Ex Player A-Z Best and Worst Players (continued)

Which brings me neatly onto M- Dean Morgan. Utterly detested that little s**t!

I’ll see your Morgan and raise you a Carlton Morris. Also, although I was too small to appreciate the turgid incompetence I was witnessing before my eyes, Brian McDermott was supposedly utterly mince.

Conversely we’ve some very good Ms...Bobby McDonald and Chris Maguire to add to Moods and Jimmy Magic, already given above.

I’ll see your Morgan and raise you a Carlton Morris. Also, although I was too small to appreciate the turgid incompetence I was witnessing before my eyes, Brian McDermott was supposedly utterly mince.

Conversely we’ve some very good Ms...Bobby McDonald and Chris Maguire to add to Moods and Jimmy Magic, already given above.
Morris was just nondescript. I remember Morgan sitting down in the area in front of the Oxford Mail when he got s**t for not putting in effort.

Wannabe gangster, utter A*****e.

Conversely we’ve some very good Ms...unimaginably Chris Maguire...

Idle, arrogant bastard who couldn't be involved in an attack without doing his trademark "magic roundabout" turn back, turn round look like he's looking for a pass and lose the ball.

Shithouser who became his own shithouse. Bit of a t**t, had a good moment once. Who can remember when?

Now a mackem, at his level with the other sub-humans.

I'm astounded nobody has mentioned Jack Midson for the best M, we should never have let him go.

Robbie Mustoe deserves a mention as he went on to have a very good career at the top level. Honourable mentions also for Bobby McDonald and Stuart Massey.

Last edited:
For the duff M's we need more categories as there are so many bad ones such as Ian McGuckin, Leon Mike and of course the international superstar Agon Mehmeti.

N is fairly straightforward I think. Best is Curtis Nelson. Worst has to be Jon (only ever good on Central South highlights) Narbett who was a shockingly bad signing at the time.

Can we have a nutter category as Craig Nelthorpe would win this?

Lee nogan may have a shout. Cant really remember being that impressed with him at the time but it was years ago. Ntoya and tom newey were pretty shite.

Lee nogan may have a shout. Cant really remember being that impressed with him at the time but it was years ago. Ntoya and tom newey were pretty shite.

N'Toya was decent for us in his short spell and I wish we had been able to keep him for that 1st season in the Conf as I reckon he would have helped us get back at the 1st time of asking. One of the few brought in at that time who was good enough. Tom Newey miles better than Jon Narbett.

Lee Nogan is a funny one, never quite made it for us but was clear he had the talent but went on to have an excellent career elsewhere. Curtis Nelson is ahead for me as he did it for us whilst also doing it elsewhere.

Tom Newey was what he was. A technically hopeless but committed full back who could do the basics right. He's the embodiment of League 2 and formed an effective career out of limited resources. Any side who plays at League 2 will end up with those functional sorts in their side at some time or another. He's hardly the worst we've ever had.

As for O's - we've got an odd bunch.

Best - O'Dowda, Obita and Oldfield (old but evident talent)
Worst - Tony Obi - and never a popular choice despite probably not as bad as we remember him to be - Jon Obika

N'Toya was decent for us in his short spell and I wish we had been able to keep him for that 1st season in the Conf as I reckon he would have helped us get back at the 1st time of asking. One of the few brought in at that time who was good enough. Tom Newey miles better than Jon Narbett.

Lee Nogan is a funny one, never quite made it for us but was clear he had the talent but went on to have an excellent career elsewhere. Curtis Nelson is ahead for me as he did it for us whilst also doing it elsewhere.
My only memory of Lee Nogan was of him scoring in my only ever visit to the Abbey Stadium in a 1-1 draw with Cambridge. I remember he managed a decent career after he left us, but I can barely bring him to mind. Must have been good...

My only memory of Lee Nogan was of him scoring in my only ever visit to the Abbey Stadium in a 1-1 draw with Cambridge. I remember he managed a decent career after he left us, but I can barely bring him to mind. Must have been good...

That was his final goal for us. Was superb (if my memory isn't failing me) away in a game at Chelsea where he scored.

Best. David Rush. Always told some cracking jokes after the match in The Standard.

Best. David Rush. Always told some cracking jokes after the match in The Standard.
Think we missed out p & q. For R jordan rhodes. Could see his quality in the few loan appearances he made for us as a young un.

Back
Top Bottom