General Academy update nov 2019

Latest update from Dan Harris on OWS ......

Another good update. Interesting the plan to loan out until Christmas - would hope to see some play in the national league as it’s not a huge jump to league 1. Both Ryan Giles and Rhys Norrington-Davies-Davies were on loan outside of the EFL last year and now starting in league 1

Another good update. Interesting the plan to loan out until Christmas - would hope to see some play in the national league as it’s not a huge jump to league 1. Both Ryan Giles and Rhys Norrington-Davies-Davies were on loan outside of the EFL last year and now starting in league 1

Tbf, the same can be said of Shandon Baptiste last year after his loan a couple of seasons back at Hampton & Richmond.

Interesting update in the programme from Boxing Day about Tiger giving Dan Harris the go ahead to proceed with the club going for a Category 2 academy.

Great news! Would be a big investment required from Tiger also! In 2016 Coventry were putting 600k a year into their cat 2 academy, with a further 500k grant from the Premier league.

Where was this noted? Had a look at Tiger's comments in the programme online but could't see it mentioned.

Great news! Would be a big investment required from Tiger also! In 2016 Coventry were putting 600k a year into their cat 2 academy, with a further 500k grant from the Premier league.

Where was this noted? Had a look at Tiger's comments in the programme online but could't see it mentioned.
It was snuck away at the end of Dan Harris' notes - the club must have seen my post ;) and the notes are now online:
"Tiger has given the green light to the process of beginning to move the club towards Category Two Academy status that will put us in competition with the likes of Birmingham City, Leeds United, QPR and Crystal Palace."

It was snuck away at the end of Dan Harris' notes - the club must have seen my post ;) and the notes are now online:
"Tiger has given the green light to the process of beginning to move the club towards Category Two Academy status that will put us in competition with the likes of Birmingham City, Leeds United, QPR and Crystal Palace."

Amazing thank you!

I was surprised that no one else had spotted it - I even went back and reread it to be sure I hadn't dreamt of it. Poor old Chris Williams, he must be so offended that it took 5 days for anyone to notice and comment!!

However. It's another sign that this club is on the up and up

I was surprised that no one else had spotted it - I even went back and reread it to be sure I hadn't dreamt of it. Poor old Chris Williams, he must be so offended that it took 5 days for anyone to notice and comment!!

However. It's another sign that this club is on the up and up

Yeah is pretty hidden considering its big news (I think anyway!). Most of the championship sit with a Cat 2 academy, only Coventry, Crewe, Ipswich and Bolton hold it outside...would enable to attract better talent whilst holding on to the talent we do have.

Twin this with our recruitment and it leads to us becoming increasingly sustainable

Yeah is pretty hidden considering its big news (I think anyway!). Most of the championship sit with a Cat 2 academy, only Coventry, Crewe, Ipswich and Bolton hold it outside...would enable to attract better talent whilst holding on to the talent we do have.

Twin this with our recruitment and it leads to us becoming increasingly sustainable

I thought Colchester was a Cat 2 Academy as well?

Would being cat 2 give us more protection from prem teams nicking out youngsters for nothing?

Would being cat 2 give us more protection from prem teams nicking out youngsters for nothing?

Probably not as there is a 1.5hr travel time for youth team players in category 2...no limit for cat 1 teams...as I understand it!

Back
Top Bottom