General Academy

Foley

The usual good update from Dan Harris.
The Board appear to be continuing to back the Academy despite the COVID financial challenges.

I would think that the club have a good chance to move ahead of other clubs ( some who are downgrading their academies)

Everything appears to be done in the right way from what I read and see but as has been discussed elsewhere the success will be when players from the Academy become good first team players

The usual good update from Dan Harris.
The Board appear to be continuing to back the Academy despite the COVID financial challenges.

I would think that the club have a good chance to move ahead of other clubs ( some who are downgrading their academies)

Everything appears to be done in the right way from what I read and see but as has been discussed elsewhere the success will be when players from the Academy become good first team players
Agree with everything that's been said here, really promising.

From reading the update, I think it's interesting that they've deliberately gone for younger players in each age group. I would imagine that means some tough decisions were made this summer, with a lot of, if not every, player over a certain age being let go to make room for the next generation. That implies both a lot of faith in the upcoming crop, I think, while also acknowledging that the U23 team experiment, which I thought had been coming along well, ultimately failed. Of course, it may have been discontinued due purely to finances, but the wording of the statement makes it seem to me like there has been a shift in focus and that it had not developed players as effectively as the club would have liked.

Good update as usual by DH. The club is very focused on the development of all the youngsters on and off the pitch. I’d they make it all the way, time will tell, had a word with a parent who’s lad is in the set up last week and he couldn’t sing the clubs praises high enough when it comes to thess kinds things.

Even things like mails and calls during the lockdown period to check up on the young lads and even the parents. That for me is going above and beyond the remit and proves it’s more than just getting the best out the player on the pitch. It’s the education and development and well being off the pitch which matters just as much if not more.

Now to let the limited amount of parents and then fans into the games up at the training ground!!!

Did I previously read that we were being assessed for a step up to a category 2 academy? According the the update we are still level 3. Not a criticism, just wondered what has happened.

Did I previously read that we were being assessed for a step up to a category 2 academy? According the the update we are still level 3. Not a criticism, just wondered what has happened.

Before Covid-19 we were working towards Cat 2 but I don't think we got near to assessment for it. I suspect any further development will be on hold, at the least, for a while.

Before Covid-19 we were working towards Cat 2 but I don't think we got near to assessment for it. I suspect any further development will be on hold, at the least, for a while.
Glad I hadn't imagined it! Appreciate the response.

Hopeful that in the short term we will lean on young players to get though the busy schedule that this season has bought about. Thats presicsely where we will see whether the current crop can make it.

Cracking pass across the pitch for the 1st goal and an excellent team goal for the 2nd.

I like the way we kept the ball (even going backwards which some complain about) and then going on to score good worked/passing goals.

Back
Top Bottom