Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I'd like to see that stat proven to be honest. If he played in the Bundesliga he would have run the farthest by quite a distance last season:

So KR said that Gorrin averages 13k a game which he describes as phenomenal.
What does this mean in simple English??

Believe Brannagan was hitting 12k a game last season, essentially Premier League levels.

I'd like to see that stat proven to be honest. If he played in the Bundesliga he would have run the farthest by quite a distance last season:

Well TBF its 13 Scottish KM. Which (due to the cold) have shrunk quite a lot.

Amazing signing. Will be a real asset in a years time.

A big upgrade on Mousinho and Kashi

Both did a good job for us at the time but hopefully it’s an upgrade as you say

Very good signing & always a good sign when you hear previous clubs say he’ll be a big miss

Linked with Blackburn, Ipswich, Portsmouth & Aberdeen over this summer

Shosho, you normally know what you are talking about.
Why do you think a big upgrade on Kashi?

Many reasons!

Defensively better, better on the ball, at 25 is in his peak and will have good re-sale in a years time

Welcome to the club Alex. He had a big impact on the Motherwell team when he came in, and the club will have scouted him closely. A more sustainable player as defensive midfielder than Kashi or Mous would be.

Why does it matter how far he runs? If it's all away from the ball it's useless

Both did a good job for us at the time but hopefully it’s an upgrade as you say

Very good signing & always a good sign when you hear previous clubs say he’ll be a big miss

Linked with Blackburn, Ipswich, Portsmouth & Aberdeen over this summer
They can't compete with the big clubs!!!

Welcome aboard, sounds a very promising signing, let’s hope his mate follows............

I get what you are saying but for pressing when we havent got the ball, being able to run a long way presumably means that he is very fit .

Running distance stats are pants. I would expect all of our players to comfortably run 13km. If we insist on using running metrics, repeated sprints and specific pressure data is more worthwhile

Distance covered is usually an indication how hard working a player is. In 2014/15 premier league season the top average distance was 12 Km with most of the others in a top 10 covering around 11Km a game.

For defensive midfield player to cover 13km a game is impressive at it shows how hard they work usually off the ball with pressing and getting back to cover other players. It is usually a stat that goes unnoticed amongst fans as they may not actually see as much of the ball as say your wingers or attackers but it is essential for a team to have that player in the side.

Back
Top Bottom