Administration

I think you’re looking too deeply into his motivations. The fact of the matter is our owner is a chancer who has never had a plan from day 1. He can’t share what that plan is with us because he doesn’t know it. He makes it up as he goes along but is able to say to his big buddy mates that he is an owner of a football club. This is an ego trip plain and simple. The lack of organisation in the club is partly because of his absenteeism and that there is no-one capable or empowered to get things running on an even keel. Rudderless, drifting and without even the sense of a purpose - no wonder KR finds it difficult to attract players.

I think you’re looking too deeply into his motivations. The fact of the matter is our owner is a chancer who has never had a plan from day 1. He can’t share what that plan is with us because he doesn’t know it. He makes it up as he goes along but is able to say to his big buddy mates that he is an owner of a football club. This is an ego trip plain and simple. The lack of organisation in the club is partly because of his absenteeism and that there is no-one capable or empowered to get things running on an even keel. Rudderless, drifting and without even the sense of a purpose - no wonder KR finds it difficult to attract players.
I can see merit in this argument, but it brings us back to that eternal question: Why on earth did DE choose to sell to him over Sartori? That’s if, as people insist on here, Sartori was indeed a serious player.

I can see merit in this argument, but it brings us back to that eternal question: Why on earth did DE choose to sell to him over Sartori? That’s if, as people insist on here, Sartori was indeed a serious player.

3 reasons.

1) Money
2) Money
3) Money

Tiger offered the best package. DE selling in the ‘best interests of the club’ was either a flat out lie or he too was drawn in by the snake oil Tiger was selling. I think the Sartori bid was real but it was a pragmatic offer and it is hard to put much value on a club that doesn’t own its own stadium and has few assets.

The Satori situation remains a strange one. If he really wanted to be involved in a football club and had the sort of money that was being spoken of, you would think that he would have a far greater role at Sunderland? I know he's put a few quid up, but nowhere near the money that was being claimed he would throw our way. I wonder if he was ever anymore than a link to SD and Charlie and maybe that's why DE pulled out.

3 reasons.

1) Money
2) Money
3) Money

Tiger offered the best package. DE selling in the ‘best interests of the club’ was either a flat out lie or he too was drawn in by the snake oil Tiger was selling. I think the Sartori bid was real but it was a pragmatic offer and it is hard to put much value on a club that doesn’t own its own stadium and has few assets.
But we know that DE was no fool, so why do a deal with someone who we are continually told is a potless chancer?

But we know that DE was no fool, so why do a deal with someone who we are continually told is a potless chancer?
Because Slippery had already secured his dosh from the sale as part of outstanding transfer balances that would've come to the club if tigger had the money up front.

Last edited:
Because Slippery had already secured his dosh from the sale as part of outstanding transfer balances that would've come to the club if trigger had the money up front.

Oh and at the time there were valuable players in the squad. Sartori via his advisers thought they could get the club at a cut down price in a fire sale.

Oh and at the time there were valuable players in the squad. Sartori via his advisers thought they could get the club at a cut down price in a fire sale.

Or they just put a more realistic valuation on the club..looking at the club’s current status, you could argue Tiger overpaid. Let’s just say he hasn’t been willing or able to follow on his initial outlay to any great extent..

Or they just put a more realistic valuation on the club..looking at the club’s current status, you could argue Tiger overpaid. Let’s just say he hasn’t been willing or able to follow on his initial outlay to any great extent..
What budget do you think Satori et al would have had for each operating year, and what do you think Tiger's budget is? I think you'll be surprised that there would have been very little difference. The idea that we would have been swimming in cash under Satori is entirely unfounded.

What budget do you think Satori et al would have had for each operating year, and what do you think Tiger's budget is? I think you'll be surprised that there would have been very little difference. The idea that we would have been swimming in cash under Satori is entirely unfounded.

I’m sure you are right. A Sartori deal wouldn’t have been the end of all our financial problems. I do feel however that a plan would have been implemented by Sartori and Donald and in the absence of one currently, we can all see the huge value of that.

So the situation as people see it:

1) DE wants to sell.

2) Sartori offers a realistic price, SD is also a potential partner in any deal.

3) This price isn’t enough for DE, so Sartori and SD walk away.

4) Tiger comes along wanting to own a football club. He doesn’t have oodles of cash so a favourable deal involving the future sale of assets is struck.

5) Having obtained the club, little thought has gone into the future strategy or structure of the club, other than building up the youth academy for the production of future assets to sell on.

6) Robinson, because of his brash, confident, outgoing personality either talks his way into, or is headhunted, to be a jack of all trades and to basically carry the can.

Does that about cover it? If so, where do all the other directors fit in to this? Have they been talked into coming on board by some potential deal involving the stadium and land, a deal that is still along way from coming to any sort of fruition?

1) DE wants to sell.

2) Sartori offers a realistic price, SD is also a potential partner in any deal.

4) Tiger comes along wanting to own a football club. He doesn’t have oodles of cash so a favourable deal involving the future sale of assets is struck.

5) Having obtained the club, little thought has gone into the future strategy or structure of the club, other than building up the youth academy for the production of future assets to sell on.

6) Robinson, because of his brash, confident, outgoing personality either talks his way into, or is headhunted, to be a jack of all trades and to basically carry the can.

Does that about cover it? If so, where do all the other directors fit in to this? Have they been talked into coming on board by some potential deal involving the stadium and land, a deal that is still along way from coming to any sort of fruition?

Pretty much sums it up..

Because the ‘best interests of the club’ line meant nothing. It was his way of slipping out. He would have sold to Satan himself and given us the same line. Tiger offered more - simple as.

There would be more respect in football is people were just honest when it came to money. Case in point this week is Marko Arnautović‘s move to China. He says it’s about ‘winning titles’ when we all know it’s about money. If he said ‘Football is a short career and they’re offering me something I just can’t refuse. I’m looking out for my family’ there would be more understanding. The ‘winning titles’ line is B*****s.

If DE had said, ‘Tiger simply offered more to me. Selfish, yes, but money talks’ I don’t think there would be the level of ill-feeling towards him. It’s the lie that stings the most.

1) DE wants to sell.

Wrong at 2. Is my guess.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom