Non-League Abingdon Town

Looks like it is a 4.5 acre (ish) site, developers can happily get 18 houses per acre so conservatively lets say 75 potentially on the site, so even if you equate only £50k profit per unit that is £3.75m. So people like this are speculating and only need the odd one of these sites to gain planning permission to give a handsome profit and cover the costs of any other land acquired, which can be sold at a loss if required. So no initial return but potentially very profitable returns!

Who would of guessed Ian Rush being the next Kassam. 🙄

Looks like it is a 4.5 acre (ish) site, developers can happily get 18 houses per acre so conservatively lets say 75 potentially on the site, so even if you equate only £50k profit per unit that is £3.75m. So people like this are speculating and only need the odd one of these sites to gain planning permission to give a handsome profit and cover the costs of any other land acquired, which can be sold at a loss if required. So no initial return but potentially very profitable returns!
Or even if they can't develop the whole site, they perhaps say that the club doesn't need such grand facilities and perhaps build houses or flats on part of the land.

And then there will be weeping and wailing when the (inevitably paved and tarmac'd) land floods and water gets into all the houses! I really think there ought to be some strong planning restrictions about where people build in such circumstances - maybe there are, but then why would anyone buy the land?

Or even if they can't develop the whole site, they perhaps say that the club doesn't need such grand facilities and perhaps build houses or flats on part of the land.

I've seen the whole pitch area and parts of the car park nearest the road covered by floodwaters in the past.

I've seen the whole pitch area and parts of the car park nearest the road covered by floodwaters in the past.
Yes it gets pretty bad. Almost onto the causeway some years.

Yes it gets pretty bad. Almost onto the causeway some years.

The path next to the road gives it away as it is raised again compared to the road. I can't see housing or any other commercial development being sanctioned there in my lifetime even if the issue of the covenant is dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom