After 10 games...

ZeroTheHero

At the start of the season I said that I thought 10 league games would be enough for us to get an idea or two about this team.

I now think I was wrong!

We've had very good and very poor performances.
We've come from behind to get results and we've thrown away winning positions.
We've played well and not won, played poorly and won, played badly and lost, played well and won by a hat full.
Sometimes the passing has been pinpoint, sometimes seemingly utterly random.
The only consistency is the inconsistency.

And all in only 10 games - I have absolutely no idea how we will do on Wednesday or on Saturday. It isn't dull though!

We are looking much better. Fosu looks a very good acquisition and some good signings have been made in the summer.
Hopefully Taylor will kick on from Saturday.
The next two games will surely be a good gauge where we are now.
West Ham after yesterday will probably rest a few players, so like you say anything could happen.
If we beat Gillingham on Saturday that will be a mark of progress, and of course we will still have played one game more away than at home. A good win at home after Saturday will make us all happy

At the start of the season I said that I thought 10 league games would be enough for us to get an idea or two about this team.

I now think I was wrong!

We've played well and not won, played poorly and won, played badly and lost, played well and won by a hat full.

And all in only 10 games - I have absolutely no idea how we will do on Wednesday or on Saturday. It isn't dull though!

Our pass accuracy is 75.2% which is 4th in the league. I think I’ve seen enough to say we will be top half minimum this season. And you can quote me on that ?

Well we are certainly well ahead of last season (not that that is saying much)
Last season was it 4 points in 11 games. This season 12 in 10.
I would be surprised if we dont improve quite a lot especially if Taylor stays fit.

PWDLFAWDLFAGD
19/2012Oxford United1021197123108412
18/1923Oxford United10104710023311-115

I would say better. ?

I now think I was wrong!

Win 6-0 Wednesday, lose 6-0 Saturday!

You heard it here first!!

Amid all the excitement in the aftermath of Saturday, I think it's easy to forget that that's our first away win of the season. Last year we didn't get that until the back end of February in Blackpool. Great to get that monkey off our back early.

I now think I was wrong!

Also played average in a kamikaze 3-3 draw where we only scored 1 goal.

Back
Top Bottom