Alan Flash Coleman

bazzer9461

God like member
Passed away yesterday just before kick off a life long fan.

RIP

RIP Alan

A Facebook post by Alan's daughter:

For those without Facebook:

Yesterday started off with me being nervous about whether or not Oxford would make it through to the final. I went round to watch the match with my dad Alan 'Flash' Coleman a life long Oxford fan. The man that got me into watching Oxford. Who I used to go to the Manor with and watch Oxford play week in week out. In recent years me and my dad have taken along my son who has also become a season ticket holder.

We have been through it all this season and we were looking forward to the boys finishing it off in style. I had put a post up of the figure on the roundabout wearing an Oxford scarf and he had commented on it just an hour and half before. I turned up ready to watch a nerve wracking match when my dad, my hero but had become unresponsive after having a little lie down after his dialysis session . Despite the paramedics attempts to save him our lovely, strong and amazing dad sadly passed away suddenly yesterday evening just after 5pm as Oxford were kicking off their match. He never got to see them win their penalty shootout and get to Wembley but we know he would be very proud of them.
Watching Oxford play was what he had looked forward to each week. He even made it to games when he has a dialysis session and feeling at his worst, I would pick him up and he would want to go straight to a game on the odd occasion a game happened on a weekday. Sitting near to the dugout in the south stand he enjoyed shouting at the lino when he couldn't see a blatant foul under their nose or a late offside flag. We used to laugh at Karl and how he was so passionate on the sidelines giving everyone a piece of his mind. Always managing to stand and clap the team off even though he found it a struggle some days win, lose or draw.

When I found they had got through to the final I was crying both happy and sad tears. It had been an emotional day and ended so bittersweet but I know my dad will be looking down on the team when they play in the final at Wembley. COYY
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

How utterly heart breaking. What should have been an exciting afternoon ended in tragedy.

That’s so sad, a lovely and moving post by his daughter which brought tears to my eyes, I’m sure he will be watching the final from up there and cheering the boys on.

sad news. condolences to the family and friends

I didn't know Alan, but I do recognise him. How absolutely tragic this is, and what a sense of perspective it gives about yesterday's result.

Am I the only one who read this and wished that Alan had been able to hang on just a couple more hours before passing away?

RIP

I didn't know Alan, but I do recognise him. How absolutely tragic this is, and what a sense of perspective it gives about yesterday's result.

Am I the only one who read this and wished that Alan had been able to hang on just a couple more hours before passing away?

RIP
I am sure we all wished that.

RIP Flash. He used to live in my road. We started calling him Flash after Colin Harrington who was our fast winger at the time. Later he was a photographer and the name stuck appropriately.
Our thoughts with all the family.

An update from the daughter, a lovely touch from the club. KR has gone out of his way to get in contact with her:

I have just been speaking to Karl Robinson on the phone to say how sorry they all were about dad. He was so lovely and also spoke to to my son and was so good with him then my 6 year old daughter wanted to speak to him even though she didn't really know who she was talking to!!!

Thought I couldn't love this club anymore than I currently do but Oxford United are more than just a football club they are part of the community and their connection with the fans is amazing ??
I really hope they can win on Monday night they deserve it so much!!!!

An update from the daughter, a lovely touch from the club. KR has gone out of his way to get in contact with her:

I have just been speaking to Karl Robinson on the phone to say how sorry they all were about dad. He was so lovely and also spoke to to my son and was so good with him then my 6 year old daughter wanted to speak to him even though she didn't really know who she was talking to!!!

Thought I couldn't love this club anymore than I currently do but Oxford United are more than just a football club they are part of the community and their connection with the fans is amazing ??
I really hope they can win on Monday night they deserve it so much!!!!

It was a lovely touch, and one that the club have been doing a lot recently. Someone I know lost his Dad during the first couple of weeks of the lockdown. Karl called on the morning of the funeral to offer his condolences.

I know he's not everyone's cuppa, but Karl has really bought into Oxford being a family and community club. We are doing so many things right at the moment, and Monday will be the icing on the cake.

Only just seen this after reading a comment on another thread.

Really sad reading this.

Such a shame another fellow yellow has passed away and at such a time too.

Lets hope the boys can get this one over the line for all of those who have passed having not seen the mighty yellows back in the championship.

RiP

COYY‘s

Great touch by the club as well..... these gestures really do matter, not only to the families but also to to all of us who want this club to shine on and off the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom