After today's games

It's crazy that only a few weeks ago some were worried that we'd have to get something from these last 2 games to survive. Now we are going into them as the form side who could potentially finish 8th!!

As @Sarge has said, why the hell not? Winning is a habit worth keeping over the summer and into next season.

Oh to f**k Luton’s party up.

???

It won’t happen but just imagine ...
Well, you don't know that. Burton away shouldn't be an easy game for them, and neither should their last game against us. If they were to only get two draws, and Portsmouth and Barnsley won their remaining games, Luton would finish third. Even if they won one and lost the other, two big wins for Barnsley could take them above Luton on goal difference. Just like Norwich, Luton really are making a meal of becoming champions.

It's crazy that only a few weeks ago some were worried that we'd have to get something from these last 2 games to survive. Now we are going into them as the form side who could potentially finish 8th!!

As @Sarge has said, why the hell not? Winning is a habit worth keeping over the summer and into next season.
7 games ago was Bradford at home,if wed have lost that we would've been just 1 point above them and second from bottom.

I think it would have been a pretty reasonable assessment by the some you speak of

I think it would have been a pretty reasonable assessment by the some you speak of

Not really. I predicted, on this site, in early March that we'd end the season in 12th position. OK, I'm an optimistic sort of person, but I was actually just looking at the form table, and over the previous 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 games we'd pretty consistently been above 12th in the form table. So yes, we'd had an awful start, but most people on here weren't looking at what other teams were doing, just at us. Not much of a surprise there, but the form table looks at everyone...and we were mostly doing better than half the division, even though we were still in and around the relegation zone.

Not really. I predicted, on this site, in early March that we'd end the season in 12th position. OK, I'm an optimistic sort of person, but I was actually just looking at the form table, and over the previous 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 games we'd pretty consistently been above 12th in the form table. So yes, we'd had an awful start, but most people on here weren't looking at what other teams were doing, just at us. Not much of a surprise there, but the form table looks at everyone...and we were mostly doing better than half the division, even though we were still in and around the relegation zone.

Not sure how any of that would make people unreasonable for thinking we were in a relegation scrap when embedded in the relegation zone after 36 / 46 games regardless of your own personal optimism

As I said, ALTHOUGH I'm optimistic, I relied on what the form tables were telling anyone who cared to consult them. That for the 30 games up to the beginning of March we were actually doing better than half the teams in our division. That's not optimism or opinion--that's fact. And I don't mean Donald Trump's version of "fact" either. Five games isn't much to base a prediction on, but 30 games is. So it seemed to me that we would be likely to keep that form going and work out way up the table. And that's just what happened. Of course, we could have had some major injuries, or got rid of Karl Robinson...but then that also could have happened to any of our rivals.

For what it's worth, over the past 30 games (from now) we've been averaging better than all but about 5 teams.

As I said, ALTHOUGH I'm optimistic, I relied on what the form tables were telling anyone who cared to consult them. That for the 30 games up to the beginning of March we were actually doing better than half the teams in our division. That's not optimism or opinion--that's fact. And I don't mean Donald Trump's version of "fact" either. Five games isn't much to base a prediction on, but 30 games is. So it seemed to me that we would be likely to keep that form going and work out way up the table. And that's just what happened. Of course, we could have had some major injuries, or got rid of Karl Robinson...but then that also could have happened to any of our rivals.

For what it's worth, over the past 30 games (from now) we've been averaging better than all but about 5 teams.
Sure. All good stuff. Don’t disagree with any of your optimism and analytics. Terrific.

As I say though, I think you’re stretching credibility to then suggest that people who thought we were in a relegation battle were unreasonable.

Your assessment was entirely predictive. There was obviously hope from those stats and it boded well. But nothing more. Because averaged over 36 games against other teams in the league we had verifiably proven ourselves to be a bottom four team.

I’ll leave it there. The good news is we are now flying and the threat is dissolve.

Our end of season run compromises the awful start to the season which would suggest our middle bit wasn’t play-off level!

Shows how huge that Bradford game was, when you add in the late winner plus all the drama it was one of those games where everything turned, that and Blackpool away gave us a bit of confidence and vital points, plus the momentum that all football teams thrive off.

what a relief going into that Luton game not having to worry about getting a result or other teams results affecting things.
pressure on them big time now, whereas we can go down to 10 men again and get the three points

Back
Top Bottom