center back and full back with me and create pockets of space: If I stood still there’d be no attack.

Equally I press the center backs a lot but rarely get a tackle in. However I force them to play the ball early and to the full backs . Which helps.

When can you start...?

I think you are slightly exaggerating your off the ball activity from what I remember. But you are right about your tackling!

Charlton have come back with a better contract offer for Fosu. Think that could break our chances.

Where’s that come from? I thought Bowyer staying increased our chances of landing him. We’ve gone from Cadden and Fosu appearing done deals to being unlikely very quickly...hopefully we get one or two new faces turn up today.

Input from my nephew who was physio at Wellington Phoenix until 2017. ‘Great kid when on the ball but can over complicate things. When he keeps it simple on the ball, he is class’
Sounds like a good signing, Mr Robinson. Look forward to seeing him play.
Hopefully he will be playing at Woking for the friendly as it’s just down the road from me

Charlton have come back with a better contract offer for Fosu. Think that could break our chances.

But he's not going to get much game time. It was reported that they're offering the contract in order to be able to get a transfer fee for him this summer. If he signs it, he'll still probably end up in League One on a loan.

Like with Nelson, if he rejects it and leaves on a free, he can probably get a bit more in wages at a club that hasn't had to spend the money to bring him in.

Back
Top Bottom